1.6.2 Hotfixed - RELEASED - checksum: e98d

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a way to force update the game or install it manually ? I don't have the right checksum and steam doesnt want to do anything about it (checked files, all good).

I don't want to uninstall the game as it will take about 8h for me to redownload it.

Dear God. Just came back from vacation to see we are back on the AE merry-go-round again. I was really enjoying the game with the AE changes in the last patch. Definitely not having an enjoyable experience with the new patch. It is confusing to me that we can be a year after release and the AE "tinkering" introduces so much swing in the game.

Is there a way to force update the game or install it manually ? I don't have the right checksum and steam doesnt want to do anything about it (checked files, all good).

I don't want to uninstall the game as it will take about 8h for me to redownload it.
What version and beta is showing? If you are in any beta, opt out of it.

And you could try just deleting all the files in documents/paradox/eu4/ except savegames.

Dear God. Just came back from vacation to see we are back on the AE merry-go-round again. I was really enjoying the game with the AE changes in the last patch. Definitely not having an enjoyable experience with the new patch. It is confusing to me that we can be a year after release and the AE "tinkering" introduces so much swing in the game.
I have to agree with this. The AE is way over the top right now.

What version and beta is showing? If you are in any beta, opt out of it.

And you could try just deleting all the files in documents/paradox/eu4/ except savegames.

My checksum is 7ebd.

I am currently in no beta (I rechecked it). I tried deleting the /documents files excepts savegames with no success.

Also this night I deleted all local content and downloaded the game. Still the same checksum.

All mods disabled.

I have really no clue on what to do.

3OZJ23i.png

You lose 1 point/month per 15 income you have. In this picture, I was progressing at 8/month IIRC (didn't quite have 45 raw income). What sucks about Kilwa is that you have to get exploration to westernize. Not true for Kongo or anybody near Mali, who can conquer Mali and start the moment Portugal or Castille finishes a colony in Trarza.

The real problem is NA natives, because they can get quite large before anybody in Europe gets near them, and even after that they have to wait due to government reform stuff.

How the blazes did you get to Mali and Hausa? My colonial range is terrible, so I couldn't get anywhere near up there. Also Kilwa has government reform too.

24 a month is 288 a year which is ~14 years.

Castille had the Cape before I got there, because I could only move one along the coast one at a time, but then I couldn't Westernize using that because it's a trade company.

6ZurKnf.jpg

How the blazes did you get to Mali and Hausa? My colonial range is terrible, so I couldn't get anywhere near up there. Also Kilwa has government reform too.

24 a month is 288 a year which is ~14 years.

As you might guess, it took me a bit longer than 14 years as I ran out of points due to rushing it. Less -2/month penalty the better. I got roughed up by nationalists a bit but still plenty of manpower and money, having made some concessions. Prestige is just a number...that I got back up at Mali's expense.

Now, how to border Trarza up there? There are multiple ways to get a core next to a non-TC core actually, but in this case I beat Mali (no-CB), released Jolof as a vassal, then annexed them. My colonial range was miserably terrible lol.

I don't know about anyone else, but several of these bug fixes seemed to have no affect. i'm still noticing countries rejecting calls to war when the war screen says they'll say yes, and the "Wants our territories" seems to be culture based and broken. A one province nation should not wanting 20+ territories from me just because they would like to have them instantly. Better balanced if it generated reasonable goals for the country. or at least based on cores / claims and distance.

I don't know about anyone else, but several of these bug fixes seemed to have no affect. i'm still noticing countries rejecting calls to war when the war screen says they'll say yes, and the "Wants our territories" seems to be culture based and broken. A one province nation should not wanting 20+ territories from me just because they would like to have them instantly. Better balanced if it generated reasonable goals for the country. or at least based on cores / claims and distance.
Yes, the Call to Arms issue is still there; personal observations suggest that the patch may have limited its frequency, but not sure.

But the "wants our territories" issue was not addressed in this patch, nor were many others. Some of them may be addressed in 1.7 in some fashion.

As Castille I am in a war with Portugal as war leader against Morocco and Granada. I have triggered the box to "war leader CANNOT demand or cede provinces".
Nevertheless, Portugal signs peaces with Granada ceding provinces to me. I do not want thatm because it costs DIP power and AE.

So is that a bug or does that triggering change on a monthly base?

I had same problem in another game with austria as war leader and giving me lots of AE for provinces i didn´t want.

Yes, the Call to Arms issue is still there; personal observations suggest that the patch may have limited its frequency, but not sure.
"Distant war" seems to be taken into account which eliminated a lot of the issues for me ever since I went to the beta. Other reasons still exist, but I haven't seen anywhere that anyone has isolated the circumstances.

"Distant war" seems to be taken into account which eliminated a lot of the issues for me ever since I went to the beta. Other reasons still exist, but I haven't seen anywhere that anyone has isolated the circumstances.
The main issue so far as I know is that your ally will not join the war they said they would if, during the response to your declaration, your target successfully calls to their defense a nation that your ally is allied with in an ongoing war, but no allied with otherwise. Thus, I as Portugal declare war on France. Before doing so, my ally Austria had a green check, so I call them. But France responds to my DoW by requesting that its fellow Anti-Portugal Coalition members come defend it; one of them is Ferrara. Ferrara agrees. It just so happens that Ferrara is already involved in a war against the Netherlands, in which war it is fighting on the side of Austria. Austria now gets to respond to my call to arms and says, "Whoa, Dude, like no can do! Seriously bad karma attacking our helpers against the Dutch. Let us know how that attack on the Big Blue Blob goes! Later, Dude!"

Because they aren't breaking our Alliance, they don't even get a stab hit for this. <sigh>

I disagree; distant war is definitely not taken into account. Timurids said they'd join my war, but I didn't call them in. When I go to check after war has been declared, it says they have a -230 penalty for distance.

As a fairly casual player of Europa, I would like to some explanation about the theory behind Paradox's patches. I really don't understand why every patch I have to relearn how to play the game. Each patch 1.x patch has drastically changed my strategies for my iron man games. i started in patch 1.4 and each patch since has been bewildering to me. Why did coalitions so easily form in 1.5. Okay start to use vassals, but wait why doesn't the 'feeding' I read about work right.Why did vassals start costing diplomatic points all of a sudden in 1.6. Imagine my suprise when I tried to annex 2 vassals and PU bohemia simultaneously in my Brandenburg->Germany run post patch. Why is westernization all of a sudden terrible.

Why would you change how the game plays so much? Why don't month old strategy guides work any more? Isn't the purpose of patching to fix bugs? These did not seem like bug fixes, they seem like crazy gameplay tweaks. Are they new features, but that doesn't make sense, the DLC was for trading and pirates, so why did the diplomacy of war changes so drastically? 1.6-.1.6.1-1.6.2 each of my Byzantium starts is different by quite a bit.

I'm sorry for the rant, I just find the constant patching so frustrating. Yes I know I can roll back to old beta's or whatever, but why should I have to sacrifice the progress I am making in iron man/achievements because of that. God I was so happy intially coming from EU2.