• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bordic said:
I don't know if we can call it a bug but,

couldn't we better fix the position of the port of Constantinople by putting it in the sea of Marmara? That is because the graphics of the fleets fighting each other in the Black Sea will cover the graphics for the port...
I will take a look.

EDIT: I took a look and something was possible to improve positions. Wait for 1.41 :)

Last edited:
Reported by Bordic in a PM, typo for monarchs.gen:
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 052003 }
	startdate = {
		day = 3
		month = april
		year = 1436
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 18
		month = december
		year = 1442
	}
	name = "Tommaso d[COLOR=gold]i[/COLOR] Campofregoso"
	DIP = 5
	MIL = 7
	ADM = 6
}

GeneralSnoopy said:
Portuguese event 203001 is in the Kongo event file. It should be in the Portugal event file.
Thanks. Will be fixed in next version with no more "foreign" ranges in AGCEEP_Specific_Portugal.eue, I hope.

YodaMaster said:
There is a problem with 1648 scenario: Events ENG_3026 and ENG_3771 fire the same day in 1649. One of them should be slept by ENG_3025 (before the start of the scenario).
Putting 3771 (ahistorical) in sleepevent section of 1648.inc doesn't work and I don't know how to declare Prince Ruppert (two leaders, General and Admiral) slept for this scenario. Both leaders are not dormant in leaders.eng. :confused:

I posted related questions here.

For the events, a solution can be having 3026 firing the day before 3771 and add a condition in 3771 for 3026 to not have fired before but maybe there is a more elegant way...
I found the solution for the events thanks to Khephren here but leaders are still a real problem.

I see only a solution in making Prince Rupert leaders dormant and wake them in corresponding action of 3025 or, if 3025 doesn't fire, with a hidden MUS event. Any advice?

In TOS_17362, here is the current text:

EVENTHIST17362;The Albizzi were a family with a long history in Florence and in 1433 they represented the oligarchic faction in the republic. Cosimo de' Medici was becoming increasingly influencial in the republic's politics - he was supported by the ‘minuto populo', the ordinary workers who had no say in the govenrment, and by the lesser guilds. Rumours circulated that Cosimo was plotting to use mercenary troops to set himself up as ruler of Florence. When Rindolfo Albizzi maanged to gain control of the ‘signoria', the governing council, he used his influence to have Cosimo imprisoned. Rather than executing the Medici, under pressure from the Medici's debtors and supporters he had the family exiled for ten years, and declared them nobles thereby excluding them from any role in the government of the city forever. Reluctant to act by force and willing to bide his time, Cosimo complied. Should we exile the Medici or overthrow Albizzi's government.;;;;;;;;;;

Here is my suggested (corrected typos) text:

EVENTHIST17362;The Albizzi were a family with a long history in Florence and in 1433 they represented the oligarchic faction in the republic. Cosimo de' Medici was becoming increasingly influencial in the republic's politics - he was supported by the 'popolo minuto', the ordinary workers who had no say in the government, and by the lesser guilds. Rumours circulated that Cosimo was plotting to use mercenary troops to set himself up as ruler of Florence. When Rodolfo degli Albizzi mananged to gain control of the 'signoria' (the governing council) he used his influence to have Cosimo imprisoned. Rather than executing the Medici, under pressure from the Medici's debtors and supporters he had the family exiled for ten years and declared them nobles, thereby excluding them from any role in the government of the city forever. Reluctant to act by force and willing to bide his time, Cosimo complied. Should we exile the Medici or overthrow Albizzi's government?;;;;;;;;;;

YodaMaster said:
I found the solution for the events thanks to Khephren here but leaders are still a real problem.

I see only a solution in making Prince Rupert leaders dormant and wake them in corresponding action of 3025 or, if 3025 doesn't fire, with a hidden MUS event. Any advice?
As you said, using an another leader file is bad for maintenance, but I think it is the easier way to solve the problem.

I agree it should be fixed. Just one thought:
1.08 info AGCEEP said:
Emperor. You can now use -6 to indicate current emperor instead of -1 for random country in an event command. (AFAIK this haven't been used much, so I'm unaware of potential problems.)
As I wrote here, it hasn't been tested much, but if it works like this all the events you made cold be made into one for each reciever. For example, SHL changed to -6. But it's got to be tested!!

event = {
id = 258707 #Triggered by Imperial Diet at Worms
random = no
country = POL
name = "EVENTNAME170700"
desc = "EVENTHIST170700"
#-#...

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME170700A" #The emperor's party threatens our country
command = { type = casusbelli which = SHL value = 240 } #20 years
command = { type = relation which = SHL value = -200 }
command = { type = stability value = 1 }
command = { type = treasury value = 150 } #rallying support
command = { type = CAV which = 5000 value = -2 } #foreign nobles
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME170700B" #Seek their friendship
command = { type = diplomats value = -1 }
command = { type = stability value = -1 }
}
}

Aegnor said:
As you said, using an another leader file is bad for maintenance, but I think it is the easier way to solve the problem.
Second option with no duplicated file and just modification of existing events and an additional MUS event seems to be the best option to me (and the easiest on long term).

Norrefeldt said:
I agree it should be fixed. Just one thought:
As I wrote here, it hasn't been tested much, but if it works like this all the events you made cold be made into one for each reciever. For example, SHL changed to -6. But it's got to be tested!!
If it works, it would reduced the number of event and be a better solution. I will test this evening.

Code:
'Federico I' (Id = 06748) in monarchs.nap
'Ferdinando III*' (Id = 06749) in monarchs.nap
We can turne them green as they are now non dormant by default id# 096006 and 096007.

And a little typo here:
Code:
historicalleader = {
	category = monarch
	id = { type = 6 id = 0119304 }
	name = "Carlo Emanuel[COLOR=Yellow]e[/COLOR] III"
	startdate = {
		year = 1735
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1775
	}
	rank = 0
	movement = 5
	fire = 5
	shock = 3
	siege = 0
	dormant = no
	remark = "Guastalla 1734"
}
Shouldn't we write the names of monarchs with the number "I" in Burgundy until 1517 , in Savoy until 1720 and in other French speaking countries using the French "Ier"?

For example Savoy:
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 0119001 }
	name = "Louis I[COLOR=Yellow]er[/COLOR]"
	startdate = {
		day = 1
		month = november
		year = 1434
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 29
		month = march
		year = 1465
	}
	DIP = 8
	ADM = 6
	MIL = 5
	dormant = no
}

Norrefeldt said:
Tested.
Works fine ! :)
I will redo my events this evening.

Bordic said:
Shouldn't we write the names of monarchs with the number "I" in Burgundy until 1517 , in Savoy until 1720 and in other French speaking countries using the French "Ier"?

For example Savoy:
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 0119001 }
	name = "Louis I[COLOR=Yellow]er[/COLOR]"
	startdate = {
		day = 1
		month = november
		year = 1434
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 29
		month = march
		year = 1465
	}
	DIP = 8
	ADM = 6
	MIL = 5
	dormant = no
}
Is Louis Ier the only case? Help me...

Bordic said:
In TOS_17362, here is the current text:

EVENTHIST17362;The Albizzi were a family with a long history in Florence and in 1433 they represented the oligarchic faction in the republic. Cosimo de' Medici was becoming increasingly influencial in the republic's politics - he was supported by the ‘minuto populo', the ordinary workers who had no say in the govenrment, and by the lesser guilds. Rumours circulated that Cosimo was plotting to use mercenary troops to set himself up as ruler of Florence. When Rindolfo Albizzi maanged to gain control of the ‘signoria', the governing council, he used his influence to have Cosimo imprisoned. Rather than executing the Medici, under pressure from the Medici's debtors and supporters he had the family exiled for ten years, and declared them nobles thereby excluding them from any role in the government of the city forever. Reluctant to act by force and willing to bide his time, Cosimo complied. Should we exile the Medici or overthrow Albizzi's government.;;;;;;;;;;

Here is my suggested (corrected typos) text:

EVENTHIST17362;The Albizzi were a family with a long history in Florence and in 1433 they represented the oligarchic faction in the republic. Cosimo de' Medici was becoming increasingly influencial in the republic's politics - he was supported by the 'popolo minuto', the ordinary workers who had no say in the government, and by the lesser guilds. Rumours circulated that Cosimo was plotting to use mercenary troops to set himself up as ruler of Florence. When Rodolfo degli Albizzi mananged to gain control of the 'signoria' (the governing council) he used his influence to have Cosimo imprisoned. Rather than executing the Medici, under pressure from the Medici's debtors and supporters he had the family exiled for ten years and declared them nobles, thereby excluding them from any role in the government of the city forever. Reluctant to act by force and willing to bide his time, Cosimo complied. Should we exile the Medici or overthrow Albizzi's government?;;;;;;;;;;

And like this:

EVENTHIST17362;The Albizzi were a family with a long history in Florence and in 1433 they represented the oligarchic faction in the republic. Cosimo de' Medici was becoming increasingly influential in the republic's politics - he was supported by the 'popolo minuto', the ordinary workers who had no say in the government, and by the lesser guilds. Rumours circulated that Cosimo was plotting to use mercenary troops to set himself up as ruler of Florence. When Rodolfo degli Albizzi managed to gain control of the 'signoria' (the governing council) he used his influence to have Cosimo imprisoned. Rather than executing the Medici, under pressure from the Medici's debtors and supporters he had the family exiled for ten years and declared them nobles, thereby excluding them from any role in the government of the city forever. Reluctant to act by force and willing to bide his time, Cosimo complied. Should we exile the Medici or overthrow Albizzi's government?;;;;;;;;;;

Better? ;)

Fixed

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
This will be the bugfix for 1.41:

In leaders.eng:
Code:
historicalleader = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 046337 }
	category = general
	name = "Prince Rupert"
	startdate = {
		day = 1 #New
		month = february #New
		year = 1642
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 1
		month = january
		year = 1649 #Formerly 1682
	}
	rank = 2
	movement = 4
	fire = 3
	shock = 4
	siege = 0
	[COLOR=gold]dormant = yes #shouldn't - only for 1648 scenario purpose - awakened by MUS_164026 in AGCEEP_Specific_England.eue[/COLOR]
	remark = "May be admiral"
}

historicalleader = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 046341 }
	category = admiral
	name = "Prince Rupert"
	startdate = {
		day = 1
		month = january
		year = 1649 #Formerly 1649
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1682
	}
	rank = 2
	movement = 3
	fire = 4
	shock = 4
	siege = 0
	[COLOR=gold]dormant = yes #shouldn't - only for 1648 scenario purpose - awakened by MUS_164026 in AGCEEP_Specific_England.eue[/COLOR]
	remark = "Also a general see above"
}
Modification to ENG_3025:
Code:
#The English Civil War   #
# Edited by Johnny Canuck#
event = {
	id = 3025
	trigger = {
		domestic = { type = centralization value = 4 } #formerly 3#
		domestic = { type = aristocracy value = 3 } #new#
	}
	random = no
	country = ENG
	name = "EVENTNAME3025" #The English Civil War
	desc = "EVENTHIST3025"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1642 }
	offset = 10
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1642 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3025A" #Puritans
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 3771 } #ENG: King Charles and the New Monarchy
		command = { type = revolt which = 233 } #Meath
		command = { type = revolt which = 234 } #Leinster
		command = { type = revolt which = 250 } #Cornwall
		command = { type = revolt which = 246 } #Bristol
		command = { type = revolt which = 243 } #Wales
		command = { type = revolt which = 240 } #Northumberland
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 233 value = 5 } #Meath
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 234 value = 5 } #Leinster
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 250 value = 5 } #Cornwall
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 246 value = 5 } #Bristol
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 243 value = 5 } #Wales
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 240 value = 5 } #Northumberland
		command = { type = INF which = -2 value = 20000 }
		command = { type = CAV which = -2 value = 5000 }
		command = { type = ART which = -2 value = 5 }
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 046337 } #Prince Rupert (G) #Prince Rupert (ENG)
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 046341 } #Prince Rupert (A) #Prince Rupert (ENG)
		command = { type = relation which = HOL value = 100 }
		command = { type = relation which = SWE value = 100 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3025B" #Royalists
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 3026 } #ENG: Cromwell and the Republic
		command = { type = revolt which = 248 } #Kent
		command = { type = revolt which = 249 } #Wessex
		command = { type = revolt which = 245 } #Lincoln
		command = { type = revolt which = 244 } #Midlands
		command = { type = revolt which = 232 } #Ulster
		command = { type = revolt which = 242 } #Lancashire
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 248 value = 5 } #Kent
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 249 value = 5 } #Wessex
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 245 value = 5 } #Lincoln
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 244 value = 5 } #Midlands
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 232 value = 5 } #Ulster
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 242 value = 5 } #Lancashire
		command = { type = INF which = -2 value = 15000 }
		command = { type = CAV which = -2 value = 15000 }
		command = { type = ART which = -2 value = 10 }
		[COLOR=gold]command = { type = wakeleader which = 046337 } #Prince Rupert (G) #Prince Rupert (ENG)
		command = { type = wakeleader which = 046341 } #Prince Rupert (A) #Prince Rupert (ENG)[/COLOR]
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 046338 } #Monck (G) #George Monck (ENG)
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 046340 } #Cromwell (ENG)
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 046343 } #Monck (A) #Monck (ENG)
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = 150 }
		command = { type = relation which = SPA value = 150 }
	}
}
New hidden event:
Code:
#Event to handle "Prince Rupert" leader for games started before 1648 scenario
#by YodaMaster
event = {
	id = 164026
	trigger = {
		NOT = { event = 3025 } #ENG: The English Civil War
	}
	random = no
	country = MUS #yes not ENG 
	name = "AI_EVENT"
	desc = "only because of 1648 scenario"

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1643 }

action_a = { 046337
		name = "Awake Prince Rupert"
		command = { type = wakeleader which = 046337 } #Prince Rupert (G) #Prince Rupert (ENG)
		command = { type = wakeleader which = 046341 } #Prince Rupert (A) #Prince Rupert (ENG)
	}
}

And this solution fixes a "bug" where Prince Rupert was normally activated in February 1642 but 3025 fired later in same year (and wasn't able to sleep already active leader...).
If no Civil War, Prince Rupert will be activated in January 1643 instead of February 1642. The best I can do.

BUG in PARMA CoA:

26 august 1545 is when the republican flag of the city Parma is changed into the Farnese flag by event.

But it happens that papal event 'Duchy of Parma' fires before 26 august 1545!

EDIT:
that means, the Farnese flag is changed into the previous republican one (given by event before 26 august 1545) and the latter remains there until the end of the game or until Spain owns Emilia and releases it after 1730! :eek:

Here are my new suggestions:

Code:
#(1545) Parma, ducal city (PAP event)
#by Bordic - tweaked by Aylo1
event = {
	id = 251031
	trigger = {
		NOT = { exists = PAR }
		owned = { province = 402 data = -1 } #Emilia
		exists = SPA
		atwar = no
	}
	random = no
	country = PAP
	name = "EVENTNAME251031" #Duchy of Parma
	desc = "EVENTHIST251031"
	#-#

date = { day = 26 month = august year = [COLOR=Yellow]1545[/COLOR] } #prev. 1544
	offset = [COLOR=Yellow]90[/COLOR] #prev. 400
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1730 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME251031A" #Make our son a Duke!
		command = { type = independence which = PAR }
		command = { type = removecore which = 402 } #Emilia
		command = { type = domestic which = serfdom value = 1 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME251031B" #Retain Parma for the Church
		command = { type = relation which = SPA value = 20 }
		command = { type = relation which = HAB value = 20 }
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
	}
}

#----------------------#

Siena seems not to have monarchs after 1553, as to avoid random monarchs I suggest following to be included in monarchs.pis:

Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 0107510 }
	startdate = {
		day = 2
		month = january
		year = 1553
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1820
	}
	name = "Repubblica" 
	DIP = 4
	MIL = 5
	ADM = 4
	dormant = no
	remark = "In 1557 annexed by Florence to form the Grand Duchy of Tuscany"
}

Now I am looking for "Ier" French speaking monarchs... ;)

Yodamaster said:
Is Louis Ier the only case? Help me...
Here is what I have found in monarchs folder:

Savoy monarchs:
0119001, 0119003, 0119004, 0119010, 0119011

Burgundy monarchs:
027000, 027003, 027012, 027020

Provence monarchs:
0111504, 0111505, 0111507, 0111514.

Lorraine seems ok except for:
078520 (HREmperor !?)

Guyenne monarchs (AQU):

But I don't know about (were they considered French speaking countries? :confused: ):

Brittany monarchs:
025001, 025010, 025012.

Foix/Béarn monarchs:
020500, 020509.

RE-EDITED post!

Last edited: