• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm having no luck with AGCEEP. I follow the deluxe instructions to the letter on the website and the game loads fine, but when I select a scenario I get a CTD.

I have Windows XP, if that matters.
Welcome!

This is not related to XP. See first post of this thread for useful information. Are you sure you are using EU2 1.09?

If you launch EU2 without AGCEEP, does it say EU2 1.09 in the top left corner of the screen on the main menu?

Are you sure AGCEEP folder is at the root of EU2 install folder?

Well, try EU2 without AGCEEP to see if it works and if it is really EU2 1.09 according to the top left corner information.

Yes, root means at the top level of EU2 install folder (where eu2.exe is located). Do you see AGCEEP folder there?

I installed 1.09 and ran the game and, yes, I see 1.09 at the top of the screen.

However, it turns out it's not AGCEEP, because when I run Vanilla EUII, it CTD after I choose a Scenario.

Grr...NOW what do I do?

AGCEEP Mac problems...

Hello,

I have fond memories of playing AGCEEP on a PC. Just tried dling it to my macbook for the first time...everything runs fine until I select a scenario to play, then it quits with no error message. Any ideas? I'm anxious to play it.

I'm running 1.09v and I dled Deluxe plus the DB pack.

hello guys, I just installed AGC-EEP mod, I have windows xp, I installed EU version 1.9, but when I launch AGC shortcut, I get critical error, saying: Excel file couldn't be found, Abort, Retry, Ignore. when i click retry, I get dont' send message about EU, If i click ignore, nothing happens, except EU.exe is running, but not responding. can anyone help me? Any help will be apreciated, Thanks in advance...

P.S My excel works fine, don't know what the hell is wrong with it...

Last edited:
Error has nothing to do with Excel, only problem with EU2 files in csv format that need to be loaded.

When you load EU2 without AGCEEP, do you see EU 1.09 in the top left corner on the start menu?
Is AGCEEP installed at the root of EU2 folder, where eu2.exe is located? Do you see AGCEEP folder there?

yes, I have definetely 1.9 version, and i installed agc in the root folder, and i see the folder there... everything seems to be fine... :(
My EU cd used to need restart after installation, but this time, I uninstalled it, and reinstalled, and it didn't ask for the restart, so Maybe that's the problem, don't know what to think anymore...
thanks for the tips, though...

AGC..? Very old AGC can't work with EU2 1.09, only AGCEEP (current version is 1.57 and 1.58 beta is also available)

You always need to apply EU2 1.09 patch after reinstalling EU2 from the CD. Are you sure you don't have two different installs of EU2 and not at the same place?

no, I uninstalled, reinstalled, and applied the patch, then I installed AGC v. 1.57, this mod couldn't find Eu in registry, so I had to tell it the EU directory manually, but I had been playing eu for an year, and i thought old files and savegames would hurt the mod, so I did a fresh install, but still the same error...
P.S sorry for my blunt English...

If it worked before on the same computer, there is no reason to not work anymore. Something must be wrong with the new install (btw, AGCEEP doesn't require EU2 install each time).

Let's make a summary:
You have EU2 patched to 1.09 for sure in a folder and AGCEEP folder can be seen at the root of this EU2 folder. Eu2 works fine with standard scenarios. Error only happens when using AGCEEP.

What happens if you directly double click on EU2.exe?
When using AGCEEP shortcut, what do you see on the screen? Blue/Gold AGCEEP loading screen?
Do properties of AGCEEP shortcut match EU2 install folder for all the paths?

Which operating system do you use? XP, Vista, Seven?

I use Xp, and when I click on EU.exe, everything works fine, scenarios, even the old savegames, but when i click on AGC, nothing happens, no screen effect, only the crash sound and the error menu, that's all...