• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All I can tell you is that I tried a two-player game with one of the beta testers and had no problems. But since not everyone experienced the CTD that you had, that might mean nothing.
Like I said some time ago ;) : we've managed even to play 1.2 with five players. But with eight it was impossible. I'm still open to help test the 1.3 beta - I even have enough virtual machines, to play for eight players at the same time :p

I hate to ask this kind of question, MichaelM, but is 1.3 expectable until the end of the year? I know that the amount of new features is really substantial - and I'm really looking forward to them - but I also know that you've been regularly running beta tests, with those features already implemented.
What's holding 1.3 back, then? Did you encounter some bugs; do you count on implementing some more features, or are you waiting for some more contributions from the group of beta testers?
I confess that from my part, I did not touch FtG in the last months because I like to make my own modding, and I make quite some changes to AGCEEP, besides making a medieval mod; and with the expectation of 1.3coming out, I decided to do nothing and wait for the patch instead of building upon 1.2 and later on having to change many things. And, I don't know if this delay would also make players move away (and we never were too many) from FtG.

Cheers, and keep it up!

You will not see a released version before the end of the year. I have some other commitments (like, stuff that I actually get paid for) right now preventing me from working on it, but 1.3 is pretty much feature complete except for a few minor things. There is still some scenario/scripting work to be done also.

I will try to move it to public beta soon (not likely before the end of the year) if Paradox approves. Better public beta than private when only polishing is left.

You will not see a released version before the end of the year. I have some other commitments (like, stuff that I actually get paid for) right now preventing me from working on it, but 1.3 is pretty much feature complete except for a few minor things. There is still some scenario/scripting work to be done also.

I will try to move it to public beta soon (not likely before the end of the year) if Paradox approves. Better public beta than private when only polishing is left.

All right, fair enough. Thanks for the news, Michael. I'll continue to hold my modding back for a while, then.

I have some other commitments (like, stuff that I actually get paid for)

I understand, obviously, this must come first.

It will still be several weeks before I can consider the possibility of public beta, but I'm working towards it.