• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In post #2, following entries can turn green:

666222 slept by 125020 in AGCEEP_Specific_Bavaria.eue
666224 slept by 3617 in AGCEEP_Specific_Bavaria.eue
30328, 30329 and 30330 triggered by 30327 in AGCEEP_Specific_Delhi.eue
666225 slept by 3666 in AGCEEP_Specific_Palatinate.eue - see 666222
230000 slept (twice) by 161000 in AGCEEP_Specific_Delhi.eue
216000 in AGCEEP_Specific_Mahrattis.eue
3388, 3389 and 3390 in AGCEEP_Specific_Ottomans.eue
170000 in AGCEEP_Specific_France.eue needs 3321 (3321 replaced with 3320)

I'm playing 1.40 mutliplayer with two other players (Brandenburg, Milan, Russia are our respective countries) and the game continues to crash the host out at either January 1527 or Febuary 1527. I can't tell if it's the League of Schmalkden that's making it crash or what. Are there any known bugs/issues for this period?

We can't even save it as when the other players try to save the game it crashes the client.

Jaerin said:
I'm playing 1.40 mutliplayer with two other players (Brandenburg, Milan, Russia are our respective countries) and the game continues to crash the host out at either January 1527 or Febuary 1527. I can't tell if it's the League of Schmalkden that's making it crash or what. Are there any known bugs/issues for this period?

We can't even save it as when the other players try to save the game it crashes the client.
Go to this thread for such problem and send me a zipped savefile just before 1527 at yodamaster@agceep.com. Attempting to reproduce the CTD is the only way for me to help you at first.

I keep getting "we have lost a merchant in Ile de France .... we currently have Berg (or Byzantium or whatever) merchants left" -- I have the message on popup - I think a third "catcher"(or whatever it's called, wildcard?) is needed to make sure everything lands in the correct line.

I just saw your bug list for AGCEEP 1.40. If wanted, I'd like to offer my help. For now, here's a description I made of Iceland, Gotland and Normandy:

Iceland:
Although not inhabited until the Viking Age, people knew Iceland long before that time. Iceland was first inhabited round 875 when Norse people started settling there, bringing their pagan gods. By the end of the 10th century the Norwegian king Olaf I Tryggvason forced his subjects to accept Christianity. In the early 13th century the Norwegian king set out to unite all Norwegian Viking Age settlements and in 1264 they were persuaded to swear allegiance to the king of Norway. In the late Middle Ages Iceland's economy, based mostly on farming and fishing, deteriorated and the plague visited Iceland twice killing approximately half the population each time. In 1530 the Reformation was instituted in Denmark but it wasn’t till 1550 that the island’s resistance to the Lutheran Reformation ended. Round 1600 all foreign trade in Iceland was monopolized and given to Danish traders. This arrangement remained intact for nearly two centuries, during which Iceland's contacts with the outside world were almost exclusively restricted to Denmark. The Icelandic people, unlike Norway and Sweden, never demanded more autonomy from Denmark and remained part of Denmark.

Gotland:
Since the 10th century, Gotland had been a part of Sweden, paying an annual tax for protection but otherwise remaining an independent peasant community. Early on Gotland became a commercial center and by the 12th century Gotland dominated the routes between Russia and Western Europe. Until the mid-14th century most of the Novgorod trade passed through the island. They became christianised in the 12th century, brought by a Norwegian king, on the run from his own people. In 1361 the Danish king Valdemar IV Atterdag conquered Gotland after which the trade routes shifted and Gotland declined. For the next three centuries Denmark, Hanseatic League, pirates, and Teutonic Knights variously controlled it, until in 1645 it came again under Swedish rule.

Normandy:
Raids of the Vikings, or Northmen, from the 8th century on, repeatedly devastated the Normandy coast, each time moving farther inland. Finally the French king Charles III the Simple ceded the territory to Rollo, the chief of the largest band of Vikings. The Vikings immigrated in large numbers to settle the country, and they adopted the French language, customs, and religion. These Vikings became known as Normans, and the region they settled became known as Normandy. In 1066, William, duke of Normandy and a distant successor to Rollo, invaded England. He became William I of England (William the Conqueror) and united the rule of England and Normandy in him. During the next four centuries both England and France battled for control over Normandy, until the French achieved permanent control in 1450 after their victory in the Battle of Formigny.

I hope it's satisfactory :) . And feel free of course to "weed it out" since they're quite long :D .

Last edited:
ForzaA said:
I keep getting "we have lost a merchant in Ile de France .... we currently have Berg (or Byzantium or whatever) merchants left" -- I have the message on popup - I think a third "catcher"(or whatever it's called, wildcard?) is needed to make sure everything lands in the correct line.
Bugfix for text.csv:
Code:
MERCLOSS_SETUP;When one of your merchants is competed away from a Center of Trade;;;;;;;;;;
MERCLOSS_HEADER;Our Governor Reports%s;;;;;;;;;;
MERCLOSS_1;Market Share Loss;;;;;;;;;;
MERCLOSS_2;%t, one of our merchants in;;;;;;;;;;
MERCLOSS_3;%s;;;;;;;;;;
MERCLOSS_4;has gone out of business due to fierce competition from %s. We currently have;;;;;;;;;;
MERCLOSS_5;%s merchant(s) left;;;;;;;;;;
MERCLOSS_6;in that Center of Trade.;;;;;;;;;;
MERCLOSS_LOG;We lost a merchant in %s to competition from %s and currently have %s merchant(s) left there.;;;;;;;;;;
MERCLOSS_BTN1;OK;;;;;;;;;;
MERCLOSS_BTN2;Goto;;;;;;;;;;

Last edited:
So the following event description ID number needs to be changed as indicated, and the corresponding entry in text.csv altered as well. 164009 is a seperate event with its own entry in text.csv corresponding to H. VI's annointment in Paris. There are two 164009 entries in text.csv ...

#England Sends Reinforcements
event = {
id = 164019
random = no
country = ENG
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1488 }
offset = 10
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1489 }

name = "EVENTNAME164019" #England Sends Reinforcements
desc = "EVENTHIST164019"
#-#In the spring King Henry VII concluded a treaty with the Duchess Anne by which England would send several thousand troops to aid Anne in the defence of her Duchy. In return, Anne was to make her resources available at a time of Henry's choosing to recover any of England's old possessions in France.

New description:

name = "EVENTNAME1000172" #Buchan, Douglas, and Scottish Reinforcement
desc = "EVENTHIST1000172"
#-#The Scottish Earls of Buchan and Douglas had led a French embassy to Scotland in order to raise more troops for Charles VII's efforts against the English. The Earls and their affinities supported Charles VII, and Charles himself was eager to enlist their active support. Buchan had already been named Charles's Constable of France for his loyalty and for his efforts against the English. Charles VII had been so pleased with the Earl that he was rumoured to raise the Earl to the Duchy of Touraine.

Hotfix for 1.40 available on AGCEEP website for all corrected bugs since 1.40 release (see Downloads page).

Not included: bugs #3, #66 and #71 (further discussion needed).

Bugfixes

-fixed flags section in 1520.inc
-fixed DIGUAR, DIGUAR2 and DIWARNEDBY entries in text.csv
-added missing ; at the end of RAG_DESC in text.csv
-fixed ENG_21131, ENG_21132, ENG_21134 and ENG_21135 and corresponding entries in text.csv
-fixed typo in EVENTNAME21135
-fixed mine for Leone (795) in province.csv
-added missing commands in 1419.inc for Hanoi (662), Tanh Noah (663) and Lao Cai (1554)
-fixed trigger in HAB_179700
-fixed date in ENG_20006
-renamed EVENTHIST331047 to EVENTHIST164001
-fixed position of port for Yaraguay (154), Cuyuni (179) and Parnaiba (202)
-fixed EVENTHIST12114
-fixed deathdate in VEN_326026
-fixed typo in EVENTNAME_RANDOM076 and EVENTHIST_RANDOM076
-fixed GOLD, _EYRSYMBOL_GOLD_ROLLOVER_ and _EYRSYMBOL_PRODUCTS_OF_THE_ORIENT_ROLLOVER_
-fixed EVENTHIST147000
-fixed position of manufactory for Ogaden (758)
-replaced Vientiane (VIE) with Lan Xang (AMI) in 1520 scenario
-fixed BAY_125020, BAY_3617 and PFA_3666 "The Bavarian Succession of 1777" sequence
-fixed DLH_30327 "Nobles ally with Babur" and added missing MOG_30328, MOG_30329 and MOG_30330 (EEP 1.4.2)
-fixed "Shivaji visits Delhi" sequence
-fixed SPA_3157, POR_260998 (AGCEEP_Fantasy_Iberia.eue) and removed SPA_3748
-fixed POL_3488, POL_3489, POL_3490 and corresponding TUR_3388, TUR_3389 and TUR_3390
-fixed trigger in FRA_170000 "Treaty of Senlis"
-fixed all ADM, DIP and MIL -1 commands
-removed Adal (CYR) from KNI and TUR bpai files
-removed all extra not needed spaces at the end of the entries of armynames.csv and colonynames.csv
-fixed MERCLOSS_ entries in text.csv
-fixed desc in ENG_164019 "England Sends Reinforcements"
-fixed EVENTHIST1000172
-added desc for Iceland (ICE), Gotland (GOT) and Normandy (NRM)

Last edited:
Before moving towards the events, I'll try to provide you with the descriptions (based on facts of course) that are needed. As I said before, I deliver and you decide. A perfect master - slave relationship :rofl: .

232005 in AGCEEP_Specific_Morocco.eue:
During his reign Moulay Ismail, after subduing and pacifying Morocco, managed to gain control over the privateering, which he eventually dismantled and turned into peaceful trading. A French architect built the city of Essaouira in the 17th century solely for the international trade. Foreign trade in Morocco flourished and he exchanged ambassadors with many leading powers, among which the English, French and the Dutch.

325013 in AGCEEP_Specific_UzbekHorde.eue:
Shaibani Khan, having been granted the Khanship in 1488, had been at constant rivalry with the Kazakh Khan. A temporary peace between them allowed Shaibani Khan to turn his attentions to the south. By the early 16th century he lead an invasion force of nomadic Uzbek tribes and swept down from the northern steppe, invading the region known as Transoxiana, “that which lies beyong the Oxus river.”

In post #2, following entries can turn green:
6920 slept by 6936 and 6937 in AGCEEP_Specific_Japan.eue
6924 slept by 6975 in AGCEEP_Specific_Japan.eue
6926 slept by 6938 in AGCEEP_Specific_Japan.eue
6939 slept by 6936 in AGCEEP_Specific_Japan.eue
6940 slept by 6936 in AGCEEP_Specific_Japan.eue
6941 slept by 6936 in AGCEEP_Specific_Japan.eue
6946 slept by 6936 in AGCEEP_Specific_Japan.eue
6948 slept by 6936 in AGCEEP_Specific_Japan.eue
6959 in AGCEEP_Flavor_Japan.eue needs 6940
6914 in AGCEEP_Specific_Japan.eue needs 6922
6953 in AGCEEP_Specific_Japan.eue needs 6932
6974 in AGCEEP_Specific_Japan.eue needs 6922
6976 in AGCEEP_Specific_Japan.eue needs 6943
6979 in AGCEEP_Specific_Japan.eue needs 6922
6980 in AGCEEP_Specific_Japan.eue needs 6922
6982 in AGCEEP_Specific_Japan.eue needs 6948
6983 in AGCEEP_Specific_Japan.eue needs 6948
6985 in AGCEEP_Specific_Japan.eue needs 6921
6986 in AGCEEP_Specific_Japan.eue needs 6921
No reported bug for Japan in next version with these corrections:

-fixed typo in EVENTHIST242004
-removed "/n" in EVENTHIST242003, EVENTHIST242006, EVENTHIST242007, EVENTHIST242024, EVENTHIST242012, EVENTHIST242014, EVENTHIST242026 and EVENTHIST242000
-replaced % with percent in EVENTHIST242007
-removed commands for "missing" events in NIP_6936, NIP_6937 and NIP_6959
-replaced 6924 with 970002 in NIP_6975
-fixed NIP_242028, NIP_242029 and added NIP_242031 for possible revoltrisk +15 in Kansai (686)
-fixed NIP_6938 and NIP_970004
-added NIP_6922 from vanilla major_nip.txt
-removed trigger in NIP_6982, NIP_6983, NIP_6985 and NIP_6986
-replaced Kyushu (688) with Kanto (685) in NIP_242006 and NIP_242007

Thanks! Updated the list, also with all from Yodamaster, it's getting a few green lines at last. I have not yet included what I commented on from Aegnor, I'll wait for him to reply.
Nagel said:
Before moving towards the events, I'll try to provide you with the descriptions (based on facts of course) that are needed. As I said before, I deliver and you decide. A perfect master - slave relationship :rofl: .

As "" cannot be used in text strings (they are used for starting and ending) I suggest:

325013 in AGCEEP_Specific_UzbekHorde.eue:
Shaibani Khan, having been granted the Khanship in 1488, had been at constant rivalry with the Kazakh Khan. A temporary peace between them allowed Shaibani Khan to turn his attentions to the south. By the early 16th century he lead an invasion force of nomadic Uzbek tribes and swept down from the northern steppe, invading the region known as Transoxiana, meaning 'that which lies beyond the Oxus river'.

Alterations required:

(red indicates deletions, while yellow indicates an alteration or addition.)

#Orleanists Wish to Surrender to Burgundy
event = {
id = 1000114
random = no
country = ENG
trigger = {
event = 1000008 #The Treaty of Troyes ->FRA
event = 1000159 #Jean of Orleans Swears Allegiance to Charles VII ->DAU
owned = { province = 411 data = -1 }
NOT = {
OR = {
war = { country = ENG country = BUR }
event = 1000062 #English Final Victory ->ENG
event = 1000167 #Orleans is Subjugated ->ENG
}
}
}
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1420 }
offset = 90
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1461 }

name = "EVENTNAME1000114" #Orleanists Wish to Surrender to Burgundy
desc = "EVENTHIST1000114"
#-#During the English siege of the city of Orleans, the inhabitants of Orleans offered to surrender peacefully, provided Orleans would fall to the jurisdiction of the Duke of Burgundy, rather than Bedford. Not long before, Charles had made a deal with Philip Duke of Burgundy promising Orleans to the Duke in exchange for his ceasing of hostilities towards the Dauphinists. Henry VI's Regent in France, Bedford, taken aback by this development, reacted harshly and rebutted what he considered to be an outrageous insult. Needless to say, the Duke of Burgundy became infuriated, abandoning Bedford's forces altogether. The relations between the two were deeply hurt, but the notion that such a hard fought province would fall to Burgundy was simply too incredible to consider seriously.

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME1000114A" #Absolute nonsense ! Orleans is ours !
command = { type = relation which = BUR value = -50 }
command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 411 value = 5 } #Orleanais
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME1000114B" #Perhaps we were too hasty...hand Orleans over to Philip
command = { type = stability value = -1 }
command = { type = relation which = BUR value = 50 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = BUR value = 411 } #Orleanais
command = { type = trigger which = 1000115 } #Orleans Surrenders to Burgundy ->BUR #BUR: Orleans Surrenders to Burgundy
command = { type = badboy value = -1 }
}
}

#Orleans is Subjugated
event = {
id = 1000167
random = no
country = ENG
trigger = {
event = 1000159 #Jean of Orleans Swears Allegiance to Charles VII
event = 1000114 #Orleanists Wish to Surrender to Burgundy
OR = {
owned = { province = 411 data = -1 }
vassal = { country = ENG country = ORL }
}
NOT = {
OR = {
event = 1000062 #English Final Victory ->ENG
event = 1000165 #The Release of the Duke of Orleans ->ENG
}
}
}
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1420 }
offset = 90
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1461 }

name = "EVENTNAME1000167" #Orleans is Subjugated
desc = "EVENTHIST1000167"
#-#Jean 'the bastard' of Orleans, brother and Lieutenant of the captive Duke Charles I of Orleans, was forced to surrender Orleans and accept Henry VI as his rightful Lord. As a result of this as well as the stipulations in the Treaty of Troyes, the Duke of Orleans was to be released after performing homage to Henry VI. Orleans was then to be reinvested with his Duchy. The Duke would pay a fee for his freedom, but he was granted his estates as an appanage with more or less a free hand in the governing of his lands. Charles I was to give no aid to the Dauphinist and was to assist the English in their efforts against the Dauphin.

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME1000167A" #We must adhere to the Treaty
command = { type = treasury value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = ORL value = 100 }
command = { type = badboy value = -1 }
command = { type = independence which = ORL }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 1000114 } #ENG: Orleanists Wish to Surrender to Burgundy
}
}

Last edited:
ribbon22 said:
Yoda, can we move all the ENG core removal events (1000148 - 1000157) and province ceding events (1000046 - 1000053, 1000055 - 1000056 *all one continuous series of events, I'm not sure what happened to 1000054, oh well) to a new HYW file?
Why not, which name for this new file?

But, since all events are for England (iirc), is it really necessary?
It is always possible to move them all in a separate but well identified section of AGCEEP_HYW_England.eue.

YodaMaster said:
Why not, which name for this new file?

But, since all events are for England (iirc), is it really necessary?
It is always possible to move them all in a separate but well identified section of AGCEEP_HYW_England.eue.
Call it HWY_Misc or something to that effect. And it won't just be for ENG, we'll be able to stuff other annoying events in there too. It's just to clear some space in the ENG file because it's annoying to have to scroll through those pork type events. Basically, we'll be able to stuff all HYW porkish events into this new file. :)