• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Pontecorvo said:
I installed AGCEEP with MyMap last week and in my first game something strange happened. I don't know if this is a bug or not, but Bremen is a member of 2 alliances in 1419 and honored both of them when they went to war against eachother. There where no CTD or something, but I guess it can create trouble for calculating the victory % in a peace settlement.

By the way, Thank you all for creating the AGCEEP with MyMap, it's a more advanced gaming experience! Great work!!
The MyMap version of AGCEEP isn't supported by us, since it's an older version and modified by the MyMap team. Report there.

Norrefeldt said:
I don't understand entirely what you mean, and what the HLL entry has to do with it. Capitals are moved randomly if they need to, I'm not sure if they can still change continent or if that's been removed. (I've seen a French capital in the Antilles.)

This is why we should never have a revolt entry that permits another country to lose it's capital. For this case I suggest Brabant cannot revolt until after 1491. I know the event allows BUR to not move its capital, perhaps that choice should be deleted, since it causes this anomaly. If we want to keep it, I suppose we have to make Brabantnot able to revoltt from BUR, which would also allow them to be revolters from 1419.
An event for regaining the original capital.

Norrefeldt said:
I don't understand entirely what you mean, and what the HLL entry has to do with it. Capitals are moved randomly if they need to, I'm not sure if they can still change continent or if that's been removed. (I've seen a French capital in the Antilles.)
The capital moved to 339 (I have wrongly put 338). I have reported HLL in order to understand if the capital mentioned in revolt.txt has something to do with the new capital chosen by the eu2 engine...
That means if Burgundy loses capital, according to revolt.txt 409 or 387 should be chosen as alternative and default capital by the game engine...

That is why I was surprised by AI choosing 339 (Holland), when 339 is a Hainaut core.

This is why we should never have a revolt entry that permits another country to lose it's capital. For this case I suggest Brabant cannot revolt until after 1491. I know the event allows BUR to not move its capital, perhaps that choice should be deleted, since it causes this anomaly. If we want to keep it, I suppose we have to make Brabantnot able to revoltt from BUR, which would also allow them to be revolters from 1419.
In order to preserve Bruxelles in Burgundian possessions I would suggest to add a no = BUR in HAU = { #Brabant entry in revolt.txt, then instead of removing the action B in BUR137000... But that avoids Zeeland (340) from rebelling too.

Last edited:
I haven't heard that the engine should favour any province over another, but then, I haven't tested it, and it happens rather infrequently.
If the capital can revolt, there's a small chance for CTD, if that should be the last province somehow.
But of course the capital can be set right by an event, at least the first time.

Bordic said:
In order to preserve Bruxelles in Burgundian possessions I would suggest to add a no = BUR in HAU = { #Brabant entry in revolt.txt, then instead of removing the action B in BUR137000... But that avoids Zeeland (340) from rebelling too.
I rather make the capital moving without options. Otherwise keeping it in Brussels make take out one revolter permanently.

Typo (Buddhist):
name = "EVENTNAME_RANDOM076" #Commissioning of a Budhist Temple
desc = "EVENTHIST_RANDOM076" #-#Your advisors recommend that we commission a new Budhist Temple...

I would prefer to have capitalization of the goods "Bullion & Gems", just like Naval Supplies is capitalized. Besides, the name is still the wong one in the ledger, it comes from the line:
_EYRSYMBOL_GOLD_ROLLOVER_;Gold;;;;;;;;;;
_EYRSYMBOL_PRODUCTS_OF_THE_ORIENT_ROLLOVER_;Chinaware;;;;;;;;;;
For some reason the goods images are still the old ones. I haven't found any miniaure of them, so I suppose the old ones are still loead and that moddir doesn't work.

Short on time since the beginning of the week. I will see bugs since post #35 as soon as possible and especially goods image since it should be at the right place in AGCEEP folder and I can assure it works fine in moddir.

To Bordic: Hainault with "l" is the name of the country in text.csv. It is the English spelling.

To Norrefeldt : resource.bmp (goods image) should be located in AGCEEP\Gfx\Interface\PIW\Buildings and corresponding palette (same file with same name: resource.bmp) in AGCEEP\Gfx\palette

I have original paradox files in EU2 folder and AGCEEP goods images are properly displayed on Economy map and for provinces info. And I checked, both needed resource.bmp files are included in 1.40 install. :confused:

Last edited:
Norrefeldt said:
#Japanese Pirate Raids#, the first event 147000 probably has the wrong name, as the text doesn't mention pirates or Japanese.
Hist is wrong. Bugfix:
EVENTHIST147000;In Yong Le year 17 (AD 1419), Japanese pirates raided an area on the east coast of the Liao Dong peninsula.;;;;;;;;;;

Position of manufactory for Ogaden (EU2 1.09):
Code:
758;Ogaden;inland;sunni;somali;0;0;1;0;0;0;1;1;0;0;1;0;0;0;wool;0;-3;9;20;3;1;9;9;11872;4425;11887;4550;0;0;11910;4475;0;11828;4495;4;11808;4496;3;11935;4403;6;11731;4504;7;Ethiopia;East Africa;Africa;Ogaden;0;0;0;#N/A;11882;4461;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1
Don't forget to remove extra spaces

Last edited:
As reported in French forum, Vientiane (VIE) should be replaced with Lan Xang (AMI) in 1520 scenario.

Btw, actually, both are selectable but CTD if Lan Xang is selected.

has the format for the commencement of text within events changed in this version?

from " to #-#

I have gone through every event for many nations and the text all strat with #-# now.

My new validator (which has emperor and elector) fails to recognise the old format of "

Norrefeldt said:
No, the format is still #, anything after that is not included. I guess Yodamaster added the -# to make it easier for their scripts to find it, and not mix it up with normal comments.
Exactly

EDIT:
To Toio, all texts are in text.csv in 1.40. Descriptions are "EVENTHIST<event_id>"

The line with #-# at the beginning is just in events files for readability of each event.

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
Exactly

EDIT:
To Toio, all texts are in text.csv in 1.40. Descriptions are "EVENTHIST<event_id>"

The line with #-# at the beginning is just in events files for readability of each event.

So since the new validator I use recognises only #-# and NOT " for start of text, can I use the #-# for future events or will this cause you are problem ?

Toio said:
So since the new validator I use recognises only #-# and NOT " for start of text, can I use the #-# for future events or will this cause you are problem ?
#-# is only for descriptions comments but description is in the desc command as in
Code:
desc = "EVENTHIST125140"
and EVENTHIST125140 is to be found in text.csv.

I'm not sure I really understand what you want to do.

YodaMaster said:
#-# is only for descriptions comments but description is in the desc command as in
Code:
desc = "EVENTHIST125140"
and EVENTHIST125140 is to be found in text.csv.

I'm not sure I really understand what you want to do.

ALL my text for all new events I create do not pass the validator if I use " , they will only be recognized by the validator if I use #-#, so I am saying , If I use # instead of " for text description , will it cause you concern?