• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

popothehero

Recruit
May 5, 2022
Dose anyone else get bothered that are largest galaxy is only 600 stars? I mean we get all these updates and optimizations. Why no larger galaxies , I'm sure a ps5 could handle it well.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Dose anyone else get bothered that are largest galaxy is only 600 stars? I mean we get all these updates and optimizations. Why no larger galaxies , I'm sure a ps5 could handle it well.
the game wasn't built with the ps5 or series systems in mind

it was built around the Xbone and PS4, which aren't as powerful

the "limitations" the systems had meant some things couldn't be ported over
that was one of them

and as far as I know they had/have no plans to make changes to the game [outside of just general optimization] specifically for the newer systems because of the backward compatibility they offered and the cross generational gameplay

Reactions:
Indeed you would think that "Bigger is Better" and I some ways it think indeed it'd be great to have 1000+ star systems in the console versions, at least in the "next gen" versions - it's always great to feel that there's always more to explore see and do...

However in terms of the games' complexity, optimisation and control of the galaxy, MAYBE the current limit is high enough...

Indeed on base PS4 late game, it really struggles, sometimes freezing for a minute or two before continuing, while day to day tasks slow down, with the game only running a little better on the Pro - unless they create a new "next gen" version of the game, would the PS5 version even be that much better still?

And indeed if you want to as said control the galaxy that you're in, the bigger it is the more you have to do and micromanage, which might feel more like a second job than the game can already feel sometimes...

All that being said, the option would be nice and I indeed do want it :) .

• 1Like
Reactions:
On Xbox its optimized for series x/s. But why is it still limited to the same values as Xbox one. I don't care if Xbox one can't play with Series x when settings are higher.
The issue is they can't

Because Stellaris Console Edition that is on the Series systems and PS5 is the exact same game as it is on Xbox One and PS4 [just with some optimization for the newer systems]

To do what you want they would either need:

A) To do that globally for Console Edition as a whole [which the older systems may not be able to handle at all]

or

B) Make a new edition of the game specifically designed for the new systems [which they said they had no plans for due to backwards compatibility]

I don't know your playing style but for me there are more important things to fix in the game than galaxy size.

When I started playing Stellaris first time I was disappointed because biggest galaxy only has 600 stars. Before the latest update broke my current save, I had managed to conquer about 60% of the biggest galaxy. Long before that the amount of micromanaging I had to do started actually feel rather tiresome. The clunky job managing system just adds unnecessary challenge to the game. So, thankfully biggest galaxy only has 600 stars.

If there was only one thing that I could fix in the game, that would be the fleet list window. To be able to change the order of your fleets in the list would be really great thing.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: