• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bug in AGCEEP_Specific_Venice.eue:
Code:
event = {
	id = 326031
	trigger = {
		atwar = no
	}
	random = no
	country = VEN
	name = "EVENTNAME326031"
	desc = "EVENTHIST326031"
	style = 1

date = { day = 9 month = april year = 1468 }
	offset = 60
	deathdate = { day = 2 month = March year = 1605 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME326031A" #Let us have a true Independent attitude#
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -100 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 370 value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = innovative value = 1 } 
		command = { type = stability value = 2 }
		command = { type = badboy [COLOR=DarkOrange]which[/COLOR] = 2 }
		command = { type = missionaries value = -6 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME326031B" #Let us follow the rest#
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 24 value = 2 }
		command = { type = badboy [COLOR=DarkOrange]which[/COLOR] = -1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 370 value = -1 }
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = 100 }
		command = { type = population which = 370 value = -2000 }
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
	}
}
Should be value instead of which in badboy command.

For proper display of tooltips for actions in events, all following entries in text.csv should have \n at the end:
Code:
EE_WARSHIPS;Gain %d warships in %s;;;;;;;;;;9120
EE_WAR;War with %s.;;;;;;;;;;9121
EE_VP;%s%d victorypoints.;;;;;;;;;;9122
EE_VAS;Gain %s as vassals.;;;;;;;;;;9123
EE_TRIGGER;Trigger the '%s' Event.;;;;;;;;;;9124
EE_TRANSPORTS;Gain %d transports in %s;;;;;;;;;;9125
EE_TRADETECH;Trade Investment: %s%d;;;;;;;;;;9126
EE_TECH;Switch Technologygroup to %s;;;;;;;;;;9127
EE_TAG;Found the realms of %s;;;;;;;;;;9128
EE_STOCK;Create a national stockmarket.;;;;;;;;;;9129
EE_STABILITY;Stability: %s%d;;;;;;;;;;9130
EE_SMONARCH;Make %s forgotten!\n;;;;;;;;;;9131
EE_SLEEP;The '%s' Event will never occur.;;;;;;;;;;9132
EE_SLEADER;Forever lose the service of %s.\n;;;;;;;;;;9133
EE_SECEDE;Secede %s to %s.;;;;;;;;;;9134
EE_S_REL;State religion changed to %s.\n;;;;;;;;;;9135
EE_RRISK;Revoltrisk changed by %s%d for the next %d months.\n;;;;;;;;;;9136
EE_ROY;Gain a Royal Marriage with %s.\n;;;;;;;;;;9137
EE_REPUTATION;%s%d Badboy;;;;;;;;;;9138
EE_REMCORE;%s will no longer be your national province.\n;;;;;;;;;;9139
EE_RELATION;Relation with %s: %s%d;;;;;;;;;;9140
EE_RCOT;Lose Center of Trade in %s.;;;;;;;;;;9141
EE_R_REVOLT;Revolt in %s.;;;;;;;;;;9142
EE_R_CUL;Lose %s as a state culture.\n;;;;;;;;;;9143
EE_POP;Population in %s: %s%d;;;;;;;;;;9144
EE_P_TAX;Basic Taxvalue in %s:  %s%d;;;;;;;;;;9145
EE_P_RR;Revoltrisk in %s:  %s%d;;;;;;;;;;9146
EE_P_REL;%s converts to %s.;;;;;;;;;;9147
EE_P_MINE;Mine in %s: %s%d;;;;;;;;;;9148
EE_P_MIL;Monarchs military skill changed by %d for the next %d months.\n;;;;;;;;;;9149
EE_P_MAN;Manpower in %s: %s%d;;;;;;;;;;9150
EE_P_DIP;Monarchs diplomatic skill changed by %d for the next %d months.\n;;;;;;;;;;9151
EE_P_CUL;Culture in %s changed to %s;;;;;;;;;;9152
EE_P_ADM;Monarchs administrative skill changed by %d for the next %d months.\n;;;;;;;;;;9153
EE_NAVALTECH;Naval Investment: %s%d;;;;;;;;;;9154
EE_NATIVE;Native Agressivenes in %s set to level %d;;;;;;;;;;9155
EE_N_REVOLT;Revolt in %s.;;;;;;;;;;9156
EE_MONARCH;Make %s the leader of your country.;;;;;;;;;;9157
EE_MISSIONARY;Missionaries: %s%d;;;;;;;;;;9158
EE_MERCHANT;Merchants: %s%d;;;;;;;;;;9159
EE_MANPOWER;Manpower: %s%d;;;;;;;;;;9160
EE_LOSE_MANU;Lose Manufactory in %s;;;;;;;;;;9161
EE_LOSE_BUILDING;Lose %s in %s;;;;;;;;;;9162
EE_LOAN;Size of loans will now be %d$\n;;;;;;;;;;9163
EE_LEADER;Gain the service of %s.;;;;;;;;;;9164
EE_LANDTECH;Land Investment: %s%d;;;;;;;;;;9165
EE_INHERIT;Inherit the realms of %s.;;;;;;;;;;9166
EE_INFRATECH;Infra Investment: %s%d;;;;;;;;;;9167
EE_INFLATION;Inflation: %s%d;;;;;;;;;;9168
EE_INFANTRY;Gain %d infantry in %s.;;;;;;;;;;9169
EE_INDY;Grant Independence to %s;;;;;;;;;;9170
EE_HERETICS;Heresy in %s;;;;;;;;;;9171
EE_GALLEYS;Gain %d galleys in %s;;;;;;;;;;9172
EE_GAIN_MANU;Gain manufactory in %s;;;;;;;;;;9173
EE_GAIN_BUILDING;Gain a %s in %s;;;;;;;;;;9174
EE_FORT;Fortress in %s: %s%d;;;;;;;;;;9175
EE_FLAG_6;Use Union Jack;;;;;;;;;;9176
EE_FLAG_5;Use the Tricolor.;;;;;;;;;;9177
EE_FLAG_4;Disable Treaty of Tordesillas.\r\nReduce the effect of Religion.;;;;;;;;;;9178
EE_FLAG_3;Enable Counter-reform Catholicism.;;;;;;;;;;9179
EE_FLAG_2;Enable Reformed religion;;;;;;;;;;9180
EE_FLAG_1;Enable Protestant religion;;;;;;;;;;9181
EE_FLAG_0;Enable Treaty of Tordesillas rules.;;;;;;;;;;9182
EE_EXPLORER;Gain explorer in %s.;;;;;;;;;;9183
EE_DIPLOMAT;Diplomats: %s%d;;;;;;;;;;9184
EE_DESERTIONS;Lose %d men in %s.;;;;;;;;;;9185
EE_COT;Center of Trade created in %s.;;;;;;;;;;9186
EE_CONVERTED;%s converts to the state religion.;;;;;;;;;;9187
EE_CONQUISTADOR;Gain conquistador in %s.;;;;;;;;;;9188
EE_COLONIST;Colonists: %s%d;;;;;;;;;;9189
EE_CB;Gain a casusbelli against %s for %d months.\n;;;;;;;;;;9190
EE_CAVALRY;Gain %d cavalry in %s;;;;;;;;;;9191
EE_CASH;%s%d$;;;;;;;;;;9192
EE_CAPITAL;Move national capital to %s.;;;;;;;;;;9193
EE_C_REVOLT;Revolt in %s.;;;;;;;;;;9194
EE_BVAS;Vassalisation with %s broken.;;;;;;;;;;9195
EE_BROY;Royal Marriage with %s broken.;;;;;;;;;;9196
EE_BANK;Create a national bank.;;;;;;;;;;9197
EE_ARTILLERY;Gain %d artillery in %s;;;;;;;;;;9198
EE_ALL;Alliance with %s.;;;;;;;;;;9199
EE_ADDCORE;%s will be considered one of your national provinces.;;;;;;;;;;9200
EE_A_CUL;Gain %s as a state culture.\n;;;;;;;;;;9201

In the 100 year war sequence as England, many of the events cause you to break truces.

Also, in the event that causes The Loire Valey offensive it caused two DOWs against the same alliance, severely harming BB and stability.

The events 1000048 till 100056, the events that cede english territories in france to france when they lose control, trigger not on france controlling them, but on England not controlling them. This way if someone conquers an english province in france, it is ceded to france immediately.

sabular said:
The events 1000048 till 100056, the events that cede english territories in france to france when they lose control, trigger not on france controlling them, but on England not controlling them. This way if someone conquers an english province in france, it is ceded to france immediately.
Good point

Reported from PM:
sturmvogel said:
Yodamaster,
I don't know if you've been following the discussion on the Portugal and West Africa thread at http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4897734#post4897734, but Norrefeldt had a really good idea to move Fernando Po from the Cameroon group in province.csv to the Gold group. This should prevent the AI from bogging down in the provinces like Kribi that it had no historical interest in while focusing the AI on colonizing Fernando Po as it historically did. I'd really like to see this incorporated into 1.40 if possible.

Jason
It could (should?) be a submission.

province.csv could be tweaked for Antilles too. Let me know the exact change(s).

Dunno if it's already been mentioned by someone else, but there's an oversight in the Hussite wars event chain.

Basically, I won the Hussite wars and proclaimed the Hussite republic. I saved and reloaded straight away, only to see that Saxony, Bavaria and Austria all had gotten events declaring that the Hussites were crushed and changing their religion back to catholicism. That sucked big time for me.

The victory of the "reformed" Hussites should sleep the Hussites-are-gone-and-we're-catholics-again events.

The Phoenix said:
Dunno if it's already been mentioned by someone else, but there's an oversight in the Hussite wars event chain.

Basically, I won the Hussite wars and proclaimed the Hussite republic. I saved and reloaded straight away, only to see that Saxony, Bavaria and Austria all had gotten events declaring that the Hussites were crushed and changing their religion back to catholicism. That sucked big time for me.

The victory of the "reformed" Hussites should sleep the Hussites-are-gone-and-we're-catholics-again events.
Already reported and fixed for next version. See here for list of corrections and changes of next version (in progress).

This one is:
-fixed BRA_132601, BAY_125601, HAB_179601, SAC_273601 and U16_319601 if Hussites formed Bohemia

Event 285700 the commissioning of El Escorial, about the building of a new palace in madrid should not happen if the capital was not moved there. Event 285700 and 285701 (El Escorial stands in unearthly beauty) should be slept if option b is chosen in event 285015 or 285016 (moving the capital for a castile and aragon based spain respectively)

According to wikipedia the House of Este:
All later generations of the Italian branch descend from Fulco d'Este. From 1171 on, his descendants were titled Margraves of Este. Obizzo I (d. 1193), the first margrave, battled against Emperor Frederick I Barbarossa. His nephew Azzo d'Este VI (1170-1212) became podesta of Mantova and Verona. Ferrara was acquired by his son Azzo VII (1205-1264). Obizzo II (d. 1293) was proclaimed Lord of Ferrara in 1264, Lord of Modena 1288 and Lord of Reggio 1289. Ferrara being a papal fief, the Este family were given papal vicar position 1332.

Ferrara became a significant center of culture under Niccolò d'Este III (1384-1441) and his successors, notably Leonello (1407-1450) and Borso (1413-1471). Borso was elevated to Duke of Modena and Reggio by Emperor Frederick III in 1452 and in return received these duchies as imperial fiefs. In 1471 he received the duchy of Ferrara as papal fief from Pope Paul II.

Since the Este family had only the title of Marquis of Este (Este was a Venetian possession since 1405!) it implies the following modifications:
Code:
# Modena #

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 07520 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1393
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 20
		month = august
		year = 1441
	}
	name = "Nic[COLOR=Yellow]c[/COLOR]olò III [COLOR=Yellow]d'Este[/COLOR]"
	DIP = 6
	MIL = 4
	ADM = 7
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 07521 }
	startdate = {
		day = 20
		month = august
		year = 1441
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 1
		month = october
		year = 1450
	}
	name = "Leonello [COLOR=Yellow]d'Este[/COLOR]"
	DIP = 9
	MIL = 6
	ADM = 7
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 07522 }
	startdate = {
		day = 1
		month = october
		year = 1450
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 20
		month = august
		year = 1471
	}
	name = "Borso"
	DIP = 7
	MIL = 5
	ADM = 6
	[COLOR=Yellow]remark = "Imperial Duke of Modena and Reggio in 1452, Papal Duke of Ferrara in 1471"[/COLOR]
}
those monarchs are taken from vanilla monarchs.par, so I don't know if some modifications to the stats have been made...

niceta said:
Another info: in my last game OE conquered the Knight in 1450 but noone event fires to give 'em the isle of malta.
Do you have cancel it?
No, the event is still there, both for ARG and SPA if they own Malta. But there's a B option in both events, so it wont always happen.

oK thanks
but the bug i reported abourt DAU - FRA - BUR?

niceta said:
oK thanks
but the bug i reported abourt DAU - FRA - BUR?
You better re-post it here, since it might gt lost otherwise.

Another thing, that I discovered in an AAR for on of the Hordes. The random event "Enforcement of Jizya" is triggered for sunnis in Asia, but is only ment for South Asian countries with large Hindu populations:
desc = "Islam in South Asia often dropped or did not enforce the imposition of Jizya, a tax on Zimmis, non-believers who are protected by the state. Instead, in order to smooth relations with the dominantly Hindu populations, they classified them as Musta'min, protected non-Muslims exempt from Jizya. In history, however, there was always a movement from conservative factions to impose Jizya. Imposing it would bring revolts, and refusing to do so would build trust with the Hindu community, while losing it with elements of the Islamic elite."
The trigger need to be changed somehow, since it doesn't make sense for several states in Central Asia and the Middle East. I don't know what the best way to do this is, either: a list of appropiate countries, or few nested provincereligion (province -1) triggers within an OR statement, that have a good chance to trigger if there are enough hindu provinces. I prefer the latter, since the list of countries will need updating, and also take into consideration of there are no or very few Hindu provinces.

Last edited:
So
Just an info
In the early years of the game (i play as austria) ENG claim the FRA throne but the BUR didn't accept this. In this case Ile de France have (at Charles VI death) the succession of the Dauphin. But Dauphinè already exist! We have FRA (just Ile de France) and DAU (west FRA) and BUR.
After 10 years ENG conquered FRA. And after 10 years DAU conquered Ile de France Piccardie and Calais, but france doesn't fire again.
We have France without France...
Any with the same problem?
I play wit mymap but the rules are the same

Norrefeldt said:
You better re-post it here, since it might gt lost otherwise.

Another thing, that I discovered in an AAR for on of the Hordes. The random event "Enforcement of Jizya" is triggered for sunnis in Asia, but is only ment for South Asian countries with large Hindu populations:
The trigger need to be changed somehow, since it doesn't make sense for several states in Central Asia and the Middle East. I don't know what the best way to do this is, either: a list of appropiate countries, or few nested provincereligion (province -1) triggers within an OR statement, that have a good chance to trigger if there are enough hindu provinces. I prefer the latter, since the list of countries will need updating, and also take into consideration of there are no or very few Hindu provinces.
Or we could go and use the null continient and divide asia in two.

There is a problem with JUT tag (Jaunpur) : no leaders, no monarchs, no events and missing information in text.csv (JUT_DESC to be added with " " at least). wad?

Last edited:
sabular said:
Both event 186023 and 186024 (the founding of the universities of Leiden and Franeker) currently happen in 16xx, they should happen in 15XX.
Here are the events:
Code:
#Founding of the university of Leiden#
event = {
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 339 data = -1 } #Holland#
	}
	id = 186023
	random = no
	country = HOL
	name = "Foundation of the university of Leiden"
	desc = "In order to train the nobility, educate office-holders for the government and provide preachers for the public church, but also to provide a major center of learning in the humanist arts a university was needed. In February [COLOR=DarkOrange]1675[/COLOR] at Leiden the university was founded. This was the first university in the Netherlands north of the rivers and would become one of the major center of learning in Europe during the 17th century attracting renowned scholars and scientist."
	style = 2

date = { day = 1 month = february year = 1675 }
	offset = 10
	deathdate = { day = 28 month = february year = 1675 }

action_a = {
		name = "Found the university"
		command = { type = treasury value = -100 }
		command = { type = diplomats value = 3 }
		command = { type = missionaries value = 3 }
		command = { type = infra value = 250 }
		command = { type = vp value = 50 }
		}
	action_b = {
		name = "No, we need the funds for more urgent affairs"
		command = { type = infra value = -250 }
		command = { type = vp value = -50 }
		}
	}

#Founding of the university at Franeker#
event = {
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 337 data = -1 } #Friesland#
	}
	id = 186024
	random = no
	country = HOL
	name = "Foundation of the university at Franeker"
	desc = "In 1585 it was decided that another university was needed. The site for this second university was the Frisian town of Franeker, where they started teaching in [COLOR=DarkOrange]1685[/COLOR]. Despite a slow start in the first years the university gained momentum in the last decade of the 16th century. The university remained second to Leiden in the Netherlands, but still had many eminant professors including the great physician Boerhaave."
	style = 2

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1685 }
	offset = 10
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = january year = 1685 }

action_a = {
		name = "Found the university"
		command = { type = treasury value = -75 }
		command = { type = diplomats value = 2 }
		command = { type = missionaries value = 2 }
		command = { type = infra value = 200 }
		command = { type = vp value = 50 }
		}
	action_b = {
		name = "No, we need the funds for more urgent affairs"
		command = { type = infra value = -200 }
		command = { type = vp value = -50 }
		}
	}
=> 1575 for university of Leiden (according to offical site)
And Obviously there is a problem in desc of HOL_186024 => 1585

Desc, dates and deathdates to be corrected for both events.

Good point!