100 sheets of ideas for the development and deepening of the game world and gameplay.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oct 24, 2020
Hey. I play Stellaris and have been following the development of the game since 2016. During this time, I have accumulated a lot of ideas for the development and deepening of the game world and gameplay. I have done a lot of creative work, which fits on about 100 sheets. Tell me how I can communicate directly with developers and game designers and convey my ideas to them. Please take my work seriously, because I spent a lot of time and effort on this research.

I developed the story branches of the development of a whole system of changes, primarily affecting living beings, non-factional inhabitants of space, such as Amoebas, void clouds, Tianki, and others... Now each species has its own storyline, globally affecting the entire world of the game; completely redesigned all the forerunners, adding to each of the existing additional story with buns and unique achievements; developed completely new forerunners and a variable storyline of their development; introduced a new enclave with many new and original mechanics, developed a new apocalyptic and absolutely not childish crisis, came up with about ten funny incoming events related to caravaner's.

I tried to contact directly Johan Andersson and Sinan Sabir and the administrators of the Stellaris social media communities. But none of them answered me.

Where should I send my 100-page work? Tell me who of the living people can seriously consider my work. Give the address and name of an appropriate person in the management who responds to emails and is ready for a constructive dialogue.

Upvote 0
The place to put suggestions is here, in this forum. And you're unlikely to get a dev having a discussion about it, but they do check the threads here semi-regularly. If they see something they like, it might get put on the board (or whatever they use to organize ideas) at Paradox.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The place to put suggestions is here, in this forum. And you're unlikely to get a dev having a discussion about it, but they do check the threads here semi-regularly. If they see something they like, it might get put on the board (or whatever they use to organize ideas) at Paradox.
True, you should post your list of ideas on a reputable file sharing service and post a link in the forum to our ideas to make them public.

But that said, if someone did put their work to make 100 pages of ideas, it is hardly appropriate to dismiss them in a way "just put it in the forum". It is simply a public relations failure for Paradox not to take a look at such a thing, as it discourages dedicated content submissions.

• 1Like
Reactions:
True, you should post your list of ideas on a reputable file sharing service and post a link in the forum to our ideas to make them public.

But that said, if someone did put their work to make 100 pages of ideas, it is hardly appropriate to dismiss them in a way "just put it in the forum". It is simply a public relations failure for Paradox not to take a look at such a thing, as it discourages dedicated content submissions.

Paradox doesn't need people making suggestions. Yes, it's nice, but even if something was amazing and they wanted to put 90% of it into the game, they still need to go through everything, and likely rework half of it due to the 10% they aren't implementing. It's a significant amount of work, and one that is frankly not necessary as they already are paying people to come up with stuff for the game. Demanding a direct line to a developer to submit a suggestion is entitled, and is horrible use of that dev's time. Instead, once a week or however, a dev can spend an hour or so looking through the forum, and flag or copy down any ideas they see which look promising. That way the most time possible can be spent on actual development of the game, which I'm sure we all want.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Paradox doesn't need people making suggestions. Yes, it's nice, but even if something was amazing and they wanted to put 90% of it into the game, they still need to go through everything, and likely rework half of it due to the 10% they aren't implementing. It's a significant amount of work, and one that is frankly not necessary as they already are paying people to come up with stuff for the game. Demanding a direct line to a developer to submit a suggestion is entitled, and is horrible use of that dev's time. Instead, once a week or however, a dev can spend an hour or so looking through the forum, and flag or copy down any ideas they see which look promising. That way the most time possible can be spent on actual development of the game, which I'm sure we all want.

Taking anything between 15 minutes to a few hours based on the quality of the stuff received, is not a waste of time, if you are actually trying to come up with improvement ideas.
There are plenty of small developpment effort - high game quality improvement ideas that are simply not being implemented for the reason that nobody in the position to do so has thought about doing so, like why aren't armies always created as landed on the planet by default? Why doesn't AI land unused armies on planets, instead of having them around in space for no reason? A bit more complicated but probably doable, why AI doesn't use "Martial Law" decision to reinforce planets that may be facing invasion?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I do think I agree with Tamwin 5 here. People generally don't want to receive 100 pages of reading material unsolicited, no matter how well intentioned or how much work has gone into it. It is a lot of labour to read this material. I think everyone appreciates that you've done all this work, but no one is obliged to engage with it.

The best thing you can do is to go through this material yourself, and try to pick out what you feel are the best and most promising ideas, and hone these into the best suggestions you can for this forum. There isn't really a logical place for developed story elements to go, so you'd need to pick between here and the main forums for them.

If for whatever reason that idea is a non-starter, you can always try posting it up for the community to read - though I would recommend coming up with a good pitch to engage people with it, maybe not leading with the page length ;). If it is really solid, it might get some attention here, which in turn might lead to some attention from the devs. Or it might lead to critique or other discussion. But do bear in mind that again no one is obligated to respond, and you might have to put the work in yourself to make it digestible for people, rather than giving them 100 pages in one go.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Taking anything between 15 minutes to a few hours based on the quality of the stuff received, is not a waste of time, if you are actually trying to come up with improvement ideas.
There are plenty of small developpment effort - high game quality improvement ideas that are simply not being implemented for the reason that nobody in the position to do so has thought about doing so, like why aren't armies always created as landed on the planet by default? Why doesn't AI land unused armies on planets, instead of having them around in space for no reason? A bit more complicated but probably doable, why AI doesn't use "Martial Law" decision to reinforce planets that may be facing invasion?

My point is the devs DO spend that time reading suggestions, just at periods when they have the time and it's not interrupting their workflow.

As for something like army creation, having them spawn in space IS preferable, as most of the time when building armies it's to invade somewhere so you want them in space for easy gathering of them. There is a feature, that if your planet is being bombarded or the starbase is occupied (I forget exactly the trigger) then those armies spawn on the ground, so they don't get sniped off. It used to be that they always spawned on the ground, and it was a pain having to embark all of them, so they changed it.

This shows that something that one person considers "high game quality improvement" suggestions would be completely counterproductive (atleast from the perspective of another player). And even the best suggestions still have the cost of development time.

• 1Like
Reactions:
My point is the devs DO spend that time reading suggestions, just at periods when they have the time and it's not interrupting their workflow.

As for something like army creation, having them spawn in space IS preferable, as most of the time when building armies it's to invade somewhere so you want them in space for easy gathering of them. There is a feature, that if your planet is being bombarded or the starbase is occupied (I forget exactly the trigger) then those armies spawn on the ground, so they don't get sniped off. It used to be that they always spawned on the ground, and it was a pain having to embark all of them, so they changed it.

This shows that something that one person considers "high game quality improvement" suggestions would be completely counterproductive (atleast from the perspective of another player). And even the best suggestions still have the cost of development time.

Armies spawn on the ground if you have an existing invasion army on the ground, they will join the other units on the ground. They will still spawn in space and get sniped off if you have no invasion army on the ground, even if the starbase is taken and you are being bombarded from orbit, I have experienced that.

Having to embark armies is a minor inconvenience for the player, its a major problem for how AI handles armies. AI will build armies and these armies will hang around above planets if not given an order to fly somewhere. If they would spawn on the ground, the AI wouldn't have that problem.

AI invasion armies die in space for no reason. AI does not try to land them on planets, most of the times, AI does not even try to escape to safety. This is a major problem in AI gameplay, severely exacerbated by the fact that armies now are created on orbit by default.

So finally, as I said, this is a hotfix level improvement, get the AI to land idle fleets on the ground, if you want the best solution with a little more complication than just having armies created on surface as in earlier versions, have all friendly armies in orbit of a friendly planet automatically land on the planet and have new armies always create on planet surface if there are any enemy ships or starbases in the system.

Being made aware that this needs to be done is 90% of the work here and in similar situations, because at risk of overexplaining the obvious, this is the work they are not always able to do themselves. To do this job, you need millions of eyes, dozens of extra developpers are not going to help to spot, what a distributed group of users can.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Armies spawn on the ground if you have an existing invasion army on the ground, they will join the other units on the ground. They will still spawn in space and get sniped off if you have no invasion army on the ground, even if the starbase is taken and you are being bombarded from orbit, I have experienced that.

Having to embark armies is a minor inconvenience for the player, its a major problem for how AI handles armies. AI will build armies and these armies will hang around above planets if not given an order to fly somewhere. If they would spawn on the ground, the AI wouldn't have that problem.

AI invasion armies die in space for no reason. AI does not try to land them on planets, most of the times, AI does not even try to escape to safety. This is a major problem in AI gameplay, severely exacerbated by the fact that armies now are created on orbit by default.

So finally, as I said, this is a hotfix level improvement, get the AI to land idle fleets on the ground, if you want the best solution with a little more complication than just having armies created on surface as in earlier versions, have all friendly armies in orbit of a friendly planet automatically land on the planet and have new armies always create on planet surface if there are any enemy ships or starbases in the system.

Being made aware that this needs to be done is 90% of the work here and in similar situations, because at risk of overexplaining the obvious, this is the work they are not always able to do themselves. To do this job, you need millions of eyes, dozens of extra developpers are not going to help to spot, what a distributed group of users can.
This is generally why Alpha/Betas exist

Granted sometimes there is no way for them to fix a problem before the launch of a game because it is too big of a task

While the whole "A delayed game is eventually a good game" argument has some merit, it also has flaws [see Duke Nukem Forever as a prime example]

But this convo has gotten WAY off course of the original topic (to the point where it is almost necroing]

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is generally why Alpha/Betas exist

Granted sometimes there is no way for them to fix a problem before the launch of a game because it is too big of a task

While the whole "A delayed game is eventually a good game" argument has some merit, it also has flaws [see Duke Nukem Forever as a prime example]

But this convo has gotten WAY off course of the original topic (to the point where it is almost necroing]

That is not the problem, these are problems that will exist in the release version and do exist, and do persist through patches and releases, because they are not even aware about many of these problems being problems in the first place.

The continuous development of the game, which can be called a game as a service, rather than a product, that paradox has definitely been one of the early adopters is definitely one of the best improvements in game development philosophy.

I call the age of 2000-2010 a dark age of gaming, as games were usually sufficiently complex to be heavily flawed, but also made to market as a single product, with maybe one or two expansion packs, but then, instead of fixing the original game, the developers would move to market another heavily flawed sequel.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Tell me who of the living people can seriously consider my work.
You prejudiced against their new necroid employees?

Where should I send my 100-page work?
Serious answer: you should make a mod or ten and upload them to Steam.

People will engage with your work, and the PDX devs do actually use and embrace mods -- the recent "Carrying Capacity" mention in the Dev Diary thread is a golden example of a mod becoming core content.

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I decided to briefly outline most of the ideas outlined in detail in my work, in the form of a small announcement. DOWN with THE complete STUPIDITY of standing in one place or flying from place to place Amoebas, crystals, void clouds, and other living creatures. Enough of this nonsense! It took me four months to come up with and describe original story lines for each type of non-factional creature. Now every creaky Amoeba, every crystal ship will be engaged in a specific task, each faction of living creatures will pursue certain goals, develop from point " A "to point"B". Now it will not be possible to just smash everyone, without General galactic consequences, even if just puzzled by the destruction of all living things-a crazy gamer it just will not work. I have introduced a new system of xenosectors that stretches across the entire map of the Galaxy, and serves as a reserve for Amoebas, crystals, and whales. All of them, except for the standard home system, will receive another home system for development in one of the chain of closed xenosectors, where access to the Imperial marauders will be closed without the presence of special technology.

Each fraction will have its own unique creatures, with their own characteristics and development branch, not only in relation to themselves, but also in their relationships with the outside world. Unique creatures will be the leaders of their species, strengthen their faction, and pursue specific goals. Each of the unique creatures can be hunted within the galactic forum, or Vice versa-a bonus for passive or active protection will open. Unique creatures can be captured by a unique specialized ship of the Colossus type and displayed as a curiosity in the new mega-structures "Xenoaquarium", to increase influence.

Amoebas: now reproduce and are busy searching for their ideal world that actually exists. After finding their ideal world, the amoebas will meet their distant relative, the Sperm whale Amoeba, and release them into the General Galaxy. In the middle of the game, two events will occur – two unique Amoebas will be born: a White albino Prince, and a Black Princess. The story of their tragic love is described in detail in my work, and these are SEVEN different plot options.

Crystals: now not just cheap low-level enemies who are killed at once and by the 70th year of the game completely disappear from the Galaxy, this paradise is over. Now the Crystals will actively build their base, collect resources, block Hyper corridor, raise your fleet. At the end of the game, the Crystals will open a path to the center of the Galaxy, build their mega-Carousel there, and spin the Galaxy so that the entire map will actually turn on its axis. Each stage of accelerating the rotation of the Galaxy will bring its own incoming destructive events to the serene world of the game, and if the Crystal carousel is not stopped – the entire population of the planets will simply fly the hell off their planets.

Void clouds now will evolve like everyone else, saving energy to create a new star, and possibly a new additional sector on the General map. The Voids will have their own caste system, where everyone will be busy with their own business. Void that has accumulated enough energy will be able to multiply through the passage through the pulsar. The Voids will have their own personal enemy-the Black Voids, who also accumulate energy, but strive not to create a new star, but a Black hole.

Whales Tiynki will no longer be like bums shying from sector to sector, because they really have nothing to do. Nothing to do? "well, I thought of something for them to do. Meet a new actively evil entity-Spoilage. The corruption substance that has penetrated the interspatial gap in the sector with Interspatial Horror will now constantly penetrate the Galaxy, infecting everything it can attach to: ships, living creatures, and even planets, generating new types of aggressive creatures – Spoilage's Creatures – each of which has its own unique space combat tactics. And almost nothing can protect the Galaxy from contamination by Spoilage, except for the Tiyanka Whales, and their super-unique weapons - "purity settings", which are absolutely useless for combat purposes. Now Tiyanks will be welcome in every sector, only they will completely free of charge to clear the Galaxy of all evil spirits.

Some unique creatures will spawn their own unkillable ghosts after being killed – this is a new game mechanic. Now you can't just shoot the Matriarch of Tiynki without serious consequences. His restless Ghost will appear, which can only be weakened to a certain extent by the same "purity setting" and forced to retreat for a while. And it is the Tiynki that will be the best allies during the Crystal Apocalypse of the end of the game.

Having rebuilt the Scientific Complex, the player will be able to review most of the open anomalies at a new stage. As you know, the time to discover anomalies is the beginning of the game, but when all the planets are explored, you can throw it in the trash your scientific ships - and events related to the discovery of the secrets of space from the middle of the game are very lacking - the game turns into a boring territorial strategy. Now, with the reconstruction of the Scientific complex, it will be possible to launch projects for a more in-depth study of already discovered anomalies. And it won't be some cheap research glasses. I made a sketch for nine old anomalies, each of which, through a special project, gives access to a unique technology, or unique game mechanics, or will launch an entire story variable chain.

Now, using the power of the Scientific Complex, you can decipher the pulse signals of mining drones, and with the correct completion of the quest, open new secret locations, and mega-structures associated with this faction, and even bring out a new kind of living creatures.

Reactions:
Now, using the power of the Scientific Complex, you can decipher the pulse signals of mining drones, and with the correct completion of the quest, open new secret locations, and mega-structures associated with this faction, and even bring out a new kind of living creatures.
Do you remember the Ku-ku worms that appeared as a random event during the construction of the Ringworld? I've developed a whole chain of their development, starting with simple space parasites, and ending with a new independent race and even a new trading enclave.
There is a huge imbalance between the advantages of different Forerunners. For spiritualists, the ideal forerunners are the Zroni, in comparison with them, all other forerunners are garbage, not worth attention; just as for machines, they are Cybrex, and everything else is nonsense. What's the use of the Yavor plague if you can shoot a Colossus to zero the planet? What is the point of a bonus for industrial research in the First League, if, after exploring the entire branch of industry, the bonus becomes meaningless? The Utah cryo-Core is probably a good relic, but I don't remember ever using it, there are always better options, and the additional settlement will grow by itself… In order to fix this problem, for each of the forerunners, I wrote a non-linear story that will open after finding the forerunner's home world. Now all forerunners are completely different, and give absolutely unique advantages.
The studies Utes can now find a project and build their own unique Ute destroyers that put real minefields and justify their name - a destroyer squadron's. With a successful scenario, the player will get access to a unique Ute mega-weapon-the Ute cryodock-which completely freezes combat fleets that are unnecessary in peacetime, and reduces their content to zero.
The study of the Forerunner of Vultaum open access construction of a unique Vultaum's frigate creating their holographic image during the battle. The hologram does not deal damage, but it draws some of the enemy's fire. In addition, after completing the necessary quest, the Empire will receive a unique mega-weapon-the Vultaum five-dimensional prediction center, which allows you to read from each ship, creature, or entire Empire, if this is not the player, of course, his current, prospective task, and final goal. – as you know, after a certain patch, we cannot see orders for other ships - Vultaum's five-dimensional prediction center gives this opportunity and even expands it. Vultaum's citizens was crazy paranoid. Now the player will be able to initiate the invasion of the mysterious observers, who were so afraid of vultaum.
The strong point of the Forerunners of the First League is definitely a relic world. But, if in the menu for selecting empires you put down the appropriate origin for everyone, then more than half of the factions in the new game will have a relic world as their starting world, seize the capital and you have a relic world. Thus, without a relic, the uniqueness of the forerunners of the First League is lost.
As in previous predecessors, I added the ability to build a unique ship-the familiar first League cruiser with increased combat characteristics, a unique megastructure-the "pulsar megaprojector of the first League" megastructure-which allows you to transfer your fleets to a long distance without using a jump engine.

Cybrexs have always been powerful forerunners, but I've promoted them even more. The player will now be able to find the Creator of the Cybrex Machine Empire imprisoned in the Xeno aquarium in a hidden secondary sector. I developed six branches of the story based on how the player should deal with the captive Cybrex Creator.
Excavations of irrassianer's discover even more ancient civilization, which is the precursor for irrassianer's, the player will get the opportunity to regularly send its stupid scientists in the world of the ancient forerunners and get they back developed to the maximum level and got unique features.
al with their new Baol's settlements, will either lead to receiving many blessings and gifts from the ancient Baol, or to a specific curse (look carefully at the devastated world of the grunur).
Now when you activate the Zroni's Crystal, the player will always enter into a short dialogue with the spirit of Ja - baxty. The spirit of ja-boksti, in addition to the main positive bonuses, will give good advice and hints in the form of a parable, according to the option of help that was chosen, or without looking at it. The spirit will always say something (or remain silent), but each communication with the spirit will be unique. For a full session of the game, even if you activate the ZrO-crystal relic each time, there will not be a single repeated conversation with ja-baksti. The spirit constantly monitors the military, geopolitical, and economic state of the Empire and can always intervene itself, even without activating the relic. The spirit will be a real guru for the Empire, it is so strong that it can cross the boundaries of the General laws of the game at critical moments (or critical days). I made a sketch of 28 possible ways to communicate with the spirit.
I completely developed from scratch new forerunners-the Pirate brotherhood, with its own history, original plot, excavations, and, of course, a relic – "Banner of Black Bart", which, when activated, allows you to raise the black flag on your ships, and go to Rob your neighbors. Such a RAID will not be considered aggression, since the ships will change the flag and you can safely plunder someone else's territory from a political point of view. Further study of the forerunners of the Pirate Brotherhood will open access to three completely different political models for the development of the pirate state. Either the Empire will change in the image of marauding raiders, or create a unique pirate Federation with them, or it will become a criminal state with its own personal trading enclave - a Pirate Syndicate that expands its sphere of influence by branches on the planets of other empires, and secret pirate asteroid bases.
I've completely developed a new enclave – the Pirate Guild. Do you want something in the game but can't get it? - Contact the Guild administrator, what is impossible for mere mortals will be available in the Guild. The kidnapping of the leader, theft of starship, theft of rare resources, and more
You can pay for an uprising on one of the inhabited planets, you can steal an entire Titan from stagnation, for a very decent amount, as part of a private project. The Guild has a Black market, an auction, a pirate Bank, and a mercenary fleet.
I wrote 11 short stories related to the caravaneers. Now the caravan Drivers will become a real traveling circus. They will regularly put on an unreal show and raise on the ears of the entire Galaxy with their unique offers, which no one else will refuse.

And that's not all... just the main thing... and all in short…

While these ideas are certainly creative, a lot of these either are too vague, aren't very feasible or wouldn't be fun to play. Stuff like creating a dozen entirely new mechanics for a single precursor or having enough dialogue that you'll never have a repeated conversation is far too ambitious, and would take too much time to make compared to how valuable they are for the game experience. In my opinion, you should try too trim your hundred pages down to a few separate polished and clear ideas that can easily fit within pre-established mechanics.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I decided to briefly outline most of the ideas outlined in detail in my work, in the form of a small announcement. DOWN with THE complete STUPIDITY of standing in one place or flying from place to place Amoebas, crystals, void clouds, and other living creatures. Enough of this nonsense! It took me four months to come up with and describe original story lines for each type of non-factional creature. Now every creaky Amoeba, every crystal ship will be engaged in a specific task, each faction of living creatures will pursue certain goals, develop from point " A "to point"B". Now it will not be possible to just smash everyone, without General galactic consequences, even if just puzzled by the destruction of all living things-a crazy gamer it just will not work. I have introduced a new system of xenosectors that stretches across the entire map of the Galaxy, and serves as a reserve for Amoebas, crystals, and whales. All of them, except for the standard home system, will receive another home system for development in one of the chain of closed xenosectors, where access to the Imperial marauders will be closed without the presence of special technology.

Each fraction will have its own unique creatures, with their own characteristics and development branch, not only in relation to themselves, but also in their relationships with the outside world. Unique creatures will be the leaders of their species, strengthen their faction, and pursue specific goals. Each of the unique creatures can be hunted within the galactic forum, or Vice versa-a bonus for passive or active protection will open. Unique creatures can be captured by a unique specialized ship of the Colossus type and displayed as a curiosity in the new mega-structures "Xenoaquarium", to increase influence.

Amoebas: now reproduce and are busy searching for their ideal world that actually exists. After finding their ideal world, the amoebas will meet their distant relative, the Sperm whale Amoeba, and release them into the General Galaxy. In the middle of the game, two events will occur – two unique Amoebas will be born: a White albino Prince, and a Black Princess. The story of their tragic love is described in detail in my work, and these are SEVEN different plot options.

Crystals: now not just cheap low-level enemies who are killed at once and by the 70th year of the game completely disappear from the Galaxy, this paradise is over. Now the Crystals will actively build their base, collect resources, block Hyper corridor, raise your fleet. At the end of the game, the Crystals will open a path to the center of the Galaxy, build their mega-Carousel there, and spin the Galaxy so that the entire map will actually turn on its axis. Each stage of accelerating the rotation of the Galaxy will bring its own incoming destructive events to the serene world of the game, and if the Crystal carousel is not stopped – the entire population of the planets will simply fly the hell off their planets.

Void clouds now will evolve like everyone else, saving energy to create a new star, and possibly a new additional sector on the General map. The Voids will have their own caste system, where everyone will be busy with their own business. Void that has accumulated enough energy will be able to multiply through the passage through the pulsar. The Voids will have their own personal enemy-the Black Voids, who also accumulate energy, but strive not to create a new star, but a Black hole.

Whales Tiynki will no longer be like bums shying from sector to sector, because they really have nothing to do. Nothing to do? "well, I thought of something for them to do. Meet a new actively evil entity-Spoilage. The corruption substance that has penetrated the interspatial gap in the sector with Interspatial Horror will now constantly penetrate the Galaxy, infecting everything it can attach to: ships, living creatures, and even planets, generating new types of aggressive creatures – Spoilage's Creatures – each of which has its own unique space combat tactics. And almost nothing can protect the Galaxy from contamination by Spoilage, except for the Tiyanka Whales, and their super-unique weapons - "purity settings", which are absolutely useless for combat purposes. Now Tiyanks will be welcome in every sector, only they will completely free of charge to clear the Galaxy of all evil spirits.

Some unique creatures will spawn their own unkillable ghosts after being killed – this is a new game mechanic. Now you can't just shoot the Matriarch of Tiynki without serious consequences. His restless Ghost will appear, which can only be weakened to a certain extent by the same "purity setting" and forced to retreat for a while. And it is the Tiynki that will be the best allies during the Crystal Apocalypse of the end of the game.

Having rebuilt the Scientific Complex, the player will be able to review most of the open anomalies at a new stage. As you know, the time to discover anomalies is the beginning of the game, but when all the planets are explored, you can throw it in the trash your scientific ships - and events related to the discovery of the secrets of space from the middle of the game are very lacking - the game turns into a boring territorial strategy. Now, with the reconstruction of the Scientific complex, it will be possible to launch projects for a more in-depth study of already discovered anomalies. And it won't be some cheap research glasses. I made a sketch for nine old anomalies, each of which, through a special project, gives access to a unique technology, or unique game mechanics, or will launch an entire story variable chain.

Not everything should be it's own faction. The primary purpose of crystals, void clouds, amoeba, and mining drones is to create limits of early expansion to be overcome by combat, creating a pre-war incentive to build up a fleet. Gameplay is as important as story. Turning them into factions makes them into just another empire, rather than filling their current role. Also much of what makes stellaris such an engaging game is that it tells emergent stories. Part of that is having details that are deliberately vague. So have the crystals construct strange stations/constructs around stars, but don't ever tell the player why.

The space creatures aren't sapient beings with societies. They don't need stories, they need behaviors. Something to make them feel alive.

Also, gating things behind the science nexus is a bad idea as a specific DLC (Utopia) is required to build it.

Reactions:
Ideas are cheap, don't expect to get any reward (except for bragging rights - I sometimes bring up being the guy who came up with Devotion for EU4 even though I consider it one of my less interesting ideas).
Post here or make a mod.

Reactions:
Ideas are cheap, don't expect to get any reward (except for bragging rights - I sometimes bring up being the guy who came up with Devotion for EU4 even though I consider it one of my less interesting ideas).
Post here or make a mod.

I'd like to say that posting ideas here is useful, but unfortunately it seems to me that it's just a waste of time

I'd like to say that posting ideas here is useful, but unfortunately it seems to me that it's just a waste of time
At best you're contributing to a game, which means that the highest aspiration for your posts here is indeed a waste of time.

But it's a fun waste of time, and I don't regret most of the time wasted with it.