• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
103024 in AGCEEP_Specific_AkKoyunlu.eue:
Under Jahan Shah the Kara Koyunlu extended greatly their domain, annexing portions of Iraq and the eastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula as well as Timurid western Iran. In 1466 Jahan Shah attempted to overtake Ak Koyunlu. This attempt ended in Jahan Shah’s defeat and death and within two years the Kara Koyunlu had succumbed to the superior Ak Koyunlu forces, commanded by Uzun Hasan. In the following years the Ak Koyunlu managed to annex territories in Azerbaijan and Iraq and occupy a great deal of Iran.

Norrefeldt said:
STR is commented as Morea in the revolt file, should be Strassburg. The 1419 inc files of Tirol and Wurtemberg could also be renamed to Tyrol and Wirtemberg.
*nitpicking*
No, just perfectionism... ;)
Corrected

bug or event changed which forced these errors/abnormalities.

1 - The french Catholics should be fighting only the french and not aid the french in european conquests. they need to behave like the HUGS.

2 - Why has brittany been removed from french conquests ?. I see every game played in 1.40, that brittany survives and actually causes problems for ENG or irish monors

Provinces Ufa and Samara are the opposite.
i mean when russia has an event "russian sattelment in samara" if effects Ufa. and in a peace deal if you ask for samara you'll get ufa. and the other way around. not sure if its an agceep bug or a eu2 bug. :cool:

Prodigy said:
Provinces Ufa and Samara are the opposite.
i mean when russia has an event "russian sattelment in samara" if effects Ufa. and in a peace deal if you ask for samara you'll get ufa. and the other way around. not sure if its an agceep bug or a eu2 bug. :cool:

I belive we swapped the provinces as they are geographically the wrong way. If you have the deluxe version, the names that show up on the province get changed to (as opposed to just name in province.csv)

In the event file for Hungary, event 188125, the techgroup for Hungary is set to "orthodox" in stead of "torthodox", causing the techgroup to be set to pagan/exotic.

The follwing unused monarchs are removed (colored green now) from the ToDo list, and the monarch file.
'Prague confederacy' (Id = 19241) in monarchs.sil
'Utraquist nobility' (Id = 19254) in monarchs.sil

They came from an alternative outcome Twoflower planned by later scrapped, as can be seen in this post:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3406181&postcount=127
- the option for the Hussites to establish a "merchant republic" under the leadership of Prague is removed, as suggested by Vaclav

The unused event leading up to this, and where the monarchs were planned to be used is:
430010 Civil war between Praguers and Utraquists

Last edited:
Babur's Ambition for the Timurids does not seem to be firing. I started as Khorasan and re-founded the Timurid Empire, and I was hoping I could then change into the Mughals. The event (#296613) says that either the TE has to have lost Samarkand to the Uzbeks via events 296770 and 296771, OR you must own Kabul and Kabul/Mughals must not already exist, yet I played up until the deathdate for Babur's Ambition and it hasn't fired, even though I fulfill what the trigger says you must do. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Since it's been discovered to rarely cause ID conflicts, and CTDs, I think we should list the problem of a state X changing tag to Y, then having X revolt a bit later on. That can give the same monarch for X and Y, with the same ID.
Possible solutions are manipulating the revolt file, or having a few potential troublesome ones with special monarch lists from start.

Norrefeldt said:
Since it's been discovered to rarely cause ID conflicts, and CTDs, I think we should list the problem of a state X changing tag to Y, then having X revolt a bit later on. That can give the same monarch for X and Y, with the same ID.
Possible solutions are manipulating the revolt file, or having a few potential troublesome ones with special monarch lists from start.
Yes, I thought to have at least "no = Y" in X section of revolt.txt only when accurate. It won't solve all cases but could be useful too.

Archaalen said:
Babur's Ambition for the Timurids does not seem to be firing. I started as Khorasan and re-founded the Timurid Empire, and I was hoping I could then change into the Mughals. The event (#296613) says that either the TE has to have lost Samarkand to the Uzbeks via events 296770 and 296771, OR you must own Kabul and Kabul/Mughals must not already exist, yet I played up until the deathdate for Babur's Ambition and it hasn't fired, even though I fulfill what the trigger says you must do. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

You aren't reading the trigger right. To get the event to fire, the following must be true:

You own Kabul.
Neither Kabul or the Mughal Empire exists.
event 296770 or 296771 has to have fired (although I suppose another option could just be that the Timurids don't own Samarkand)

The event probably isn't firing for you because neither of those events have fired. You've put the OR in the wrong place in your description of what occurred.

are you sure about this? the way the trigger reads is as follows:
trigger = {
owned = { province = 1527 data = -1 } #Kabul
NOT = {
exists = MOG
exists = KUS
}
OR = {
event = 296770
event = 296771

If that OR doesn't mean what I thought it did, what does it mean?

I edited my post, put the other thing up before I had read your response.

Archaalen said:
are you sure about this? the way the trigger reads is as follows:
trigger = {
owned = { province = 1527 data = -1 } #Kabul
NOT = {
exists = MOG
exists = KUS
}
OR = {
event = 296770
event = 296771

If that OR doesn't mean what I thought it did, what does it mean?

Yea, I just looked up the trigger as well. OR means that one of the things listed inside of that statement must have fired. Thus everything above the OR statement must be true and then one of the things in the OR statement must be true.

Dormant and never awakened monarchs:
'Johann der Alchymist' (Id = 06140) in monarchs.bra
'Friedrich II' (Id = 06141) in monarchs.bra
These come from events where Thuringen could be made independent from Brandenburg. That is no longer possible, and the events are commented out. I don't know if we intend to use them again, with the new map? If so, we can add a comment and comment them out from the monarch file, otherwise delete.
The events are still in BRA's file, last and commented out.

EDIT:Concidering that Thuringn isn't asked for even w the new map, probably for balance reasons, I suggest they are removed.

Last edited:
Question: Why is the offset value for the Akbar's Reforms event so huge? with an offset of 1000, the event will almost never fire within the 5 years before the deathdate. Was this done deliberately, or is it a mistake?