• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
:D

@ ojsierra:

I was just mocking a user who, for some reason, doesn't want to register his legally purchased copy of FtG.

There's still no 1.3 - but have just some patience and thou shalt receive! ;)

Ah, ok, thank you. :eek:o

English isn't my first language, so I didn't catch the irony :)

What a pity. This is a great game and it deserves a new patch.

That was "mocking" :)
Oh, yes, but of course it was.

I still don't see the FtG icon below your username, by the way - probably I'd need to buy a bigger screen, for I'm sure there must be; it's just that I can't see it.

Last edited:
I think that subject has been covered thoroughly already.

I'm confused, as I've never had any problem playing FtG multiplayer but I always see people complaining about how you can't play MP. Admittedly, it's always been on the LAN for me, but that works great (though we can't get it to connect with non-windows machines running Wine, but that's not something I'm hugely upset about -- would be nice, but it's probably a problem unrelated to FtG). But yeah, FtG is way more stable than our old house games of EU2 1.08 were.

What would annoy me (only a little, of course) would be if 1.3 were to be released after I'd gotten just far enough into the next game that I wouldn't want to start anew (I know it's a matter of preference, but the mid/late game is my favorite), assuming of course that old saves wouldn't be compatible with the new version of the game. But if that's an unfounded concern, then awesome! I don't suppose that's been answered somewhere I haven't seen, has it?

Well, as people are talking about what they'd want to see in 1.3, MichaelM - is there any chance to improve auto-trade? At least a little, so it won't be destroying player CoTs (spamming them with traders, literally killing any competition)? I mean, any way to make it work automatically like auto-trade in DH - just some sliders and options, or at least unseen improvement. It'd be really, really nice, I'm aware that is almost impossible however.

How is progress going BTW? Is it even going? I hope it is. Cheers ;)

I have a to-do list as long as my arm. And that's after spending two years on the patch so far. Most of the list will not make the cut, otherwise it would never be finished.

That doesn't mean suggestions are closed, of course. I read every post in this forum and a lot of the EU3/4 forums, and some really good ideas have come from them.

So, can we expect a patch in a few time ?

i'm just worrying about the modifications that i'm doing actually in my game. Is it worth to go on ?
There won't be so much changes that i will have to start again since the beginning ?

In other way, perhaps there will be more simplifications fo modding ? Actually, making the changes one by one in the provinces.txt is a little... annoying :rolleyes:

I have a to-do list as long as my arm. And that's after spending two years on the patch so far. Most of the list will not make the cut, otherwise it would never be finished.
If there are potentially so many additions in 1.3 (which I'm obviously very glad about) and you've spent already so much time on it, why not first release 1.3 with a part of the ideas you'd still want to put into it, and leave the rest for 1.4?

This way you'd make the FtG community twice happy - first, because there would be a patch within a short(er) timeframe, second because another one would be for sure in the works :) .

I do not expect there to be a 1.4, at least not officially. That is part of the reason for the delay in 1.3.

MichaelM, sorry for bothering you again.
Has the MP starting CTD been fixed? Thanks.

I do not expect there to be a 1.4, at least not officially. That is part of the reason for the delay in 1.3.
Well, in that case, I'd wish for a 1.3 as feature-rich as there can be :) (and definitely bug-free, if there are no more patches planned to eventually amend that).

MichaelM, sorry for bothering you again.
Has the MP starting CTD been fixed? Thanks.
All I can tell you is that I tried a two-player game with one of the beta testers and had no problems. But since not everyone experienced the CTD that you had, that might mean nothing.

All I can tell you is that I tried a two-player game with one of the beta testers and had no problems. But since not everyone experienced the CTD that you had, that might mean nothing.

I can join the beta test if needed, because I have some computers have CTD problem.

I hope you are not suggesting that EU IV will supplant FTG. :mad:

I think EU4 shows a lot of promise and may remedy many of the complaints I had about EU3 (which I liked in spite of its faults).