• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've just been inventing my own developer diaries in my head. I assumed everyone else was too. Although I did have to stop after a bit; I was getting too many "Respectfully Disagree"s.

• 37Haha
  • 4Like
Reactions:
I'm still thinking there could be 1.36.3. But if not, here's a wishlist for 1.37.

1. Fix CTDs.
2. Pause key.
3. Other bug fixes.
4. Other QoL improvements.
5. Whatever, don't care.

I think there was a time when every other patch came with DLC and every other without. Is it now so that every patch comes with DLC?

Reactions:
Everybody knows the correct way to summon dev diaries is to ask "is there will be a DD today"?
Or, if you want a bit of spice, see if the tested and true "is game dead?"-variant is for you! Or the closely related, yet different "EU5 release prediction"-format.

Last edited:
  • 15Haha
Reactions:
I'm still thinking there could be 1.36.3. But if not, here's a wishlist for 1.37.

1. Fix CTDs.
2. Pause key.
3. Other bug fixes.
4. Other QoL improvements.
5. Whatever, don't care.

I think there was a time when every other patch came with DLC and every other without. Is it now so that every patch comes with DLC?
The next patch is 1.37, expect it to come out in April or May. And yeah, the last Free Patch was 1.33, but it didn't add much anyways. I prefer like it's now, 2 DLCs per year, instead of 1, so we can get more content.

The next patch is 1.37, expect it to come out in April or May. And yeah, the last Free Patch was 1.33, but it didn't add much anyways. I prefer like it's now, 2 DLCs per year, instead of 1, so we can get more content.
Is that an educated guess based on the silence from devs, or have they stated it somewhere?

If you're correct, that's five of six months between updates. Not nice when there are CTDs waiting to be fixed.

Sure, I could roll back to a non-crashing version, but then I'd lose other fixes from the latest update(s). If I get used to playing with older versions, it may follow that I also get used to playing without latest DLCs.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is that an educated guess based on the silence from devs, or have they stated it somewhere?

If you're correct, that's five of six months between updates. Not nice when there are CTDs waiting to be fixed.

Sure, I could roll back to a non-crashing version, but then I'd lose other fixes from the latest update(s). If I get used to playing with older versions, it may follow that I also get used to playing without latest DLCs.
They said first half of 2024 or something like that. Domination DDs started in January and it was released in April, while King of Kings DDs started in September and it was released in November. And about no more hotfixes for 1.36, that's also something that the Devs said in December.

Reactions:
They said first half of 2024 or something like that. Domination DDs started in January and it was released in April, while King of Kings DDs started in September and it was released in November. And about no more hotfixes for 1.36, that's also something that the Devs said in December.
Oh, found it. Not in 1.36.2 thread but in 1.36 review thread.
Last week we released patch 1.36.2, fixing several issues reported after 1.36 ‘Byzantium’ release. We’re so far quite happy with the stability and level of quality of this update, so we’ve decided this will be the last patch for it. This doesn’t mean that there aren’t issues that need to be fixed, or that there aren’t going to be any new ones that arise; but we will be tackling them in the 1.37 update, which is planned for the first half of 2024.
How nice that they're happy with the stability when there's practically unavoidable CTD for part of the player base.

What CTD?
This one. There are several other CTD-related bug reports, 11 when I last counted them, but at least some of them, including mine, are probably duplicates.

If I've understood the issue correctly, that CTD can be avoided if the player interferes in some way in the annexation of Byz by Otto. So, play Byz and survive, play someone else and help Byz survive, or play Otto or someone else (most likely using no-CB) and annex Byz before they make Athens pronoiar. If those don't fit your run, eg. you play as someone who does not even see Byz before they are annexed, you're doomed.

Reactions:
This one. There are several other CTD-related bug reports, 11 when I last counted them, but at least some of them, including mine, are probably duplicates.

If I've understood the issue correctly, that CTD can be avoided if the player interferes in some way in the annexation of Byz by Otto. So, play Byz and survive, play someone else and help Byz survive, or play Otto or someone else (most likely using no-CB) and annex Byz before they make Athens pronoiar. If those don't fit your run, eg. you play as someone who does not even see Byz before they are annexed, you're doomed.
Very strange, I have never intervened with Byz and not had a single crash or anything, hence my question. Definitely not trying to discount he issue though as it's evident multiple people have the problem just odd/lucky I haven't seen it I guess.

Very strange, I have never intervened with Byz and not had a single crash or anything, hence my question. Definitely not trying to discount he issue though as it's evident multiple people have the problem just odd/lucky I haven't seen it I guess.
From what I understand, it only affects Mac and Linux, and possibly not even all of them. Does not affect Windows so the majority of users notice nothing. But if Mac and Linux have been a large enough audience to compile and sell the game to, they should also be a large enough audience that their problems get fixed...

Reactions:
From what I understand, it only affects Mac and Linux, and possibly not even all of them. Does not affect Windows so the majority of users notice nothing. But if Mac and Linux have been a large enough audience to compile and sell the game to, they should also be a large enough audience that their problems get fixed...
Ahh, I understand. Makes sense now.

I play Mac, and I have not had this issue.

Reactions:
I play Mac, and I have not had this issue.
From reading the forums I thought it was every Mac and some Linux (incl myself), but seems I thought wrong. You're lucky, it's game breaking for those that are affected.

In case they haven't already figured out how to fix it, perhaps your experience with non-crashing Mac could provide them some clues, eg. do you have a different OS version than those with the crash. Here's one of the bug forum threads.

Then again, it may be that they have it fixed already, but won't release the fix until 1.37...

most of the time its already written and published to the time. So as the former releasing time is gone, i guess its not this week. (even if it seems like that in the last DD.) - maybe the changed the release time, but that woudl be new ;(