• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just thought I'd report that some of the graphics are screwed up in my game. Don't know if it's my install or what.
Flags & shields of countries such as Lithuania, The Knights, Lorraine, amongst others appear squashed up with a black box below them.

It seems that my Courlandian monarchs and leaders files from some reasons were not included (may be just somebody forgot them?); so I am afraid the events will not work properly (and even could produce problem as there are two succession events)

Herr Doctor said:
It seems that my Courlandian monarchs and leaders files from some reasons were not included (may be just somebody forgot them?); so I am afraid the events will not work properly (and even could produce problem as there are two succession events)
Oh, it seems that I just wrongly installed it. :eek:o So it works good :)

The bug with wrongly awake Hungarian and Bohemian monarchs is still in :(

Hundred Years War bugs

"We've lost the loyalty of Normady for good" happened to England twice in my game. Normandy is also spelled wrong in the title.

Also, the "Normandy is ravaged by war" happened to England, even though they didn't own Normandy at the time (the Dauphin won it from them early, but lost it later).

I'm not sure if it's a bug or WAD, but England granted Burgundy champagne, even though Dauphiné owned it at the time.

Since Provence lost Maine by event to England while Provence itself was occupied by Savoy, it ceased to exist very early on in the war. Thus, it came as a surprise to have the "Anjou is restored to Rene I" event happen to me - but not as much of a surprise when Rene found himself in Languedoc without Anjou. Either the wording of the event needs to be changed ("France returns land to Rene I"?) or the event structure does - Maine stayed in French hands.

Last edited:
Crimea should be blue - If Shirvan conflicts, give Shirvan a different colour.

I don't know if this is an AGCEEP bug or not, but I've only noticed it since loading 1.38.

Castille routinely keeps a large army (38,000 recently) on guard...in the Cantabrian sea. They don't seem to be supported by a navy. They're just sitting there. I have no idea how they got there, but they're there.

Impossible 01.gif

Last edited:
dharper said:
I don't know if this is an AGCEEP bug or not, but I've only noticed it since loading 1.38.

Castille routinely keeps a large army (38,000 recently) on guard...in the Cantabrian sea. They don't seem to be supported by a navy. They're just sitting there. I have no idea how they got there, but they're there.

Thanks, YodaMaster.

I came here to post the same thing as dharper! I have a picture too:
i503_Image1.jpg

It's from the Grand Campaign scenario.

Since there's no army within the Cantabria province boundaries, maybe the army icon display point for that province got moved to the sea like this. I'm using the Deluxe version, so it could have something to do with the edited map.

Also, although the Scotland-Ireland strait is supposedly removed, and the rocks aren't there, I see the AI moving armies back and forth in that area without using ships, as if the strait was functional. I checked the adj-defs.csv and EXPadj-defs.csv files in the AGCEEP/MAP folder and the strait in question was commented out with a #. I don't know much about modding, so I don't know where else to look.

One more thing: I saw a message saying that some guy named ANARCHY was named Holy Roman Emperor. I forgot what country he was from, but it was a legitimate country in the game.

Last edited:
Armandeus said:
One more thing: I saw a message saying that some guy named ANARCHY was named Holy Roman Emperor. I forgot what country he was from, but it was a legitimate country in the game.
Anarchy is a pseudo monarch for Bohemia in troubled times (interregnum from 1439 to 1446). It works like a regular monarch and, alas, can be elected Emperor, if Bohemia has very good relations with electors.
Btw, there is another "Anarchy" for Morocco.

For Cantabria (port and castilian culture in 1.38), the problem is in AGCEEP/db/province.csv
Edit with Notepad and replace line 431 with:
Code:
431;Cantabria;coastal;catholic;iberian;0;0;3;0;0;0;6;9;1;0;0;0;0;0;NAVS;0;1;0;0;0;0;0;0;9050;2212;9005;2196;9070;2190;8969;2197;920;8985;2282;3;8922;2277;2;8945;2247;0;-100;-100;0;Iberia;Southern Europe;Europe;Bilbao;0;0;0;0;8980;2248;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1;-1
Be carefull to not include spaces automatically added in the forum ( :mad: ):
1) between "0" and ";"
2) between "90" and "05"
3) between "2" and "277"

YodaMaster said:
Can you be more specific? Year, monarch(s)...
Whenever you start hungary in 1520, you still get Janos II. Zapolya instead of a proper Jagiellon king.

Armandeus said:
Also, although the Scotland-Ireland strait is supposedly removed, and the rocks aren't there, I see the AI moving armies back and forth in that area without using ships, as if the strait was functional. I checked the adj-defs.csv and EXPadj-defs.csv files in the AGCEEP/MAP folder and the strait in question was commented out with a #. I don't know much about modding, so I don't know where else to look.
I don't think using # in .csv files is a very good idea. It gives odd results. The lines should have been deleted entirely.

One more thing: I saw a message saying that some guy named ANARCHY was named Holy Roman Emperor.
:rofl:

Third Angel said:
I don't think using # in .csv files is a very good idea. It gives odd results. The lines should have been deleted entirely.

The # marks were in the straits.csv file. The entries were not present in the other files I mentioned. Doesn't the straits file simply indicate where the little rock graphics show? I went ahead and deleted the lines with the #. I will try the game and see what happens.