1.4 Performance Issue Report Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GAGA Extrem

Per Ardua Ad Astra
QA
External QA
121 Badges
Mar 19, 2004
  • Semper Fi
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
We have received reports about performance issues with 1.4, particularly on Mac.

Just as with 1.3, I'd like to use this specific thread to gather more information about the systems of people who are affected.

Doing so will help us to find denominators in terms of software and/or hardware specs that may be related to the issue, and it will reduce the amount of duplicate threads in the bug forums.

If you are experiencing severe performance issues, please leave a message in this thread with:
(1) a brief description of the issue (and if possible steps to repro it).
(2) an attached DX.Diag logfile (or About this Mac" info) of your system.
(3) All logfiles from the log folder from the affected session (found at: Users\USERNAME\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Imperator\logs).
(4) If the issue is specific to a specific game state or save, upload the related save game as well.

Please make sure to attach as much information to your post possible. The more info you can give us, the easier it will be for us to identify and fix the issue.

Note: This thread is for reporting on performance issues only. Please use the appropriate sub forum for bug reports!

Thank you!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Game crashes after about 3-4 years. Not due to any construction or specific actions that I can identify.

I am using 10.14.6 MacOS Mojave with Radeon Pro Vega 48 8gb. Game functions perfectly smoothly without the slightest lag until this sudden, instantaneous crash occurs. The report log is the same as most of the others I've seen posted here.

I've been a Paradox fan since the first edition of UE and spend lots on your products so was very disappointed when word was spreading that Paradox expressed no desire to address this.

I'm experiencing similar issiues. The game crashes already in the tutorial after a frew years. And when I tried a regular game, it crashed after roughly one decade. Reoccurring with every reload of the savegame.

I'm running it on a
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
Processor 3,7 6-Core Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics Radeon Pro 580x 8 GB
with 10.15.4 macOS Catalina

I falsely posted this already in the bug report sub forum with a complete crash report. Not sure if you need that though. I attached the requested log and savegame files. I hope it's all there... Please let me know if you need any other data.

Attachments

• combat.log
    882 bytes · Views: 0
  • code_revisions.log
    926 bytes · Views: 0
  • debug.log
    23,6 KB · Views: 0
  • dedicated_server.log
    3,5 KB · Views: 0
  • game.log
    32,6 KB · Views: 0
  • message.log
    104,1 KB · Views: 0
  • multiplayer.log
    1,5 KB · Views: 0
  • setup.log
    62,5 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    681 bytes · Views: 0
  • war.log
    16,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 450.10.1 - Rome.rome
    7,5 MB · Views: 0
  • autosave.rome
    6,7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I just bought the Deluxe upgrade and Im missing the library of Alexandria on the map.
Any help?

That doesn't sound like a performance issue and likely will get lost in this thread. Better file a report in the bug section.

A reminder that this thread is meant for performance issues only.

Bug reports (including crashes not directly related to performance ) should go in the bug report subforum.

I'm experiencing a late game lag well after the 'official end game date', and it strangely happens when I go to war with someone. It takes a few minutes for a day to pass, everything seems to be at a standstill, but I can still move around the map and zoom in and out, click on things etc.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    89,8 KB · Views: 0
  • code_revisions.log
    917 bytes · Views: 0
  • debug.log
    372,1 KB · Views: 0
  • dedicated_server.log
    1,2 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    93 bytes · Views: 0
  • game.log
    29,8 KB · Views: 0
  • message.log
    204,2 KB · Views: 0
  • multiplayer.log
    1,8 KB · Views: 0
  • setup.log
    62,5 KB · Views: 0
  • war.log
    10,9 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    693 bytes · Views: 0
  • Amyntas 29-.rome
    201 MB · Views: 0
I have noticed a lag when I open the main nation tab late game. When I close this tab or move to another one I have no issues. Also a restart seems to help this. Wonder if there is a leak.

I am experiencing too high temperatures while playing this game. Over 90 degrees celsius. 5-10 degrees more in general compared to other games i play. I am playing with optimized settings(NVIDIA GeForce) and even after lowering settings further i am still getting relatively higher degrees.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    103,8 KB · Views: 0
I have noticed a lag when I open the main nation tab late game. When I close this tab or move to another one I have no issues. Also a restart seems to help this. Wonder if there is a leak.

Noticed this as well, I can play for about half an hour to 45 minutes later on in the game before I need to use a quick retard if I want to brosw the nation tab.

Hello!
Please attach a save game where you experience said performance issue.
I'll forward it to our coders for investigation.

Hi, iMac 2019 with 10.14.6

I can't play the game for more than about 4 years. It just crashes, and reloading the save game just makes it crash again at roughly the same spot.

Attachments

• B005.rome
    67,1 MB · Views: 0
  • IR Crash Report.pdf
    216,3 KB · Views: 0
Hi! iMac Late 2015 with 10.11.6.
After about 6 years, the game crashes, and reloading makes it crash once more at the same time!

Hi !

MbPro 16 - 2019, i9, 16goRam + AMD 5500 8Go
After some in-game decades, I get a crash like this one :

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGILL)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

I tried many graphic setting combinaison, does'nt look to works...

I hope this could help the team to find a solution. Tell me if you need more precision. Good luck for that and see you for the next patch

Ciao !

Attachments

• exception.txt
    2,5 KB · Views: 0
  • meta.yml
    527 bytes · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    5,3 KB · Views: 0
  • debug.log
    329,1 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    52,2 KB · Views: 0
  • game.log
    989,9 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    683 bytes · Views: 0
  • Sparte.rome
    6,8 MB · Views: 0
We have received reports about performance issues with 1.4, particularly on Mac.

Just as with 1.3, I'd like to use this specific thread to gather more information about the systems of people who are affected.

Doing so will help us to find denominators in terms of software and/or hardware specs that may be related to the issue, and it will reduce the amount of duplicate threads in the bug forums.

If you are experiencing severe performance issues, please leave a message in this thread with:
(1) a brief description of the issue (and if possible steps to repro it).
(2) an attached DX.Diag logfile (or About this Mac" info) of your system.
(3) All logfiles from the log folder from the affected session (found at: Users\USERNAME\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Imperator\logs).
(4) If the issue is specific to a specific game state or save, upload the related save game as well.

Please make sure to attach as much information to your post possible. The more info you can give us, the easier it will be for us to identify and fix the issue.

Note: This thread is for reporting on performance issues only. Please use the appropriate sub forum for bug reports!

Thank you!

Hi,

After few discussion with other members ( @Rom2BE) and research, it appears that right after a crash like the ones we are talking about, when we compare the war.log and the game.log (in folder Paradox/Imperator/log), we realised that it's always related to rebellion's end, annexion of the last territory of a rebellion or something like that.
I personally tried three times : two times with two of my games (crashing just after a rebellion somewhere desseapper) and the third was with a saved game from another player, posted on the forum, crashing after a rebellion problem (according to the war.log and game.log).

I put attached the saved-game in question. Maybe the crash that happens, very soon in the game (always few years, around 450-458), is somehow liked to the "extension of a rebellion"...

If it can help. :)
good luck to I:R team fixing this bug

Attachments

• autosave.rome
    6,9 MB · Views: 0
  • Epire.rome
    7 MB · Views: 0
  • game.log
    33,1 KB · Views: 0
  • Sparte.rome
    6,8 MB · Views: 0
  • war.log
    18,6 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture d’écran 2020-05-28 à 19.23.26.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-05-28 à 19.23.26.png
    3 MB · Views: 0
Another reminder that this is a thread for performance issues, not crashes.

Another reminder that this is a thread for performance issues, not crashes.
Wait, I thought it was for crashes relating to performance as well?
if not, then where should I post?

Last edited: