• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but my ships attrition rate is doubled (i.e. a ship out of port for one month will be two months attrition)
Could someone pls look into that???

What about adding a atwar = no here:

Code:
#The Reconstruction of Castello Sforzesco by Bordic
event = {
	id = 228016
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			event = 228004 #The Sforza for MLO
			event = 228006 #Milan accepts Sforza for MLO
		}
		[COLOR=Yellow]atwar = no[/COLOR]
	}
	random = no
	country = MLO
	name = "EVENTNAME228016" #Castello Sforzesco
	desc = "EVENTHIST228016"
	#-#The XIV-century Visconti's castle of Porta Giovia in Milan was demolished during the Golden Ambrosian Republic (1447-1450), and Francesco Sforza, the condottiero that raised to Duke of Milan immediately afterwards, ordered its reconstruction. The new castle was a luxurious palace as much as an impressive fortress with four strong towers and two massive keeps. Galeazzo Maria Sforza transferred Milan’s court inside the castle in 1466. Ludovico Sforza -the Moor- continued the fortification of Milan’s castle, while embellishing it with the works of his Renaissance court artists, including Leonardo da Vinci, until the first fall of the Sforza dynasty when the the French occupied Milan in 1499. The castle played an essential role in the wars of Milan afterwards, as its possession was necessary for the control of the Duchy.

date = { day = 6 month = june year = 1450 }
	offset = 20
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = march year = 1466 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME228016A" #We need a better fortress for our court
		command = { type = treasury value = -150 }
		command = { type = fortress which = 389 value = 1 } #Lombardia
		command = { type = land value = 500 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME228016B" #No need to build castles yet...
		command = { type = vp value = -5 }
		command = { type = domestic which = offensive value = 1 }
	}
}

I have forgotten to include it in the first submission. Now it seems more reasonable.

aylo1 said:
Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but my ships attrition rate is doubled (i.e. a ship out of port for one month will be two months attrition)
Could someone pls look into that???
That's hardcoded and not something we are guily of, not can fix unfortunatey.

Something really horrible:

March 9, 1440 : Poland had The Hungarian throne

Unfortunately Poland was not a leader of an alliance and was at war with Hungary. Offering throne to somebody you fight a war against is absurdous, but its not the worst yet.

Leader of alliance (Mazovia) and rest of members except of Poland found himself allied with enemy. Sieges were going, armies were doing their usual maneuvers, but armies started to bypass each other without battles.

This event is totally screwed up, please fix it!!!!!!!

--------------------

EDIT:

Poland had individual peace in 1439.

Last edited:
I have the AGCEEP Deluxe RAR archive including hotfix - 04-23-2006 - and I am running EUII v1.09 on my Mac. For some reason, when I am playing as Castile, the game crashes on July 8th (or so) in 1424. Please help if possible.

superhero said:

Unfortunately Poland was not a leader of an alliance and was at war with Hungary. Offering throne to somebody you fight a war against is absurdous, but its not the worst yet.

Leader of alliance (Mazovia) and rest of members except of Poland found himself allied with enemy. Sieges were going, armies were doing their usual maneuvers, but armies started to bypass each other without battles.

--------------------

EDIT:

a lot of events are similar to yours, they are all screwed, they should have a trigger stating
not =
war = { country = POL country = HUN }

or

atwar = no

Toio said:
a lot of events are similar to yours, they are all screwed, they should have a trigger stating
not =
war = { country = POL country = HUN }

or

atwar = no

Toio, you didn't read my edit. Poland was not at war with Hungary (due to individual peace), but her allies were. Thus they found themselves in alliance and in war against Hungary.

Norrefeldt said:
That's weird. Are there any provinces you can see that are rebell controlled prior to that?
Could you send your game to me as well? Adress marnor()foi.se. Replace the () with well-known sign.

Yeah, Hannover is rebel-controlled in May 1424, and its owner is Sweden. For some reason its population is below 5000 - don't think it should be that way...

I assume your email is marnor@foi.se, right?

Last edited:
Just to point out about consistency, it seems to me that this Neapolitan leader:
Code:
historicalleader = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 16128 }
	category = general
	name = "Alfonso II"
	startdate = {
		year = 1468
	}
	deathdate = {day = 19
		month = november
		year = 1495
	}
	rank = 0
	movement = 3
	fire = 3
	shock = 3
	siege = 0
}
should be renamed since he became "Alfonso II" King of Naples only at his father's death in 1494. That is also the conclusion to which Isaac Brock came in this post from the thread "Adapting Italia Universalis Leaders" but never modified... :confused:

I suggest to call him just Alfonso or Alfonso of Naples
Code:
historicalleader = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 16128 }
	category = general
	name = "Alfonso [COLOR=Red]II[/COLOR]"
	startdate = {
		year = 1468
	}
	[COLOR=Yellow]deathdate = {day = 23 
		month = january 
		year = 1495[/COLOR]
	}
	rank = 0
	movement = 3
	fire = 3
	shock = 3
	siege = 0
}
and change his deathdate according to NAP monarch

Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 06734 }
	startdate = {
		day = 25
		month = january
		year = 1494
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 23 # from 19
		month = january # from november
		year = 1495
	}
	name = "Alfonso II"
	DIP = 4
	MIL = 6
	ADM = 3
	remark = "father-in-law of Gian Galeazzo II Sforza"
}

Last edited:
Can turn green in post #2:

Bugs to Fix List:
-Granada Muhammad XII monarch will not die. (obsolete)

Problems with CoA/flags:
smallshield_parRepublic.bmp and shield_pam.bmp in Base

Don't know what to do (bugs 1.39):
#287 ENG_1000006 "Negotiations at Troyes" in AGCEEP_HYW_England.eue cedes Sicily (396) to France in action b and c... bug or wad?
#287 PFA_29001 in AGCEEP_Specific_Palatinate.eue has same text for action a and b "Form the Ground Laws". Shouldn't action b be "Don't form the Ground Laws"?

Last two were obsolete in 1.40, iirc.

I'm not sure is it a bug, but on my pc AGCEEP1400 installer crashed 10 times before proper installation, always at lightmap files. I'm sure there were enough disk space at to unpack and install it.

superhero said:
I'm not sure is it a bug, but on my pc AGCEEP1400 installer crashed 10 times before proper installation, always at lightmap files. I'm sure there were enough disk space at to unpack and install it.
Maybe your downloaded installer is corrupted. Did you try to download it again?
Please use Tech support thread for such problem.

questions questions

Can the following be done

Place rebels in a province by event?

place pirate ships in a sea zone by event?

What does the new triggers do for Elector and Emperor, ?

What benefits does Elector get?

Place rebels in a province by event? -No.

place pirate ships in a sea zone by event? -No.

What does the new triggers do for Elector and Emperor, ? -Trigger for states that are Emperors/Electors.

What benefits does Elector get? -None.

Bugging questions aren't bugs really, and this is the bug thread ;)

Norrefeldt said:
Place rebels in a province by event? -No.

place pirate ships in a sea zone by event? -No.

What does the new triggers do for Elector and Emperor, ? -Trigger for states that are Emperors/Electors.

What benefits does Elector get? -None.

Bugging questions aren't bugs really, and this is the bug thread ;)

as usual, you are correct,

maybe a Sticky Questions Thread should be introduced by the HC ?

Well, you can obviously place rebels in a province by event....a province triggered event that has as many "revolt which = " in it as you wish.

superhero said:

--------------------

EDIT:

You might find it absurd, but so was the dealings of elective monarchies when different noble factions tried to get their candidate in. A war with some allies of Poland (or former allies, I don't get exactly what you mean) wouldn't stop Hunyadi from trying to get a strong monarch for the struggle against the Ottoman.
What happened in your game isn't more weird then the real intrigues of the 15th century Europe, so I don't think we should get extra/changed events for it.

As a worst case Poland and Hungary are in a war, while the weak king of Poland (elected) get to be the weak disputed king of Hungary too. The king of Hungary in the civil war times of the 1440s weren't in such control that he could stop fighting with another country he was elected in, as the war might have strong support among nobles, and they provided the forces anyhow.

I don't know if it is a wad or a bug or because 1648 scenario is not finished to be fine tuned, but there is no independent Mantua in it, and its territory (province #370) is under the Republic of Venice ( :confused: )...

Mantua was independent until 1708 and then it was "diplo-annexed" by force by Austria after the War of Spanish succession.

Since in 1700 Austria takes a core on it a war between Austria and Venice is then very likely (Venice has a core on 370, iirc) and eternal...