• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(40707)

Just call me Yoda in private!
Mar 1, 2005
This thread is intended for:
  • installations issues,
  • CTD,
  • error message boxes,

It is not for bugs report, but some bugs may cause a CTD.

EU2 1.08 is no longer supported.

Important: Mac users must install Db Monarchs/Leaders RAR archive available in AGCEEP website in order to avoid CTD and other weird "behaviour" with countries forming in mid-game and tag changes.
EDIT: According to last EU2 Mac release, Db Monarchs/Leaders RAR archive shouldn't be necessary anymore, but still provived just in case.

Another EU2 1.09 Mac version bug:
If you experience weird error when loading a saved game, open the savefile with a text editor and replace all "-nan" with "0.000" (without double-quotes).

For those who "lost" AGCEEP shortcut on desktop:
You could have a copy of the shortcut in Start menu inside AGCEEP folder.

If you have to create a new shortcut, make a copy of EU2 original shortcut, right click on the icon and select Properties, change values:
Target: "<path of EU2 folder>\EU2.exe" <path of EU2 folder>\AGCEEP
Start in (not sure of English version): "<path of EU2 folder>"

Icon (to be modified by corresponding button): <path of EU2 folder>\AGCEEP\Gfx\agceep.ico

In lines above, replace <path of EU2 folder> with the location of EU2 folder according to your install of the game. Something like: C:\Program files\Europa Universalis 2

For those who forgot to select "Kingdom of Italy" or "Kingdom of Germany" option before starting a game (and don't understand why corresponding kingdom doesn't form when all conditions are fulfilled...):

For Italy, open your savefile with a text editor and add:
event = "AGCEEP\Events\AGCEEP_Alt_Italy.eue"
on the same line where all other 'event =' directives are located.

Don't forget to make a backup of your savefile first, just in case.

For Germany, same procedure with AGCEEP_Alt_Germany.eue

When game freezes... (PC version - not sure for Mac version)
Use Alt Tab to see if there is a message box and information about conflict with leaders or monarchs. Click Ignore button. Game should continue after that without any problem.

For Linux users
See here if it can help.

YodaMaster

Last edited:
Game won't load

I've just installed AGC-EEP and it loads correctly till I get to reading scenario,
then I get a critical error message, "couldn't open file agc-eep/*/*/*/
Reformation_Events.inc. Abort retry or ignore yields CTD
Can you help?

are you on vista?

No, you are not screwed but an advice: install EU2 outside default Vista "Program files" folder and install AGCEEP at the root of EU2 folder (this one is mandatory).

The installer could not locate the proper place to install AGCEEP, nor is there a EUII/mod folder like for EUIII, so what is the proper installation location? EUII/AGCEEP ?

Yes, AGCEEP must be installed at the root of the EU2 install folder. This is the same for all EU2 mods.
Not sure it is easy to say where EU2 is really installed, knowing EU2 doesn't require any registry key for this.

I'm not entirely sure, but the newest deluxe version available on www.agceep.net does not contain the modified map. Which, for me, is a problem, because I only have a crappy Polish version of the map. And it looks horrible. I need it because I'm on my laptop currently and forgot to copy the correct map folder from my PC. Could you tell me where I can get the English version of the vanilla map? Preferably, the AGCEEP-modified map.

A virus infected the computer I was using so I had to switch to an older model that uses Windows 98. Do you have any links for a .rar archive opener that is compatible with that or do older versions of the links you've already given me work with it?

Using my MacBook laptop (10.5.6) and the latest (I'm pretty sure) updates of both EU II and the AGCEEP, I can't get the game to begin a fantasy Byzantium scenario. After selecting the scenario and country (Serbia) and clicking 'start game,' I see a progress bar on the normal loading screen- when the bar shows ~90% complete, it stalls, then quits to a black window. An error message appears during the "Reading Scenario" stage:

Critical error!
Couldn't open file:AGCEEP\scenarios\Fantasy\Fantasy_Byzantium\db \monarchs\monarchs.byz

It doesn't seem to matter what country I select, or to be a question of brackets not being closed (I tried giving the first monarch a 500-year life and deleting the rest, but no dice).

What's wrong, do you think?

Same questions:

Does the AGCEEP\scenarios\Fantasy\Fantasy_Byzantium\db\monarchs\monarchs.byz file exist? (without a space somewhere)
Are you really sure you use the last patch provided by the Mac developers of the game?

Maybe other Mac users could help.

And I suppose AGCEEP folder is present at the root of the EU2 folder. only strange thing is there is no problem for Byzantine leaders...

There is a temporary solution:
Open AGCEEP\Scenarios\Fantasy\Fantasy_Byzantium\BYZ_Byzantine_Empire.inc with a text editor and remove following lines:
leadertable = "AGCEEP\scenarios\Fantasy\Fantasy_Byzantium\db\leaders\leaders.byz"
monarchtable = "AGCEEP\scenarios\Fantasy\Fantasy_Byzantium\db\monarchs\monarchs.byz"

Back up AGCEEP\Db\Leaders\leaders.byz and AGCEEP\Db\Monarchs\monarchs.byz
Replace these two files with the ones that are present in AGCEEP\Scenarios\Fantasy\Fantasy_Byzantium\Db

Of course, if you want to use regular AGCEEP scenarios, you will have to revert leaders.byz and monarchs.byz in AGCEEP\Db folder.

But it seems to be a bug in the Mac version and this should be reported on Virtual Programming tech support forum.