• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ribbon22 said:
Aegnor said:
** All these events can't be fired because they haven't a startdate and they aren't triggered by an another event.

1000174 in AGCEEP_HYW_England.eue
MY event doesn't have this problem...I'll post it just in case...

#Nivernais is granted to Burgundy (Before Amiens)

event = {
id = 1000174
random = no
country = ENG

trigger = {
event = 1000008 #The Treaty of Troyes ->FRA
owned = { province = 386 data = ENG }
NOT = {
OR = {
war = { country = ENG country = BUR }
event = 1000116 #Proposal at Amiens
}
}
}
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
offset = 10
deathdate = { day = 31 month = december year = 1423 }

name = "Nivernais is Granted to Burgundy"
desc = "English policy in the heart of France was to leave the Duke of Burgundy, who had the most influence in the region, as the de facto ruler. The Regency of Henry VI would now confirm his status, officially legitimizing the status quo. The English still required the Duke's support in order to preserve the Treaty of Troyes, and confirming Burgundy's role in this new era was a necessary step ."

action_a = {
name = "Hand the region to Burgundy"
command = { type = secedeprovince which = BUR value = 386 } #Nivernais
command = { type = relation which = BUR value = 15 }
}
}
Sure, there isn't any problem with your event, but I have again downloaded the Deluxe version (to be sure to have the last version), and I haven't the date, offset and deathdate line...

ribbon22 said:
Aegnor said:
1000034 in AGCEEP_HYW_France.eue
1000036 in AGCEEP_HYW_France.eue
1000037 in AGCEEP_HYW_France.eue
These are noted in the file...they're there in case anyone wants to handle Joan of Arc in a conservative way :D
Not in the last Deluxe version. All these events aren't noted...

I have based all my tests in using the Deluxe version that is proposed in download. Do you play with base version ?

WAR OF SUCCESSION IN NAPLES -> Angevin Approach

In one of my games it occurred following:
after PRO262005 "the inheritance of Naples" triggered NAP239009 "the battle over Naples" France happened to annex Provence.
It happened that Naples no more vassallized by Provence and with Renatus (should be corrected in Renato or René d'Angiò) on the throne, without having been vassalized by event by Aragon (remember that Provence doesn't exist, so PRO262009 and PRO262010 can't be fired and can't fire ARG111014 "Aragon vassalizes Naples" and NAP239010 "the battle over Naples") receive, after René's death, Alfonso I as king.
Alfonso I remained on the throne well after 1458 even if his timelimit was 27 june 1458!
For sure it is due to the fact that the Trestamara kings were all slept except him by event (NAP239009) and the first King of Lorraine Vaudemont is René II in 1480!!!!! So Alfonso lives more then 22 years over historical age...I could arrive only until 1461 because Aragon forceannexed Naples...

In fact according to what happened-> last vassalization was to Provence, Naples should have Angevins Kings from 1435 to the game's end!!

According to this http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4467926&postcount=57 I think we have only those solutions:
in monarchs.nap
1-using a modified non dormant monarch n. 06731 René d'Anjou 1442-1480 as shown after;
2-putting monarchs n. 06732 (Alfonso I) dormant and the following Trastamara Kings for the period until 1480!

in agceep_specific_naples
- if monarch n. 06731 (René) is modified as non dormant and 06732 (Alfonso I) is non dormant (that monarch will go to the throne for the timelimit assigned and then the next monarch if any left awake will follow for the remaining time otherwise Alfonso will die only in 1480) -> add a sleepmonarch 06732 (Alfonso I) in event NAP239009
OTHERWISE
- if 06731 (René) is non dormant and 06732 (Alfonso I) is dormant -> add command wakemonarch 06732 (Alfonso I) in event NAP3660_b.

(note that NAP239010 has a wakemonarch 06732 command in it, the sleepcommand in action_* is unnecessary because unmodified 07631 neither can be slept if the monarch is already living nor can sleep the monarch no. 06732 (deathdate in 06731 is the same as the startdate in 06732!).

Code:
#-----------------------------------------------------#
# Alternative Kings of Naples                         #
#   - the House of Anjou                              #

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 05413 }
	startdate = {
		day = 3
		month = july
		year = 1442
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 10
		month = july
		year = 1480
	}
	name = "Renatus di Anjou"
	DIP = 8
	MIL = 5
	ADM = 6
	dormant = yes
}
should be REMOVED FROM MONARCHS.NAP and the following MONARCH should be used only:

Code:
# Anjou kings of Naples

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 06731 }
	startdate = {
		day = 2
		month = february
		year = 1435
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 3 
		month = june
		year = 1442
	}
	name = "Renatus di Anjou"
	DIP = 8
	MIL = 5
	ADM = 6
}

That monarch should be also NON-DORMANT and with deathdate lengthened from 3 june 1442 to 10 july 1480.
In that way if Alfonso I of Aragon (NAP monarch n. 06732) is woken up by event he will automatically exclude René 06731!

Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 06731 }
	startdate = {
		day = 2
		month = february
		year = 1435
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 10 
		month = july
		year = 1480
	}
	name = "Renato d'Angiò"
	DIP = 8
	MIL = 5
	ADM = 6
}
The modifications can work only if PRO exists, otherwise Naples can only have an Angevin dinasty, independently if Aragon vassalize Naples or not. If Aragon force-annexes Naples and then Naples is made independent after 1458, The Trastamara kings like Ferrante I (monarch n. 06733 the follower of Alfonso I) would be awake because they are non-dormant by default!

the problem is an independence of Naples (also from Aragon) between 1442 and 1458 in which, if my proposal is accepted, René of Anjou ( the modified nap monarch n. 06731) remains as a non-dormant default monarch, but since Aragon cannot vassalize by event (PRO doesn't exist in 1442) they can only force-annex Naples and then use the default Trastamara kings if Naples is released!

The following event is better suited for my modified Renato d'Angiò, in which Alfonso I sleeps him taking the throne and when Alfonso I is dead a woken up Ferrante I should avoid Renato d'Angiò to take back the throne.

Code:
#The battle over Naples (1442)#
event = {

id = 239010 #Trigged by PRO262009/262010
	random = no
	country = NAP
	name = "The battle over Naples"
	desc = "Following pressure from Aragon and their supporters in Naples, king René has relinquished the crown of Naples and accepted the Aragonese claim."
	style = 1

action_a ={
		name = "So be it..."	
		command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 06731 } #René I
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 06732 } #Alfonso I
	}
}
IMO and in order to work perfectly that event needs to neutralize the event NAP239010 waking up all the Trastamara Kings slept and sleeping again all the Angevins dormant by default !

The whole problem could be solved in a SIMPLER way but VERY DETERMINISTIC-> Aragon/Spain oriented:

If PRO desn't exist in year 1442 there should be a NAP event which neutralizes NAP239009 in the other way around (waking up the slept Trestramara monarchs and sleeping the Angevins monarchs) and triggers ARG111014, "ARG vassalizes NAP"!!!

I have to discuss also about that event which follows in the timeline the events PRO262005 and PRO262006 both firing in 1442:

Code:
#Anjou is Returned to Duke Rene I

event = {
id = 170032
random = no
country = FRA

trigger = {
event = 2200008 #Bedford is Granted the Duchy Lands of Anjou ->ENG
owned = { province = 412 data = FRA }
control = { province = 412 data = FRA }
atwar = no
}
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1445 }
offset = 60
deathdate = { day = 31 month = december year = 1450 }

name = "Anjou is Returned to Duke Rene I"
desc = "Having recovered the heartland of Anjou's estates, Charles VII rewarded his long time ally and friend Duke Rene I of Anjou and restored to him his estates in Anjou and Maine"

action_a = {
name = "Grant Rene I his lands as agreed"
command = { type = independence which = PRO }
command = { type = trigger which = 262031 } #Maine and Anjou are Recovered! ->PRO
}
}
That event needs to have the same commands written in PRO262005 and PRO262006 i.e. vassalization of NAP and addition of the cores on Naples, Apulia, Sicily and Messina and more alliance between PRO and NAP.
As I pointed out before, René d'Anjou should be a DEFAULT King of Naples from 1435 to 1480 and he being also Duke of Provence, a NAP vassal and allied to PRO is warmly needed!

EDIT: my suggestions posted in Italy thread 644,671 and 677 and vassal-breakvassal thread...

Last edited:
As Garbon said in post 97, the file EuropeIndia.eue is not loaded by any scenario.

But you have also the file AGCEEP_Specific_Samarkand.eue that isn't loaded by any scenario.
As it is a new file from 1.38, I think it should be loaded. Or shoudn't ?

Timurid event 296616:
"Abû Sa`id had been living in the court of Ulugh Beg and in 1449 attempted to seize the throne. Failing, he later tried to seize Bukhara, another failure which ended in his imprisonment. However, upon the assaisnation of `Abd al-Latîf, he was released and proclaimed ruler by the nobles and clergy of Samarkand. In June of 1451, with the help of Abul Khayr, he defeated the forces of `Abd Allâh Mîrzâ. Sa`id lavished Khayr with gifts, including Ûlûgh Beg's daughter in marriage."
Assassination spelled wrong. Besides, a small help to the reader who these persons (`Abd al-Latîf, Abul Khayr, `Abd Allâh Mîrzâ) are would be very helpful.
The name Abû Sa`id is spelled in three different ways in events, leader and monarch files. Ferghana and Balkh have the same flags in deluxe, the shields differ.
Apart from these monor things, it's a very interesting ride, and I like the events so far.

Last edited:
Aegnor said:
As Garbon said in post 97, the file EuropeIndia.eue is not loaded by any scenario.

But you have also the file AGCEEP_Specific_Samarkand.eue that isn't loaded by any scenario.
As it is a new file from 1.38, I think it should be loaded. Or shoudn't ?

No, AGCEEP_Specific_Samarkand.eue should not be loaded. Its only present in the deluxe version as I forgot to delete it out. That file should be deleted.

Norrefeldt said:
Timurid event 296616:
Assassination spelled wrong. Besides, a small help to the reader who these persons (`Abd al-Latîf, Abul Khayr, `Abd Allâh Mîrzâ) are would be very helpful.
The name Abû Sa`id is spelled in three different ways in events, leader and monarch files. Ferghana and Balkh have the same flags in deluxe, the shields differ.
Apart from these monor things, it's a very interesting ride, and I like the events so far.

'Abd al-Latîf and `Abd Allâh Mîrzâ are two short lived Timurid monarchs before Abû Sa`id. Abul Khayr should be re-introduced though, as with the addition of Khiva, its very unlikely that the Timurids will get the Uzbeks On the Offensive event, that used to introduce him (rule of Uzbeks till 1468ish).

It looks as though I forgot to copy over the new Balkh flag.

There is a problem with Burgundy about Friesland in 1515. Burgundy "can't" inherit FRI or province 337 because, at the start of the sequence, Meissen U1622007 trigger requires 339 (Holland) to be owned by Austria. Since Austria only vassalizes Burgundy, it is almost impossible for this condition to be met (leftover of previous versions?). Bugfix for U1622007 (changes in gold):
Code:
#The sale of Friesland# 
event = { 
	id = 22007 
	random = no 
	country = U16
	name = "EVENTNAME22007" 
	desc = "EVENTHIST22007"
	style = 1 
	trigger = {
		[COLOR=gold]OR = {
			owned = { province = 339 data = HAB } #Holland 
			AND = {
				owned = { province = 339 data = BUR } #Holland 
				vassal = { country = HAB country = BUR }
			}
		}[/COLOR]
		OR = {
			vassal = { country = [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]SAC[/COLOR] country = FRI }
			owned = { province = 337 data = -1 }
		}
	}

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1515 } 
	offset = 25 
	deathdate = { day = 2 month = february year = 1515 } 

action_a = { 
		name = "ACTIONNAME22007A" 
		command = { type = relation which = BUR value = 50 } 
		command = { type = trigger which = 22008 } 
	} 
	action_b = { 
		name = "ACTIONNAME22007B" 
		command = { type = relation which = BUR value = -50 } 
	} 
}
EDIT: I don't know why FRI should be vassal of SAC (Saxony). In this case, Meissen is not free with Friesland. Maybe this is a bug too. I suggest to replace SAC by U16

Last edited:
In AGCEEP_Specific_DaiViet.eue, event 65111 is tied to LUA tag (Luang Prabang) and can't fire because there is no date for this event and no event triggers it.

Luang Prabang seems to be used in AGCEEP (entry in country.csv and revolter from 1707 to 1820 in revolt.txt) and monarchs.lua is available but no events file.

EVENTNAME65111, EVENTHIST65111, ACTIONNAME65111A and ACTIONNAME65111B are in text.csv.
China add-on is involved too.

What is to be done with Luang Prabang and/or DAI65111?

Last edited:
In AGCEEP_Specific_BrandenBurg.eue, event 132013 "#The Bohemian throne" lack core for Ostmarch (description reworked because of missing spaces and changes in gold):
Code:
#The Bohemian throne
event = {
      id = 132013
      random = no
      country = BRA
      name = "The Bohemian throne"
      desc = "Jiriz Podiebrad, King of Bohemia, was an Utraquist, a member of the moderate wing of the heretic Hussite movement. Despite having promised to return to the catholic church and to suppress heresy in Bohemia to the Pope before his election, he openly favoured the Hussites and showed hardly any intention to abandon his faith. Pope Pius II, determined to fight Hussitism, condemned Podiebrad's heretic attitude more and more vocally and encouraged an uprising of the catholic nobility in 1465. In order to back the rebels and depose Podiebrad, Pius successor Paul II excommunicated the Bohemian King on December 23rd 1466, released all his subjects from their oaths of allegiance and searched for a reliably catholic prince who would drive him away and take the Bohemian throne. The first one to be offered the Bohemian crown was Friedrich II of Brandenburg. Being involved in a conflict for the succession in Pomerania-Stettin at the time and fearing the power of Jiriz Podiebrad, the elector refused."
      style = 1

action_a = {
                name = "Reject the pope's proposal"
                command = { type = stability value = 2 }
                command = { type = relation which = BOH value = 50 }
                command = { type = trigger which = 188119 } #HUN: The Bohemian throne
                command = { type = sleepevent which = 129015 } #BOH: Friedrich of Brandenburg proclaimed King
                  }
       action_b = {
                name = "Accept the offer and claim the Bohemian throne"
                command = { type = addcore which = 328 } [COLOR=gold]#Bohemia[/COLOR]
                command = { type = addcore which = 329 } [COLOR=gold]#Erz[/COLOR]
                command = { type = addcore which = 330 } [COLOR=gold]#Sudeten[/COLOR]
                command = { type = addcore which = 314 } [COLOR=gold]#Silesia[/COLOR]
                command = { type = addcore which = 315 } [COLOR=gold]#Moravia[/COLOR]
                [COLOR=gold]command = { type = addcore which = 327 } #Ostmarch[/COLOR]
                command = { type = war which = BOH }
                command = { type = treasury value = 100 }
                  }
}

YodaMaster said:
In AGCEEP_Specific_DaiViet.eue, event 65111 is tied to LUA tag (Luang Prabang) and can't fire because there is no date for this event and no event triggers it.

Luang Prabang seems to be used in AGCEEP (entry in country.csv and revolter from 1707 to 1820 in revolt.txt) and monarchs.lua is available but no events file.

EVENTNAME65111, EVENTHIST65111, ACTIONNAME65111A and ACTIONNAME65111B are in text.csv.
China add-on is involved too.

What is to be done with Luang Prabang and/or DAI65111?

Most of the the bugs I had reported, have an origin in the old EEP 1.4.2 or old AGC. This event 65111 do not exception :
In EEP, the event 65111 is triggered by the event 3903 (from major_vie.txt file) which was :
Code:
#The Succession Crisis#
event = {
	id = 3903
	trigger = {
		NOT = { exists = LUA }
		owned = { province = 1552 data = -1 }
	}
	random = no
	country = VIE
	name = "The Succession Crisis"
	desc = "Since the death of Nan T'arat, the succession has been disputed between our current monarch and his uncle King Kitsarat. 
It appears that the crisis is coming to a head, and now it appears that we must choose a course of action. What shall we do?"
	style = 4

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1706 }
	offset = 150
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1820 }

action_a = {  
		name = "Let them fight it out"
		command = { type = stability value = -3 }
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = -2 }
		command = { type = independence which = LUA }
		command = { type = trigger which = 65110 }
		command = { type = relation which = DAI value = 50 }
	}
	action_b ={        #Support the rightful heir#
		name = "Support the rightful heir"
		command = { type = stability value = -5 }
		command = { type = country which = LUA }
		command = { type = capital which = 1552 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 1551 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 24 value = 4 }
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 1 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 65111 }
	}
}

In EEP, the event 65111 was in relation with Vientiane (VIE), not Luang Prabang (LUA).
In EEP you had severals event for Vientiane and Luang Prabang. Maybe some of them could be reinserted in AGCEEP (or in China add-on).

Edit : it is hard to find details in the web about this succession crisis, but these are the most complete sites I have found :
http://www.san.beck.org/2-12-SoutheastAsia.html
http://www.clio.fr/CHRONOLOGIE/chronologie_Laos_L_unite_lao_souvent_menacee.asp (in french)
http://berclo.net/page00/00fr-sea-history.html (in french)
I hope

Last edited:
Replace old event wiht this one (ENG HYW file). Minor changes.

#Charles of Bourbon Swears Allegiance to Henry VI

event = {
id = 1000173
random = no
country = ENG
trigger = {
event = 131001 #Charles VI is Dead ->BOU
}
date = { day = 1 month = november year = 1422 }
deathdate = { day = 31 month = december year = 1422 }

name = "Charles of Bourbon Swears Allegiance to Henry VI"
desc = "Charles of Bourbon, son of the captive Duke Jean I of Bourbon in London, had unexpectedly sent emissaries to treat with the Duke of Bedford. Charles' apparently amicable disposition led to a series of negotiations that resulted in the release of his father, Jean. In return, Jean and his son and heir, Charles, were to perform homage to Henry VI. The Duke of Bourbon was reinvested with his Duchy. The Duke would pay a fee for his freedom, but he was granted his estates as an appanage with more or less a free hand in the governing of his lands. A clause requiring Henry VI's consent upon reaching his majority was inserted in order to protect the infant King's interests, but such an eventuality was a distant future. Provided Duke Jean and his son behaved themselves, Henry VI could reasonably be expected to confirm the status quo."

action_a = {
name = "Excellent !"
command = { type = stability value = 1 }
command = { type = treasury value = 25 }
command = { type = vassal which = BOU }
}
}

These changes are cosmetic...same file.

#We've lost Gascogne for good...

event = {
id = 1000152
random = no
country = ENG
trigger = {
atwar = no
NOT = {
event = 1000062 #English Final Victory ->ENG
OR = {
owned = { province = 424 data = -1 }
vassal = { country = ENG country = AQU }
}
}
}
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1451 }
deathdate = { day = 31 month = december year = 1483 }

name = "We've lost Gascogne for good..."
desc = "As the War of attrition in France dragged on, the foremost victims were the common people who lived off the land. The taxes, raids, counter raids and levies had tried and tested the people's tolerance for the harsh rule of the English Kings. It was clear that with the last English presence removed from the province, Gascogne was forever lost."

action_a = {
name = "Our claims fall on deaf ears..."
command = { type = removecore which = 424 }
}
}

#We've lost the Poitou for good...

event = {
id = 1000153
random = no
country = ENG
trigger = {
atwar = no
event = 1000100 #The Treaty of Orleans ->FRA
NOT = {
event = 1000062 #English Final Victory ->ENG
OR = {
owned = { province = 418 data = -1 }
vassal = { country = ENG country = AQU }
}
}
}
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1447 }
deathdate = { day = 31 month = december year = 1483 }

name = "We've lost Poitou for good..."
desc = "As the War of attrition in France dragged on, the foremost victims were the common people who lived off the land. The taxes, raids, counter raids and levies had tried and tested the people's tolerance for the harsh rule of the English Kings. It was clear that with the last English presence removed from the province, Poitou was forever lost."

action_a = {
name = "Our claims fall on deaf ears..."
command = { type = removecore which = 418 }
}
}

I don't know if this has already been said, but I just noticed it and thougt I'd tell you. As England I got the "remove core from Nivernais" event, but in the tooltip it said Caux is no longer a core province, instead of Nivernais.

Reported by Madrick with Deluxe version:
Playing Austria I now always get a ctd in about two years after reloading. It's 1567 oder 1568 by then and Netherlands just declared independence involving my ally France and me into a war.

As matelli stated in post #79:
Some provinces ids are identical in "minimum" and "extra" for Safavid Empire (PER) in revolt.ixt. Suppress 471 and 487 in extra of PER section.
Code:
PER = {
	date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1492 }
	expirydate = { day = 31 month = december year = 1820 }
	minimum = { 530 487 471 }
	extra = { 486 508 525 526 527 528 531 532 534 535 571 1529 1530 }
	capital = 487
	group = muslim
	ai = "Persia1.ai"
	culture = persian
	religion = shiite
	}

I'm not sure this will be of any help, because I am ignorant of all things computer-related, but a few bugs have crept up on me:

1) Occasionally during the start up screen, when the game is loading, the green bar will stop growing and there will be an error message (sometimes I just see a blank black box), which reads: Failed to load leader file. Or something like that. The options are "Retry" and "Ignore." I click "Ignore" and don't notice anything strange after that, except...

2) Usually once a campaign I receive a message about some Yoku... Shogonate being elected, even if I'm France or the like. I don't mind it so much because his ratings are all excellent. It's weird nevertheless.

3) The "Bink Video" in the beginning of the game is skewed to the left on my monitor. It's always done this (even via the original EUII, which I've re-installed before), and is also weird. I imagine this is a computer-related issue, however.

SG-

The Barbarossas

Playing the Ottomans, in 1510 I get an event titled 'The Barbarossas' that offers the exicting choice between options with names 'ACTIONNAME50024A', 'ACTIONNAME50024B' and 'ACTIONNAME50024C'.

Henk
PS Not sure whether this was reported before since searching seems to be disabled.

SirGrotius said:
I'm not sure this will be of any help, because I am ignorant of all things computer-related, but a few bugs have crept up on me:

1) Occasionally during the start up screen, when the game is loading, the green bar will stop growing and there will be an error message (sometimes I just see a blank black box), which reads: Failed to load leader file. Or something like that. The options are "Retry" and "Ignore." I click "Ignore" and don't notice anything strange after that, except...

2) Usually once a campaign I receive a message about some Yoku... Shogonate being elected, even if I'm France or the like. I don't mind it so much because his ratings are all excellent. It's weird nevertheless.

3) The "Bink Video" in the beginning of the game is skewed to the left on my monitor. It's always done this (even via the original EUII, which I've re-installed before), and is also weird. I imagine this is a computer-related issue, however.

SG-
You are playing an old version I see. Those bugs are corrected.