• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1.38 Deluxe

Norrefeldt said:
AFAIK it was confirmed (I will try it myself), but we still have a lot of the "value" version around. If it is a bug, we should remember it for the next version.
It's a bug. Fixed in forecoming 1.39 for all events. Remember: here.

Within the past month, I downloaded the latest EUII patch and then followed the instructions and downloaded and successfully installed the latest AGCEEP version, never having had an earlier one installed (if you don't count EEP). It runs fine. My Windows based PC uses the XP operating system. I have scanned the posts so far in this thread and don't think this is a repeat.

Summary: Couldn't move an additional force into join a siege already in progress in Venice.

Description: Playing as the Ottoman Empire I was at war with the Order of St. John in the late 1510's and early 1520's. Venice was their ally and I was at war with them as well. I had an army of about 35,000 (mixed infantry and cavalry) besieging the province of Venice. The information was showing it was expected to fall in about 6 months, but the previous time I had successfully besieged Venice it took much longer than expected so I wanted to try hurry the process along somewhat by adding a few more troops and, more importantly, a better leader (the one with the crown, my current monarch) to the besieging forces. He was in an adjacent province, but would not accept an order to move in with about 4,000 cavalry or with a larger force that also included about 10,000 infantry.

Silly Hypothesis: Maybe the tide was in and the approaches were blocked? I tried moving a fleet to the nearest sea zone to make sure that it wasn't treating it like a strait. I also tried ordering the land forces to another province and then to Venice, but neither approach worked.

Result: I just waited it out and Venice enventually fell to the siege, so I proposed peace separately with Venice (getting its last two non-capital provinces), then annexed the Order of St. John, to conclude the war, getting Rhodes. The Order of St. John promptly reappeared in Malta, which was formerly Spanish. I will probably want to conquer Venice one last time, so this is of interest for later in the game, but it is mostly just to report it to you, as I appreciate the work done by all who have contributed.

Why couldn't I move some additional forces into the besieged province? In other sieges (in other provinces) I have have been able to do so.

This is clearly not an AGCEEP bug.
The uniqueness of Venice in latest patchs is that it is treated like an island with a strait, even if it does not look like that in the map. You cannot start crossing a strait if there are enemy ships present in the sea zone. Clearly the game believed you could not start crossing the strait. Wether there were enemy ships or not in the sea zone that is the most likely explanation. Straits give a lot of bugs. Sometimes armies that have lost a battle and retire through a strait get stuck inside it and never reach the other side, slowly attriting. It has happened to me twice.

Trantor said:
Dunno if it has been posted before, but the Prussua event 3517 should start an Brandenburd event 3636, but the latter doesn't seem to exist.
Thanks. It is a known problem: post #59 and following in this thread.

Change date of ARG 111020 from 19 June 1468 to 19 June 1469. It was triggering the marriage of Isabel before the Pacts of Guisando when it should be the opposite.

Exchange the texts in ACTIONNAME285074A and ACTIONNAME285074B in text.csv. Option A should be support the sepherds.

Also in text.csv, change a "%" for a "percent" in EVENTHIST24006 as it makes funny things with the text.

Last edited:
Playing as Milan.

The first Milanese event, which triggers off an Aragonese event, has Genoa offer vassalage to Milan in 1420.

Genoa declared war on Milan before the event fired. Then the event fired, meaning that Genoa, attacking Milan, offered to be my vassal. The war went on for several years, during which time it remained my vassal. Had it won the war, this would still have been the case, although I won the war and captured Corsica.

The original event perhaps needs an additional trigger:

NOT = { war = { country = GEN country = MLO } }

or else an ai-only event that cancels the vassalage should Genoa and Milan be at war together any point between 1419 and 1430.

Have a great day.

may have been reported before (but the search engine... you know the drill)

I managed to "claim the crown of Saint Louis" (event 1000064, I think) as Burgundy... so I would have become France.

Problem is, France already EXISTS, and that was not because I released them to mess things up.

England went for a lenient treaty of Troyes (only wanting Normandy and Gascogne), I think that caused the problem (though it might be something else, though I'm not sure what then)
Might also have been the treaty of Arras, though that sounds less likely.

Now France has "Philippe VII le Bon"... but that's my king :eek:o