• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Norrefeldt said:
Thanks! Updated the list, also with all from Yodamaster, it's getting a few green lines at last. I have not yet included what I commented on from Aegnor, I'll wait for him to reply.

As "" cannot be used in text strings (they are used for starting and ending) I suggest:

325013 in AGCEEP_Specific_UzbekHorde.eue:
Shaibani Khan, having been granted the Khanship in 1488, had been at constant rivalry with the Kazakh Khan. A temporary peace between them allowed Shaibani Khan to turn his attentions to the south. By the early 16th century he lead an invasion force of nomadic Uzbek tribes and swept down from the northern steppe, invading the region known as Transoxiana, meaning 'that which lies beyond the Oxus river'.

I'm not sure that we even need to define what Transoxiana means.

Norrefeldt said:
Thanks! Updated the list, also with all from Yodamaster, it's getting a few green lines at last. I have not yet included what I commented on from Aegnor, I'll wait for him to reply.
Sorry, I haven't seen your answers. Where should I reply ?

don;t know where else to ask

i've upgraded from 1.39 to 1.40 and the event ënable protestantism"doesn't appear anymore. when conversion events trigger, the religion of the province doesnt change either.

i kept the same eu1.09 installed. just removed 1.39 and added 1.40. anybody knows how to deal with it? i tried looking in all the readmes in the folder. thanks

Ladislav said:
i've upgraded from 1.39 to 1.40 and the event ënable protestantism"doesn't appear anymore. when conversion events trigger, the religion of the province doesnt change either.

i kept the same eu1.09 installed. just removed 1.39 and added 1.40. anybody knows how to deal with it? i tried looking in all the readmes in the folder. thanks
Apply hotfix for your AGCEEP version (see Downloads Page on the website).

EDIT: don't forget to replace flags = { 0 } with flags = { 0 1 } in your savefile.

Last edited:
NOG;Ferghana;;;;;;;;;;
NOG_DESC;The Nogai Horde, like the Khanates of Kazan, Astrakhan and Crimea, were a splinter group of the Golden Horde, from which they broke off in the fourteenth century. Until the sixteenth century their nomadic pastures were located east of the Volga, when they came under territorial pressure from Kalmyks and Russians and began to move westwards. They came under the rule of the Crimean Tatars and in the eighteenth century were finally pressured into the Caucasus region by the Kuban Cossacks.;;;;;;;;;;
The description is obsolete and should be removed.

Ladislav said:
am afraid that didnt work. anyhing i can do besides reinstalling everything anew? (and hope for the best)
I don't understand why it doesn't work. Try to reinstall 1.40 + hotfix and start a new game. If you have same problem, go to AGCEEP Tech support.

120019 in AGCEEP_Specific_Ayutthaya.eue:
Convinced he was the future Buddha, King Taksin attempted to force the Buddhist monkhood and his subjects to accept his religious pretensions. This led to a rebellion and Taksin was deposed on the grounds of insanity. Following his deposition in 1782, Chao Phya Chakri, born as Thong Duang, was chosen as the new king. He came to the throne on the 6th of April 1782, becoming the founder and first ruler of the present Chakri Dynasty.

Comment 1: This means that the current date of the event (1 january 1782) should be moved to 6 April 1782.
Comment 2: King Taksin was executed a day later (April 7). IMO this is interesting info but not really needed in the event description. Just thought I'd mention it in case you want to add it to the description.

157000 in AGCEEP_Specific_DaiViet.eue:
A general redistribution of land among the entire population hadn’t solved the problem of landless because of population increases and the limited amount of available land in the north. Faced with the lack of land, the Le dynasty looked towards the south where their long time enemies, the Kingdom of Champa, owned fertile deltas. In 1470, after more than 1000 years of conflicts, the Dai Viet began preparations for a final war against the Champa Kingdom. An army of some 100,000 men advanced slowly and methodically south towards the Champa capital and in 1471 the Kingdom of Champa was conquered and annexed.

Last edited:
can someone confirm if the colonization of the americas and africa by SPA and POR is working(bugged), as its now 1545 and POR has no colonies anywhere and spain has only a hand of 1 level TP's in the americas,

Never seen this thing , ever.

checked all my 3 games and its the same (never noticed as I am testing things for the 30 yr war)

missing all text for the Venetian events , between 1520 and 1540. I only get an event name.

Toio said:
can someone confirm if the colonization of the americas and africa by SPA and POR is working(bugged), as its now 1545 and POR has no colonies anywhere and spain has only a hand of 1 level TP's in the americas,

Never seen this thing , ever.

checked all my 3 games and its the same (never noticed as I am testing things for the 30 yr war)
I have only tried it with Fodoron's AI files. I have managed to improve POR performence, even compared to BPAI. Seazones have been introduced in discoveries again, areas that they should bypass in colonisation removed (as they will discover them enough anyway by just passing by), Cap Verde is colonised and discoverd from scratch, they no longer waste effort on killing natives in unintersting areas, Fernando Po is more focused on by the change in area, and area changes have spared Kongo from frequent DA's.
The idea to design areas according to colonisation have proven very successful. :D SPA does OK, but can surely still be improved upon.

Any discussion on the new AI files is better put in that thread, I just wanted to point it out. I plan to get them into 1.41. :)

Norrefeldt, you've put three descriptions on resolved, but they aren't yet:
- 157001 in AGCEEP_Specific_DaiViet.eue
- 157004 in AGCEEP_Specific_DaiViet.eue
- 325007 in AGCEEP_Specific_UzbekHorde.eue

Norrefeldt said:
I have only tried it with Fodoron's AI files. I have managed to improve POR performence, even compared to BPAI. Seazones have been introduced in discoveries again, areas that they should bypass in colonisation removed (as they will discover them enough anyway by just passing by), Cap Verde is colonised and discoverd from scratch, they no longer waste effort on killing natives in unintersting areas, Fernando Po is more focused on by the change in area, and area changes have spared Kongo from frequent DA's.
The idea to design areas according to colonisation have proven very successful. :D SPA does OK, but can surely still be improved upon.

Any discussion on the new AI files is better put in that thread, I just wanted to point it out. I plan to get them into 1.41. :)

What I am saying ,is that both POR and SPA have 6 colonists each in port with no money to send them. I have ben checking them from 1500 to 1540.

It seems that the usage of their respective funds has been changed for use somewhere else. In the previous versions , they seemed to have the funds to enlarge their TP's to colonies.
OR the parameters of their expenses was to colonise before doing anything else.

Toio said:
missing all text for the Venetian events , between 1520 and 1540. I only get an event name.
Which ones?
I only saw VEN_17007 "Inquisitori di Stato" with missing ACTIONNAME3089A to be replaced with "Ok".

YodaMaster said:
Which ones?
I only saw VEN_17007 "Inquisitori di Stato" with missing ACTIONNAME3089A to be replaced with "Ok".

gregorian calender is another

and

will find the other in my sved file