• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That would be disappointing and something of an insult to Michael, but as you say... better a cheap patch than no patch at all.
Of course I'm not saying that this would be the best solution. However, if the patch were not to be published by the various sites, better released here than nothing. I'd really like to play with 1.3.

Well, I guess that if MichaelM released 1.3 in form of a .rar file in the Tech Support subforum, it would be fair enough. At least for me ;) (better so than no patch at all)
This was discussed extensively when 1.2 came out and some distributors, especially Impulse (took months to upload it), failed to upload the patch in an acceptable time. Some distributors have a system that prevents any patching of their games, unless it's provided by them. This is because they change the .exe file or something like that. So, that wouldn't work for a lot of people. This is my worry. If with 1.2 was the headache that it was, I won't even think of 1.3.

This was discussed extensively when 1.2 came out and some distributors, especially Impulse (took months to upload it), failed to upload the patch in an acceptable time. Some distributors have a system that prevents any patching of their games, unless it's provided by them. This is because they change the .exe file or something like that. So, that wouldn't work for a lot of people. This is my worry. If with 1.2 was the headache that it was, I won't even think of 1.3.
But what would be the problem in releasing the patch as a .rar file here on the forum, though? (apart from the fact that some people would probably not know that it would have been released)

But what would be the problem in releasing the patch as a .rar file here on the forum, though? (apart from the fact that some people would probably not know that it would have been released)
It wouldn't work for some versions. Impulse version, for example.

edit: I shouldn't speak of other versions, since I only have knowledge of Impulse. That at least, I can say that wouldn't work.

It wouldn't work for some versions. Impulse version, for example.

edit: I shouldn't speak of other versions, since I only have knowledge of Impulse. That at least, I can say that wouldn't work.
Ah, I see. Hm, sorry for that - with my Gamersgate version it would run without problems, and I thought that every other distributor's version of the game would allow the patch to do the same, but I was wrong.

Ah, I see. Hm, sorry for that - with my Gamersgate version it would run without problems, and I thought that every other distributor's version of the game would allow the patch to do the same, but I was wrong.
Yes, it's a bummer. Anyway, I say if that solution is possible, go for it. At least some of us would enjoy 1.3. Besides, there are ways for the others... :\

Still in stand by

Anyhow, anyway, just could somebody find a solution? :D
Month after month the time is flying and still no news.
I wish I could do something more than a new message here every few weeks...

I wish I could do something more than a new message here every few weeks...
...like registering FtG, for example? :D

(j/k)

Well, I didn't want to unveil you this secret at first... but indeed it is so. After you'll have registered your game, 1.3 will instantly become available.

Try it, if you don't believe me.

Titan79 is correct.

:p

And we HAVE to provide it to everyone that is selling it..

Titan79, where is 1.3? I have registered my copy, but i can't see the patch.
13387554-crappie-hooked-and-being-reeled-in-with-orange-bait-in-it-s-mouth.jpg

Same here. I demand justice!
:D

@ ojsierra:

I was just mocking a user who, for some reason, doesn't want to register his legally purchased copy of FtG.

There's still no 1.3 - but have just some patience and thou shalt receive! ;)