• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Hi guys.

Just wanted to say that we're still working on improvements for Sengoku.

1.4 is in development, but I do not have an ETA yet.

great news Johan, we've been discussing various things at the mod threads, mainly in "Mod Idea: The Sengoku Clan Customization Project" and the "Genpei War"
we'd appreciate it if one of you guys took a quick look at the suggestions there.

I'll just drop in a quick note of what's been discussed there:

1- increasing speed to x3
2- adding a tech tree to the game mechanics
3- adding a divorce mechanism
4- more frequent province looting/building destruction
5- unique traits for the clan you're playing, that YOU choose upon starting the game

edit:

i would like to add that, i wish if it was possible to choose your own clan colors, or give us the ability to color the existing clans on the map, i often found myself with colors i dislike or even with a color almost identical to another clan, thus making it a bit harder for me to tell if this is my land or theirs.

i think you should add this and make it possible for us to set "default colors" for each clan. just an idea.

Thanks Paradox, for continuous support for your games!

Note to readers: I have updated the tech support sticky with the new patch information. Any further information will also be updated there. :)

A very easy switch in the game options would allow us to recreate the FoW. Switch to activate/deactivate unreliable reports on enemy numbers (the bigger the army the less accurate the numbers count). Now that's doable. :)

And... what goodies have you been working on?
Yes, me wants to know to! Will it be just about fixed reported bugs or will there be any new features also down the line of modder requests for all the stuff that would allow certain moddding that currently can't be done?

Well, on the side, I reported 4 bugs and they all were given the "squashed in internal version" call. There are 3 more in the bugs forum and 2 have already been cleared as well.

I think the guys won't tell about new goodies until the DEV diary is out but we can be sure that the game is being further refined which is all for the best.
Chatnoir has a pretty solid scheme for his Genpei mod... I mean it all looks very promising but I can't wait to read the new Diary. :)

Well, on the side, I reported 4 bugs and they all were given the "squashed in internal version" call. There are 3 more in the bugs forum and 2 have already been cleared as well.

This. Well-reported bugs with savegame before things happen is the best way to get things fixed! :)

I don't expect many things except more moddability, but one or two additional military or diplomacy features under the balancing with other existing game mechanics would be great.

I hope for some more options when playing as vassals.

Is it the same DEV team?
I concur the people who were designated to continue improving Sengoku are a kind of reserve who get's called to other project/s temporarily if the need arises. When that job is done they get back to improving Sengoku. Remembering how it was when I was modding more actively it can be very stressful to shuffle between two or more projects on demand regardless if you are professional or not.

I got the feeling that other things are still more pressing at the moment so Sengoku team only came back briefly to calm us all down a bit but full focus is not here yet.

Last edited: