• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Paradox Space Exploration Sale has arrived! Up to 75% off

How's the space on your hard drive? Paradox wants to challenge your galaxy brain with a great selection of space exploration games - and they're all on sale for some very down-to-earth prices! The sale runs from May 4th until May 10th at 17:00 CEST / 08:00 PDT.

May 4th - May 10th
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Adrianer

Sergeant
12 Badges
Feb 9, 2005
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
All I can tell you is that I tried a two-player game with one of the beta testers and had no problems. But since not everyone experienced the CTD that you had, that might mean nothing.
Like I said some time ago ;) : we've managed even to play 1.2 with five players. But with eight it was impossible. I'm still open to help test the 1.3 beta - I even have enough virtual machines, to play for eight players at the same time :p

Jayavarman

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
83 Badges
Feb 8, 2002
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Elven Legacy Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Heir to the Throne
  • For The Glory
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Deus Vult
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • East India Company Collection
  • Diplomacy
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Lead and Gold
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event

Cathar knight

A fossil from the forum
Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
I hate to ask this kind of question, MichaelM, but is 1.3 expectable until the end of the year? I know that the amount of new features is really substantial - and I'm really looking forward to them - but I also know that you've been regularly running beta tests, with those features already implemented.
What's holding 1.3 back, then? Did you encounter some bugs; do you count on implementing some more features, or are you waiting for some more contributions from the group of beta testers?
I confess that from my part, I did not touch FtG in the last months because I like to make my own modding, and I make quite some changes to AGCEEP, besides making a medieval mod; and with the expectation of 1.3coming out, I decided to do nothing and wait for the patch instead of building upon 1.2 and later on having to change many things. And, I don't know if this delay would also make players move away (and we never were too many) from FtG.

Cheers, and keep it up!

MichaelM

For the Glory lead
10 Badges
Jun 30, 2004
crystalempiregames.com
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris Sign-up
You will not see a released version before the end of the year. I have some other commitments (like, stuff that I actually get paid for) right now preventing me from working on it, but 1.3 is pretty much feature complete except for a few minor things. There is still some scenario/scripting work to be done also.

I will try to move it to public beta soon (not likely before the end of the year) if Paradox approves. Better public beta than private when only polishing is left.

Cathar knight

A fossil from the forum
Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
You will not see a released version before the end of the year. I have some other commitments (like, stuff that I actually get paid for) right now preventing me from working on it, but 1.3 is pretty much feature complete except for a few minor things. There is still some scenario/scripting work to be done also.

I will try to move it to public beta soon (not likely before the end of the year) if Paradox approves. Better public beta than private when only polishing is left.

All right, fair enough. Thanks for the news, Michael. I'll continue to hold my modding back for a while, then.

I have some other commitments (like, stuff that I actually get paid for)

I understand, obviously, this must come first.

Bordic

Magister Militum
4 Badges
May 29, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Deus Vult
  • For The Glory
  • 500k Club
Good to know!

MichaelM

For the Glory lead
10 Badges
Jun 30, 2004
crystalempiregames.com
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris Sign-up
It will still be several weeks before I can consider the possibility of public beta, but I'm working towards it.

DanDare

Sergeant
3 Badges
Sep 25, 2006
  • For The Glory
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
Hello Michael! Thank you for news, but I have a question.
Could you please tell us if "several weeks" means less or more than a month?
Thank you again!