• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pioniere

Field Marshal
17 Badges
May 29, 2006
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Arsenal of Democracy
British Raj after empires end (DH full)
When I played a game with Germany I saw that the British Raj just become and isolated country that did nothing and was neither part of the allies. I think the developers could think of different outcome one this like what about India in terms of Azad Hind nationalists. Perhapes a civilwar setting in India? Its not the first time I have seen that the British Raj becomes isolated, but I think other outcomes might be an idea.

Others things might be to consider Hong Kong as an “independent nation” puppet under Canada. Instead of just having USA to take ownership of Hong Kong.
-
I would recommend that Jamaica (U89) get real ministers/leaders and tech teams. If UK whenever is annexed there is chance that Jamaica revolt.

By the way, I am happy with the 1.5 patch it is just that there is always some small stuff here and there.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I would like for the ideological system to be more moddable.

Now, I don't mean having a Clausewitz-style engine of ideologies where you can can create an unlimited number of tags, but rather just add extra, undefined tags for extra ideologies. (Like how you do with nations, which you expanded upon in this update.)

It would be nice if you can edit the ideologies, including the undefined ones, in a text file. As in, edit which "group" they are part of (You can have communist, fascist, democrat, and several undefined tags.) and edit the slider limits for open society/closed society. It would nice to able to label them as democracy/dictatorship as well as change relationships with other ideologies.

Basically, the player won't be able to add ideologies, but you would have hidden ideologies that the player can edit into "new" ideologies for whatever mod they desire to create. And, since it doesn't really change the tag system, it shouldn't really require too much effort to implement.

• 1Like
Reactions:
More detail in logistics, all the transfer of resources should take time . TC should include infrastructure level .

The negotiation should take time e.g. Warlord problem. The conversation should not take no time.

The main desire is less micromanagement. I would like a system to remove all the brigades from an army at once or to put the new units produced in a pre-selected province.

1) Moar tags!!!!11!!!!1!!!
2) Event command for renaming provinces. Something like command = { type = nameprovince where = [province ID] value = [name you want to give] }
3) If unit stays in occupied province after a peace is made, it goes to the capital. Please make it going to the nearest owned province instead.
4) Moddable techscreen width and height (maybe defined in misc.txt), making it scrollable if it doesn't fit the default size.
6) Connections between provinces being available or not due to season.
7) border = { country = XXX country = YYY } event trigger.
8) Manual embargoes.
9) Event command for adding/removing nukes.
10) build_cost/build_time/speed/etc. commands for specific models.
11) More division and brigade types (not asking for new ones, just more empty types for modding).
12) Leader traits moddable like minister personalities.
13) Possiblity of dishonoring an alliance.
14) assist AI parameter to define if AI should join different countries' wars.
It looks like we need a very new game to satisfy all desires. DH2! DH2! DH2!

• 1Love
Reactions:
1) Moar tags!!!!11!!!!1!!!
2) Event command for renaming provinces. Something like command = { type = nameprovince where = [province ID] value = [name you want to give] }
3) If unit stays in occupied province after a peace is made, it goes to the capital. Please make it going to the nearest owned province instead.
4) Moddable techscreen width and height (maybe defined in misc.txt), making it scrollable if it doesn't fit the default size.
6) Connections between provinces being available or not due to season.
7) border = { country = XXX country = YYY } event trigger.
8) Manual embargoes.
9) Event command for adding/removing nukes.
10) build_cost/build_time/speed/etc. commands for specific models.
11) More division and brigade types (not asking for new ones, just more empty types for modding).
12) Leader traits moddable like minister personalities.
13) Possiblity of dishonoring an alliance.
14) assist AI parameter to define if AI should join different countries' wars.
It looks like we need a very new game to satisfy all desires. DH2! DH2! DH2!
15)Land supply convoy raid

River connections

Some of the rivers in the world has great variety of width. In some provinces they have widths of several kilometers, while in others only a few hundreds meters.

What if the next patch represent this variety of width?

So when a river borders two provinces and it is a fact that in this area the river is more than a kilometer wide, perhaps a no-connection should be in place?

Sometimes, it feels a bit stupid, that a single division with an attached engineer brigade, can cross a river section being at least one kilometer wide in that province. During the war whenever an actor faced a wide river part, they always tried to coup a certain brigade. Because, getting across by building bridges was too difficult.

Advanced Sliders
Logistics
NO new nations (fix existing stuff first)
NO new scenarios (fix existing stuff first)
AI should know more about leader traits (and ONLY then -> carrier leader (naval trait), militia leader (land trait))
Infra and more buildings to make peacetime a bit more interesting (preparation for an interwar scenario)

Everything which makes economy and buildup more dynamic (for longer games, like 300 Infra points, coal mines, oil field improvements, etc)
Maybe moddable leader traits, but more important is that AI knows how t use traits at all.

• 2Like
Reactions:
A mobilization plan

First, I like the idea of mobilizing. It seems logical and realistic to have all these undermanned units, until you decide to mobilize.

Then the suggestion.

What if we had a Tier Button for mobilization?
As in 1st, 2nd and 3rd tier? Then we could control the divisions we wanted to mobilize manpower first, second and last.

Perhaps adding a modifier to the speed of the process too? As in making province infrastructure and province manpower, determine, how fast the reservist will be able to transfer from civilian to military. That is, if the unit we want to mobilise, is located in that province.

This approach will add both realism and strategy to the game. Because now manpower rich provinces with good infrastructure, is where a nation can mobilise units fastest. Thereby making provinces with a certain level of manpower and infrastructure, more important. Not sure how to calculate it?

On top of that, from the start of the game, a Mobilization event box, could provide the player with the option of ordering any of the three services (ground, naval, air) into demobilisation mode, or not. Going demobilization with all three services, should have an impact of the overall supply needed and therefore indirectly also IC usage. Same box could let the player have the AI to make the choice.

Going deeper, would be to have a second box, where the player can decide what type of units within a service that has to be mobilised first.

It will be more related to DH2, because I don't think that it could be implemented in DH yet, but I suggest that generals names be full, that is, generals should have both a surname and a first name. There are problems at present, because, for example, it is difficult to identify a given general , did he actually existed, or often the names of generals are the same and have to add the first letter of his name, and often two. It doesn't look perfect.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I would like to have a new modding opportunity - a pop-up information window for pictures of TechTeams. Like information windows for interface buttons or ministers. Some of "TechTeams" are worthy to say a couple of words about them in Game...

e7b68c804492.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Fine when people disagree, but it would be great if you could say why?

It should take a long time to build a underground factory site. Like 3 years or so for a size 1 underground factory. Ships should not be allowed to be produced here. Only heavy stuff for the army or air force.

Check this article out. From a Hungarian underground factory, producing parts for the Luftwaffe, in 1944. Big place.

https://gizmodo.com/the-caves-that-held-a-secret-hungarian-aircraft-factory-1741803956

from March 1944, Hungarian workers assembled 1900 HP V12 engines and fuselages for Messerschmitt Bf 109 fighters, the most popular fighter aircraft in history.

Not only Germany used underground factories. In London a part of the subway system was planned to become a factory.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/biggest-secret-nazi-weapons-factory-4886214

https://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2017/03/abandoned-underground-factories-ww2/

Underground factories. A limited amount of them. They will only appear on the enemy map, when he has troops moved into the adjacent land province.

If anything , let them be visible on the map, but impossible to bomb by airplanes. However, your idea is disastrous - if the construction of underground factories will be possible by inventing technology (if we are to stick to historicity, underground factories began to be popular probably sometime after 1940), this will widen the differences between strong and weak states. Another thing is that if such factories are built longer than usual, they won't be profitable, both for the player (assuming that the DH players uses offensive game and doesn't plan to build "defensive" factories), as well as for AI. However, if the time will be little more than the construction of a normal factory then the player / AI will build only such.

What if we could build up to 150 infrastuctre in urban provnices when we got the 1950 construction tech? So fare we can only build up to 100 infrastuctre in darkest hour.
dmh8yx5h8oxsonl8i.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions:
What if we could build up to 150 infrastuctre in urban provnices when we got the 1950 construction tech? So fare we can only build up to 100 infrastuctre in darkest hour.
dmh8yx5h8oxsonl8i.jpg

That is IMO a very good idea.
Infra level cap is bound to certain techs to avoid rushing it (and maybe 5 infra points per build instead of 10). This, combined with logistics system and other buildings to increase resource output would strengthen the economic/buildup part of the game enormously and enhance replayability a lot. Players would have sth to do during peace times (eg historical 1920s).

• 2Like
Reactions: