• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
  • AI evaluation for Holy Order placement no longer gets locked in mana spending decision making
  • Fixed the too many tags mod ctd
  • AI - Economy: Fixed bug causing AI to evaluate prio to pay back loans to zero if they had too many loans
  • AI - Economy: AI now better on calculating ROI when comparing loans and buildings
  • Fixed so you now get gold when razing as a horde
  • Fixed issue where you can add more estates than you are supposed to
  • AI will now build less coastal defence buildings
  • Can no longer bail out of excommunication war by paying indulgence
  • Limited events to not trigger if it would result in more than 4 privileges

Available as "1.30.4_public_beta" on steam

Last edited:
  • 57Like
  • 13Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
What is mana, and how do you spent it?

Thanks for the public beta, will test it tonight for sure

• 3Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Nice! Will this affect existing saves or is a new game required?
Most of the AI's "thoughts" are not recorded in the save, so this should work fine with an existing save.

Reactions:
@Johan or @Groogy do we ever get an statement on the performance issues on macOS.
I takes 10:49 to complete an observer run to 1450 in macOS, while Windows 10 does it in 4:51 on the same hardware.

Reactions:
So this AI debt thingy didn't actually have to do anything with hiring and disbanding mercenary companies?

This thread (not mine) by the way has some good suggestions on mercs that would probably also help the AI:

• 2Like
Reactions:
So this AI debt thingy didn't actually have to do anything with hiring and disbanding mercenary companies?

Well it's an expense, but at the root no. You could give an AI 1 000 000 ducats and it would refuse to pay back the loans anyway if they were large enough.

• 9Haha
  • 4Like
Reactions:
This looks really great!

Just out of curiosity, is the plan to add more to this beta patch or are we waiting til the next major patch for further bug fixes?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well it's an expense, but at the root no. You could give an AI 1 000 000 ducats and it would refuse to pay back the loans anyway if they were large enough.
I came across this video recently reporting some issues there, thought it might be useful.

The tl;dw is basically this:
Screenshot_20200825-130424.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Good, now you just have to fix the send indulgence to the pope, while in excommunicated war.

• 2Like
Reactions:
@Johan or @Groogy do we ever get an statement on the performance issues on macOS.
I takes 10:49 to complete an observer run to 1450 in macOS, while Windows 10 does it in 4:51 on the same hardware.

A response on it would be interesting. The Mac version does seem about half as fast as the windows version. I’ve given up and run it in parallels 16. Some results below. I ran in observer mode speed 5 until 1450. The results surprised me a bit (it’s not half the speed).

Mac OS 4:10 (1440p)
Parallels 16 Virtual Machine Windows 10 3:51
Bootcamp Windows 10 3:39

So the windows versions even the VM are running in full 5k resolution. So the Mac version is actually a bit slower if I run it in 5K and looks a lot crappier (not devs fault). All this was run on a 2020 IMac27 inch 5k with i7 and 5500xt gpu. The bootcamp version seems to not have been updated for this Mac so the windows version may be a bit faster with driver updates.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: