• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Magna Mundi is on its third release candidate. When version 1.0 is finalized, I'll be able to concentrate on FTG again.

In the meantime, have you ever conquered the capital of what you thought was a one-province minor and then had to scour the whole globe trying to find where their other province might be?

Magna Mundi is on its third release candidate. When version 1.0 is finalized, I'll be able to concentrate on FTG again.

In the meantime, have you ever conquered the capital of what you thought was a one-province minor and then had to scour the whole globe trying to find where their other province might be?

Excellent news - if there is a chance for a tweak (that I hope would be minor to code) would it be possible (and/or desirable) to make Old World natives impossible to permanently wipe out. Having enough troops makes places in Africa and Asia too easy for Europeans to colonize once natives are cleared.

Excellent news - if there is a chance for a tweak (that I hope would be minor to code) would it be possible (and/or desirable) to make Old World natives impossible to permanently wipe out. Having enough troops makes places in Africa and Asia too easy for Europeans to colonize once natives are cleared.
That is definitely possible, but would require some AI tweaks to keep their colonies from being constantly wiped out by natives.

Of course, colonization in general is still way too easy; the east coast of the US should be very difficult to settle before maybe 1600, and it isn't. I should really add some defines to make colonist chance easier to mod. Oh wait, I already did.

That is definitely possible, but would require some AI tweaks to keep their colonies from being constantly wiped out by natives.

Of course, colonization in general is still way too easy; the east coast of the US should be very difficult to settle before maybe 1600, and it isn't. I should really add some defines to make colonist chance easier to mod. Oh wait, I already did.

Thanks - my initial reaction would be to suggest that whereas a colony would be wiped out, a TP would only get knocked down a level - and encourage TPs in the files.

Nope; if you're really curious, you can check the Magna Mundi forum every so often and see if a release date has been announced. When that happens, it means I'm back working on FTG again.

Nope; if you're really curious, you can check the Magna Mundi forum every so often and see if a release date has been announced. When that happens, it means I'm back working on FTG again.

Great - I'm interested in Magna Mundi, and have played the EU3 mod version, but I still actually find play FTG (with AGCEEP) more fun! Have recently started a number of new FTG games, which I'm switching between, as Portugal, Denmark and Venice, all with 1419 start - all are fun, but quite different!

I recently played a FTG game (with AGCEEP) to prepare myself for a tourist trip to Portugal. When I go abroad I want to know in what context historical sites I happen see fits.

You never realized that what you were designing was not in fact a game but an interactive tourist guide book, did you? ;)

I recently played a FTG game (with AGCEEP) to prepare myself for a tourist trip to Portugal. When I go abroad I want to know in what context historical sites I happen see fits.

You never realized that what you were designing was not in fact a game but an interactive tourist guide book, did you? ;)

I'd play that.

I don't have FTG and I've only played the demo. Back when it was made I was young and innocent, so I wanted something like EU3 but with historical historicy. I was frightened by the interface and unfamiliar mechanics, also I fear you can quickly go off rails and still get world without Napoleon Wars. But the idea of a grand strategy game were you mostly get historical setting and can slightly manipulate it is very promising.

One of the things I expected the most from FtG (besides a new map, but that's another discussion) was a "peace" command. Is there any possibility of having it implemented someday? Just asking :)

Garbon, MichaelM please give us news about this 1.3 patch. In the first page someone gave an attempt time untill august 2011. And now is mai 2012... Please give us some more than waiting indefinitely.
Thank you!

Garbon, MichaelM please give us news about this 1.3 patch. In the first page someone gave an attempt time untill august 2011. And now is mai 2012... Please give us some more than waiting indefinitely.
Thank you!

I doubt he has anything to add to that.

Pied-Noir merçi pour la réponse. I can read too and I read those posts before posting myself. But I can read from http://forum.universo-virtual.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14 too. So
"Re: Magna Mundi Official FAQ
by zarkov » 29 Apr 2012, 17:03

The final delivery date for MAgna Mundi is now set to be June 30 2012. Time to update the FAQ, I guess.zarkov
Slave

the date was announced.
My question was: the people involved in both projects ( MM and FTG) are back for FTG 1.3?
Thanks in advance for who can answer to my question without previous obvious things from this forum.

My question was: the people involved in both projects ( MM and FTG) are back for FTG 1.3?
The only person involved in both projects (unless things have changed recently) is MichaelM, who has said several times that he will return to FTG once MM has been sent to Paradox to be released. You can rephrase the question however you like but seeing as he's the only active developer nothing is going to get done until he's back.

I'd also take the late June release (or at least send off to Paradox) date with a pinch of salt.

I do not recall ever giving a target date for 1.3, so I don't know where the August 2011 date is coming from. I like working on FTG, so you can be sure I will be back as soon as possible.

Pied-Noir is correct that I am the only person working on both projects. However, Garbon and some of the betas have been working on overhauling the vanilla scenarios and events, so there is progress still being made in my absence.