1.7 Update & Res Publica Released - Checksum f2a1 - NO PROBLEM REPORTS HERE PLEASE!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice if you could choose to keep or replace your colour when forming new nations, I really like Savoy -> Sardina-Piedmont -> Italy, but Sardina's colour is gorgeous, I don't want to lose it when switching to Italy, but I'm 99% sure you can't go Italy then Savoy (I don't know if the mission update instantly when you switch or if at the end of the month, if it's at the end of the month you could go Italy->Sardina-Piedmont before the game knows you've switched).

Last edited:
Hi all! I´m new to this forum, bought EuIV in the spring and have been enjoyng it very much. Have bought almost all of the dlc as well except this last one, not sure if its something for my taste. Anyway just wondering why I cant get this new patch 1.7? I only have 1.6.2, is it because I dont have purchased this last dlc?

Was also wondering why i cant acces the mods forum, is its beacuse I just reg?

Hope someone might answer my questions, thx

Anyway just wondering why I cant get this new patch 1.7? I only have 1.6.2, is it because I dont have purchased this last dlc?

Was also wondering why i cant acces the mods forum, is its beacuse I just reg?
You should get the patch automatically, try restarting Steam.

As for the subforums, you'll have to register your game, click on "My Games" way up at the top and keep your Steam "CD Key" handy.

It would be nice if you could choose to keep or replace your colour when forming new nations, I really like Savoy -> Sardina-Piedmont -> Italy, but Sardina's colour is gorgeous, I don't want to lose it when switching to Italy, but I'm 99% sure you can't go Italy then Savoy (I don't know if the mission update instantly when you switch or if at the end of the month, if it's at the end of the month you could go Italy->Sardina-Piedmont before the game knows you've switched).

The funny thing is I agree with your suggestion but not for the reasons you described. I actually hate Sardinia-Piedmont's color (It's way too bright when covering huge swathes of land) and it hurts my eyes, but I do want the bonus tax. If I could keep Savoy's color while forming S-P, I'd be a lot less hesitant to form it.

Italy's green is kinda ugly too, honestly. That's the main reason I didn't form it in my Tuscany game.

The funny thing is I agree with your suggestion but not for the reasons you described. I actually hate Sardinia-Piedmont's color (It's way too bright when covering huge swathes of land) and it hurts my eyes, but I do want the bonus tax. If I could keep Savoy's color while forming S-P, I'd be a lot less hesitant to form it.

Italy's green is kinda ugly too, honestly. That's the main reason I didn't form it in my Tuscany game.

Sacrilege! Best country colour in game.

Also, with the new rebel OE mechanics rebels on some random island can easily number in the 100,000s. Very realistic 10/10 for immersion I have no doubt that many of the praisers in these forums will love it.

Reminded me of the pink india aar ddrjake wrote in eu3...

I played savoy. A pinkish country on political mapmode. I changed into italy, and i was like "wtf where did my pink go". Until i realized changing country changes political mapmode colour....

I laughed when i turned the entire french country from blue into pink.. Serves 'm right. (/dodges rotten eggs) *grin*

did 1.7 introduce newly formable countries btw? New mapcolours for countries? (gotta make my post relevant.. hehe)

Is there any chance for a hotfix? The bug with national focus not working in ironman is very disappointing, especially since it's a DLC feature.:(

Is there any chance for a hotfix? The bug with national focus not working in ironman is very disappointing, especially since it's a DLC feature.:(
Hahaha, DLC feature.

Observer mode was a DLC feature. It's been taken out entirely.

Something being a paid DLC feature doesn't mean Paradox actually cares whether you can use it.

Good job on tech bonus. I wasn't sure but 5% works much better than 2% as I can now spare points on ideas and policies, and also get back on my feet when things go horribly wrong. 2% enighbor bonus per tech meant one falling back = the end.

Its not that National focus doesn't work. Its that the game resets it every time you start it up. But it doesn't loose its wait to reassign timer. Just loses the focus.

Curious no?

# Gamebalance

- IA no longer gained when princes convert to the Emperor's religion.
- IA is once again lost when princes convert away from the Emperor's religion.

Why why why why WHY!? That is the opposite of 'gamebalance'. That is imbalance. It makes no sense to me. This was my first try at uniting the HRE so I don't know how easy it was before 1.7, but could it really have been so easy that we needed this change? I suppose I should count myself lucky that not long before the reformation started, I had enacted my own reform, so my IA was at 0 when it started. I stood by and watched during the catastrophe that was 1.6, but upon discovering this particular change last night I felt I had to create a profile to vent my frustration after sleeping on it; because I sure as hell didn't feel like playing anymore.

Oh, and you could at least update the goddamn elector window in your game so that it reflects this ridiculous change.

Status
Not open for further replies.