1 TAG World Conquest by 1689 (patch 1.12)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I gotta tell our QA team that they are slackers.. ;)

I wasjust talking with Wiz yesterday about designing achievements, and i wanted one for WC before 1650, but he thought it was impossible that early..
You just need to add an achievement for naming all your colonies the same thing

As far as I am aware, you can move your capital to Cyprus and anything not Europe will be considered overseas and do not need to use vassals.
That has the distinct disadvantage of causing all that land to never be not overseas. With Vassals you can add the land into your home territory by annexing them when they have served their purpose.

No you can just move your capital to the mainland.

That means paying 400 Adm for something that you can get for free with vassal management and you'll also loose your cheap coring.

I've never tried the Cyprus strat but in fairness the vassal strategy also has mana cost associated with it.

The vassal strat is in terms of efficiency much better, but you have to pull it off well of course, making sure there's always another vassal further along to provide the new border. Shuffling your capital around has the advantage of simplicity, but is also worth keeping in mind as a fallback if your vassal strat messes up somehow. You may save 400 points in coring.

The Persia as a vassal strat is risky if Timmy completely implodes and you immediately end up with a massive and massively pissed off vassal with 100 LD for the next 50+ years. Can really slow things down.

Given the size of Persia, they do make a dangerous vassal. A dangerous vassal who is always angry, has troops and cash comparable to you, and can block your entire eastern expansion plan.

Yeah in my ottoman silk road run I was more scared of my own vassal than anyone else the first 100 years of the game. Every time I had my main forces occupied over in Europe (or something) I was terrified I was going to get stabbed in the back by the Persians if my manpower got too low.

For those that don´t know me I am the YouTuber Marco Antonio, I have uploaded almost 2000 videos of both HOI III and EU IV. For example I conquered the world as Frankfurt in EU IV (back in patch 1.7); I have the world domination record as Austria played with patch 1.8, I unlocked the TTM achievement with 1.11 and conquered the world in HOI III with countries like Albania, Estonia and a near 100% WC as Luxembourg just to name a few.If you think I´ve cheated think again.
Here are all my playlists:
youtube.com/user/marcoan7onio/playlists

The benchmark

Reactions: