• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I do not recall ever giving a target date for 1.3, so I don't know where the August 2011 date is coming from. I like working on FTG, so you can be sure I will be back as soon as possible.

Pied-Noir is correct that I am the only person working on both projects. However, Garbon and some of the betas have been working on overhauling the vanilla scenarios and events, so there is progress still being made in my absence.
Excellent. Thanks for the update.

still eagerly awaiting the patch! i predict epicness!
I mentally replace the word "epic" with "long rambling poem about a hero wandering around killing things", so I'm sure you'll be glad to know that 1.3 includes exactly that: the loading screen is now an epic minigame in which the hero (disguised as the game logo) wanders around but never sees any monsters. You can push buttons but it doesn't make any difference. Once you're done, you can write poetry about your experience.

when will be 1.3 come out?
The answer was a few posts earlier:

I do not recall ever giving a target date for 1.3, so I don't know where the August 2011 date is coming from. I like working on FTG, so you can be sure I will be back as soon as possible.

Pied-Noir is correct that I am the only person working on both projects. However, Garbon and some of the betas have been working on overhauling the vanilla scenarios and events, so there is progress still being made in my absence.

I'm still happy playing 1.2, but will be another delighted player when 1.3 does eventually come out :)
Same here. The game is already great... 1.3 will make it just even more awesome :)

Same here. The game is already great... 1.3 will make it just even more awesome :)
Game's far away from what it could be/have been. I don't want to sound negative or ungrateful, but 1.2 is not sufficient in my opinion. I just hope 1.3 brings new features, like for example new diplomatic actions among many other things, instead of only fixes or add-ons. Take it the time it takes, but if they are implemented I'll be much happier about the money I've spent (yes, I'm that worried about my money :p).

Magna Mundi is on its third release candidate. When version 1.0 is finalized, I'll be able to concentrate on FTG again.

In the meantime, have you ever conquered the capital of what you thought was a one-province minor and then had to scour the whole globe trying to find where their other province might be?

Nope; if you're really curious, you can check the Magna Mundi forum every so often and see if a release date has been announced. When that happens, it means I'm back working on FTG again.

I would only like to ask (given the EU2/FtG fanatic that lives in me), given these previous posts and MichaelM's involvement in Magna Mundi, if the info contained in the thread "The sad state of affairs" in the Magna Mundi subforum will have an influence on the possibility of seeing 1.3 rather sooner than later (or vice-versa?...). Here's the 1st post of that thread:

Hi all,

I wanted to give you an update on the current state of project Magna Mundi. Unfortunately its fate is looking grim. The latest Release Candidate was not at all where it needs to be, far from it.

We failed the latest Release Candidate due to numerous crashes, and will deliver a more extensive list of bugs to the dev team this week.

This latest submission follows a string of Release Candidates who were also failed, and the sad fact is we see just as many crashes, bugs and imbalances as we did 6 months ago, some of them brand new and some of them old and well known. This is not a good sign and a terrible sad one as well as it indicates that the development of the game is not happening in a controlled manner. The game was announced in Jan 2010 and the target was a 2011 release. We have reached a point where we no longer can see an end to this, at least not honestly.

We will see what power the developers can muster to remedy the many holes in the game, but given the recent history of development hopes are not high. It cannot go on like this, and we are at a point where time, money and patience is long gone. Only hard and sad choices remain. Choices we will not make lightly but need to make. We will keep you posted.

EDIT: I want to clarify a point about the quality of Magna Mundi and previous releases from Paradox:

Paradox strives to improve in all aspects; technical stability, accessibility and gameplay fun. We have at times fallen short of our goals, but never lost our will to improve. Two wrongs does not make a right; the shortcomings of Magna Mundi does not go away because we have made errors of judgement previously.

EDIT#2: The communication about Magna Mundi regarding its current status is happening between Paradox Interactive and Universo Virtual. When a decision has been made and we are ready, whatever that decision may be, we will communicate it here. This might take weeks, since some of the choices involved are not ones Paradox would take lightly. Until then we have to refer to the original post in this thread.

We will leave this thread open unless people in here really want us to close it, but as I mentioned you won’t receive more information from us until a formal decision has been reached.

Mattias Lilja
Executive Producer of Magna Mundi

I would only like to ask (given the EU2/FtG fanatic that lives in me), given these previous posts and MichaelM's involvement in Magna Mundi, if the info contained in the thread "The sad state of affairs" in the Magna Mundi subforum will have an influence on the possibility of seeing 1.3 rather sooner than later (or vice-versa?...). Here's the 1st post of that thread:
I guess we will simply have to wait longer till the patch arrives, since MMU apparently needs more time and work spent on it.

I've just started playing FtG, what is this issue?
When a event that alters a monarch's abilities occurs while a prior one is still in effect the cumulative change remains in effect for the entire duration of the last event effect to expire. A monarch that comes with an "excellent ministers" as part of an event scripted to last for the entire reign can be rather crippled by successive "temporary insanity" events, as they do not expire after a year but for the duration of the first event.

When a event that alters a monarch's abilities occurs while a prior one is still in effect the cumulative change remains in effect for the entire duration of the last event effect to expire. A monarch that comes with an "excellent ministers" as part of an event scripted to last for the entire reign can be rather crippled by successive "temporary insanity" events, as they do not expire after a year but for the duration of the first event.

That's a potentially annoying event, to be sure. It's oddly reminiscent of the bug in EU I whereby reloads caused the player to lose any events associated with their current monarch.

Just found the thread about the end of Magna Mundi. And here I was thinking FtG had development problems... Much has been done here compared to that project. Like Cathar knight said, we may even profit from this. Too bad for those who were expecting that game though.

if MichaelM finds the time and energy to complete 1.3, now.
Go Michael!

I do want to apologize to everyone who's been waiting so patiently for 1.3 (and to those who aren't so patient). I took the Magna Mundi gig in August having been told it would end in February, but as we all know now, estimating is not easy. That's why I've never given a date for 1.3's release either and I won't until it's in the polishing stage.