1.6.1 Hotfix RELEASED [checksum 4a16] - Feedback here

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, the speed with which you have addressed users' concerns is impressive. I only wish these concerns would have been expressed in a calm, diplomatic and structured way in the first place... Raging over a computer game on an Internet forum is just absurd.

I will be happy if this fixes my Ottomans game. If I accept rebel demands, Syria, Najd, Yemen, Oman, Mamluks, Iraq, Armenia, Georgia, Crimea, Persia, Wallachia, Bosnia, and Serbia will have to be formed and I lose out on a LOT of territory!

Wow, the speed with which you have addressed users' concerns is impressive. I only wish these concerns would have been expressed in a calm, diplomatic and structured way in the first place... Raging over a computer game on an Internet forum is just absurd.

Yes this. This in spades.

The forum rebels have enforced their demands.

Johan don't be too sad by the pitchforks here on the forum. Some of us do like the way you're thinkng making the game much more challenging to expand. This allows you discover other areas of the game and roleplay a bit more. Otherwise all games just end 1650 when you rule all of western or eastern europe. The route I found almost all of my vanilla EU4 games go just because.

+1

We appreciate your desires of change the deep of the game. It was needed

Bugs, fails, etc... Shit happens!. Next time you could do a little best with betatester, but it hasn´t been a catastrophe. Some people just enraged very quickly

Anyway, thanks!

Johan don't be too sad by the pitchforks here on the forum. Some of us do like the way you're thinkng making the game much more challenging to expand. This allows you discover other areas of the game and roleplay a bit more. Otherwise all games just end 1650 when you rule all of western or eastern europe. The route I found almost all of my vanilla EU4 games go just because. Now it's less cookie cutter ever time you replay the game. Just add more diplo and dynasty stuff in the next DLC and there will be a lot of room to build the narrative of your nation.
I think the main reason so many disagree with you isn't regarding cutting down on expansion isn't because they don't want more depth and harder expansion, but because they want more depth before making expansion harder.

Yes, the attitude was there previously, but the actual relationship modifier which is now present has another (unintended?) effect: previously, once you had expanded enough, you could diplo-vassalize Brittony, for instance. They were threatened and most likely wanted your provinces, just couldn't get to them. Now? You get a -200 wants provinces modifier and there's no way you can bring them into the fold in a peaceful manner, no matter how much you work to bring relations high.
In a similar fashion: small nations that won't rival you due to the size difference will still hate your guts for having attractive provinces. The impact of this, then, is when you accrue a chunk of AE, that nation will be joining the coalition as they have incredibly low opinion of you, combined with some 30ish AE, bang, coalition member. At least previously you could spend a couple of years of diplomat time to avoid specific coalition members, if you needed to.
It's not the end of the world by any means, but it's a false claim to say nothing has changed.

Hopefully this will make the forums less hostile.

Thanks for the quick patch.

Thank you !
Will try it later, but it's nice to see how you guys react to your fans.

I think the changes you made in 1.6 can be implemented but only if we have other options than going berserk to gain provinces.
Right now it was : "conquer two provinces then sit 20 years waitin for rebels and AE to cool down"
If during this 20 years we could do something to gain lands peacufully or anything else that matters during 20 years. Yeah, you could totally bump the AE and rebels.

But right now it was just a game of waiting.

Anyway, I am really satisfied with the way Paradox handled the massive amount of hate. Thank you guys.

Yes, the attitude was there previously, but the actual relationship modifier which is now present has another (unintended?) effect

With respect, I think you misunderstand. The the actual relationship modifier was always there, it just wasn't visible in the interface. :)

Responding in a passionate manner, no matter how questionable the presentation, is just a sign of caring. It could have been executed better, but I would rather they voiced their opinions over not saying anything at all.

The Nerf on AE when forcing PU is still not enogh. With the new rules I would gain 240 AE instead of 481 and it would decay with 5.4 per year instead of 2.7. This means my ruler still has to live for 44 years for all AE to disappear. It is ofc possible to go over 0 to keep the union but its still far too much. The risk of loosing the PU is far too high.

2afcp01.png

You should not have messed with the AE in the first place.

I think the main reason so many disagree with you isn't regarding cutting down on expansion isn't because they don't want more depth and harder expansion, but because they want more depth before making expansion harder.

Yes. For instance, I really like the idea that trade takes a big step up in importance with this patch and DLC. More things like that help with the expansion problem. There is no incentive at all to do anything else in the game but expand. Roleplaying out things is okay but it's a lot of screen-staring on speed-5.

Paradox, please please please add some sort of internal gameplay. This is something a lot of people are asking for. If are not expanding, we need to have incentives to do other things. We need more gameplay available. Whether is a ultra-light version of CK2's dynasty mechanics or some sort of political aspect, EUIV really needs it.

I'll admit, I miss my ability to expand like in old patches (1.0/1.4) but I'm okay with less expanding if there is something to replace it gameplay-wise. I think most people would agree with this.

The Nerf on AE when forcing PU is still not enogh. With the new rules I would gain 240 AE instead of 481 and it would decay with 5.4 per year instead of 2.7. This means my ruler still has to live for 44 years for all AE to disappear. It is ofc possible to go over 0 to keep the union but its still far too much.

You're showing the AE from Great Britain, but isn't one of the fixes to reduce AE by distance too?

Edit: "BorderDistance is now decreasing AE about 25% per step." is what I'm referring to.
Edit 2: Vice versa ofc, but my point remains :)

You're showing the AE from Great Britain, but isn't one of the fixes to reduce AE by distance too?

The war was against Poland so they would be at the center of it as I understand it. So it is still 240 AE.

The way I understand i is that it decays from the country you did the action in (My war to claim the throne on Poland) and not from me. Hence wit my 49 year old king I can still kiss that PU goodbye. They need to nerf it to like 80% reduction with PU, 50% does not cut it.

Responding in a passionate manner, no matter how questionable the presentation, is just a sign of caring. It could have been executed better, but I would rather they voiced their opinions over not saying anything at all.

I'd also add that through the passionate posting, we players were able to grasp what the problems actually WERE by discussing them and validating that we all had similar issues. The chaos and anger isn't good, but the feedback can float to the top, as seen in the other feedback thread.

go to hell with this, totaly unplayable. We cant do anything. Try to test it next time, just played Austria, got mission restoration of union and what happened? Aggresive expansion 180 (just for that), which mean gg. Great Job. Now we can play only with traders, totaly ruined the game

Status
Not open for further replies.