• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We've been following EU2 developments for about a decade, so I'm sure we are all patient and will be eagerly waiting ;) Just make it good.

This is not an endorsement to spend a whole decade on the patch, though :p

I do want to apologize to everyone who's been waiting so patiently for 1.3 (and to those who aren't so patient). I took the Magna Mundi gig in August having been told it would end in February, but as we all know now, estimating is not easy. That's why I've never given a date for 1.3's release either and I won't until it's in the polishing stage.
I really hope the MM experience didn't get you burnt and that you still think improving on these kind of games is fun.

I would loved to have played MM but if that is not to be then continuing with FtG will do nicely.

Here here!

Unless I misunderstood or misread an old post by Paradox, but did'nt they say they would not do anymore upload of patches for FTG unless it included a larger map..........maybe I am in error and it was for another game.

Or was it no more upload of FTG

I wish someone would clarify

I have no information myself to clarify anything, but I fail to see how Paradox, let alone Steam, will devote any time at all to release a patch nearly three years after the game was released, especially when everyone knows that it sold so poorly.

Hopefully, I shall be proven wrong.

I have no information myself to clarify anything, but I fail to see how Paradox, let alone Steam, will devote any time at all to release a patch nearly three years after the game was released, especially when everyone knows that it sold so poorly.

Hopefully, I shall be proven wrong.

PARADOX pulled the plug on any development made BY THEM. MichaelM, if I understood well, is working on his own.

PARADOX pulled the plug on any development made BY THEM. MichaelM, if I understood well, is working on his own.
Hum, I may be wrong about this, but Paradox never participated in the development of FtG. That was done by the company created and composed by YodaMaster, MichaelM and others. So, regarding the development of FtG, the only problem is MichaelM being pratically alone after YodaMaster decided to leave. Which is a problem that already comes from 1.2.

Toio, check these two posts:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...2-any-news&p=11756927&viewfull=1#post11756927
and
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?506677-1.3&p=11883414&viewfull=1#post11883414

edit: That said, if 1.3 comes out, some people, me included, will have to wait a lot of time -or instead use their heads- for their distributor (Steam, Impulse, etc.) to upload the patch, since Paradox will no longer support it.

Hum, I may be wrong about this, but Paradox never participated in the development of FtG. That was done by the company created and composed by YodaMaster, MichaelM and others. So, regarding the development of FtG, the only problem is MichaelM being pratically alone after YodaMaster decided to leave. Which is a problem that already comes from 1.2.

Toio, check these two posts:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...2-any-news&p=11756927&viewfull=1#post11756927
and
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?506677-1.3&p=11883414&viewfull=1#post11883414

edit: That said, if 1.3 comes out, some people, me included, will have to wait a lot of time -or instead use their heads- for their distributor (Steam, Impulse, etc.) to upload the patch, since Paradox will no longer support it.

Since I have been running 1.3 for a year now ( as an old beta tester) , the issue I wanted to raise was how they ( current modders) are going to make available this patch to you guys, I thought the issue with paradox was that a big map needed to be included and that was the blame for the poor sales.

I am no longer part of the testers as I did not like the direction that the mod ( FTG v.2, after yoda) was going ( BTW - I am not including MichaelM as i have no issue with him) - I think I stayed until the very end ( maybe it was MM and myself left! ) of the original FTG beta test site, which is how i acquired 1.3

Since I have been running 1.3 for a year now ( as an old beta tester) , the issue I wanted to raise was how they ( current modders) are going to make available this patch to you guys, I thought the issue with paradox was that a big map needed to be included and that was the blame for the poor sales.
I don't recall ever reading anything about a map being included in order for a patch to come out. Perhaps that was discussion that was left within your restricted circle of developers. My understanding of the current situation is that Paradox left the responsability of running FtG exclusively to its developers. So, the patch 1.3 can eventually come out but its distribution will leave much to be desired, if it will ever be. This is something that I never thought of, only now that we are talking about it and it kind of worries me. Anyway, this is a question only someone with close contact with the development can answer.

I don't recall ever reading anything about a map being included in order for a patch to come out. Perhaps that was discussion that was left within your restricted circle of developers. My understanding of the current situation is that Paradox left the responsability of running FtG exclusively to its developers. So, the patch 1.3 can eventually come out but its distribution will leave much to be desired, if it will ever be. This is something that I never thought of, only now that we are talking about it and it kind of worries me. Anyway, this is a question only someone with close contact with the development can answer.
Well, I guess that if MichaelM released 1.3 in form of a .rar file in the Tech Support subforum, it would be fair enough. At least for me ;) (better so than no patch at all)

Well, I guess that if MichaelM released 1.3 in form of a .rar file in the Tech Support subforum, it would be fair enough. At least for me ;) (better so than no patch at all)
That would be disappointing and something of an insult to Michael, but as you say... better a cheap patch than no patch at all.