• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
im probably one of the very first people to lose a campaign with 1.3.
played as Armenia from the earliest date. destroyed Iberia and expanded somewhat. minor wars with small kingdoms here and there at first, but then rebellion almost crippled me. and just when i managed to suppress it i got attacked on ALL sides. ridiculous really: Bythinia, Pontus, Bosporan kingdom, Egypt, Seleucids, and even Carthage (wtf!? :eek: ) attacked me almost at the same time! and i wasnt even playing on Hard settings (wander what thats like lol)
in the end, after having no option, but to accept deals that computer on my behalf agreed upon (loosing all but 1 province and paying heavy tributes with income slipping into red) i was besieged by Bosphoran kingdom and then, straight after they taken my last city, it just threw me to the man menu.
oh, and it crashed a couple of times during the campaign.

had a good time playing though. the most outstanding change for me was improved battle resolve system with character martial skills playing more significant part.
thank you very much for the patch.
:)

Sarkiss said:
im probably one of the very first people to lose a campaign with 1.3.
played as Armenia from the earliest date. destroyed Iberia and expanded somewhat. minor wars with small kingdoms here and there at first, but then rebellion almost crippled me. and just when i managed to suppress it i got attacked on ALL sides. ridiculous really: Bythinia, Pontus, Bosporan kingdom, Egypt, Seleucids, and even Carthage (wtf!? :eek: ) attacked me almost at the same time! and i wasnt even playing on Hard settings (wander what thats like lol)
in the end, after having no option, but to accept deals that computer on my behalf agreed upon (loosing all but 1 province and paying heavy tributes with income slipping into red) i was besieged by Bosphoran kingdom and then, straight after they taken my last city, it just threw me to the man menu.
oh, and it crashed a couple of times during the campaign.

had a good time playing though. the most outstanding change for me was improved battle resolve system with character martial skills playing more significant part.
thank you very much for the patch.
:)

you had some hard time there axper :D i'm playing with Armenia too and i'm almost done with "see to see" campaign lol

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm noticing that while playing as Carthage on hard, I am now having 1 - 3 of my characters assasinated each month. They're dying off faster than I can replace them. Anyone else notice this?

Fig07 said:
you had some hard time there axper :D i'm playing with Armenia too and i'm almost done with "see to see" campaign lol
you mean "sea to sea"? :) good luck.

im gonna give it another go and see if i can change the outcome.
was kind of shocked that half the world hates me so tensely :eek:

as for assassinations i noticed it too, though i play on normal difficulty settings it still happened pretty frequently at some point.

lordtrout said:
I don't know if it's just me, but I'm noticing that while playing as Carthage on hard, I am now having 1 - 3 of my characters assasinated each month. They're dying off faster than I can replace them. Anyone else notice this?
Playing as macedonia I noticed this, too: Each time I get into a war both the new enemies and former enemies (especially those that are too weak to wage a war against me) go on a killing and desecrating spree.
The AI seems to be smart: Illyria couldn't win a war against me, so they keep quit when I'm at peace. When I'm at war with another country they send their assassins, but I won't use the CB to declare war on them since I don't want another front.

Philipp

Looks promising. Thanks! :)

Sarkiss said:

as for assassinations i noticed it too, though i play on normal difficulty settings it still happened pretty frequently at some point.

The AI seems to send a lot of assassins if you have a bad rep, too. I know, at least, when I'm at war w/ someone I send out assassins to knock out generals and potential leaders.

The AI seems to be a lot more restrained regarding CB's now. Under 1.2, ambassadors were routinely executed when I even attempted an assassination.

Upgrade to 1.3 and a new game as Rome. I noticed that Aetolian League was allied with only Crete. Since I already owned Epirus I thought, "Easy pickings". They had 21 militia, so I put 40 HI and archers in Epirus and tried to provoke a CB. I simply could not make them rise to the bait. I must have assassinated a dozen of their people and desecrated every temple in the country, but they refused to kill my ambassador. I finally gave up and DoW Carthage. Their civ was 70 and Rome's was 90, so I tried the new 20 civ difference rule. It works.

What can one do to raise Rome's civ higher than 90? In a recent game under 1.2, I noticed that it was at 100, but I don't know what I did to cause that.

What can one do to raise Rome's civ higher than 90? In a recent game under 1.2, I noticed that it was at 100, but I don't know what I did to cause that.

When I played as Rome in 1.2, I managed to get Roma to 100 civ, but it only happened through two seperate random events (one was based around building a monument in the city or something). Unless there is a city with 90+ civ to trade with, I imagine it will only increase substantially through events. I may be wrong, though.

Each province has its own civ rating. I haven't seen an overall rating for the whole country.

It appears that the 20 civ rating rule compares the home provinces. e.g. Rome and Carthage, Massilia and Olissippo, etc.

Sarkiss said:

yea you right "sea to sea" lol sorry for my English :(
good luck to you too :)

Red Rainbow said:
.... well, Johan, I know italian "Paradox-players" community is not so huge, but can we hope in a translation in italian language in the next days/weeks ? (I'm just looking at the map... OMG, Rome is our capital city.... after all :D :D )

You guys should have stuck to Latin... that way we would not be having translation problems across different European languages, English included :)

Nabatam said:
You guys should have stuck to Latin... that way we would not be having translation problems across different European languages, English included :)

I swear I will copy/paste your post and send it to my students.... I'm a teacher of italian and latin language in secondary school, you can't believe the way they hate our "Grandfathers'" culture... :D :D

i'll put this in the tech forum too but since 1.3, i start a new game, select a province, click on the trade route icon, up comes the screen with the possible trade routes and when i just hover over the resource (fish, iron, wood, etc) the whole screen just closes. it doesn't happen on all the resources, just one. for instance if it shows fish, iron, wood i'll hover over wood and iron and it will give me the tool tip, but when i hover over fish, the screen closes. anyone else have this? thanks!

This new Patch is Great!

As a thrid Party I was watch Carthage and Rome due it out to see whom would win... The both killed eaither other and ever in the end replaced by Numidian and Gallic Barbarians that set up new States where the old super powers once were

I am slightly tired at the moment, but ill try to explain a little bit.

I liked the patch and so forth, so switching on a more critical gear to ask if others have noticed this type of behaviour?

In past when you were, letsay Egypt and allied with rebel faction. When you did siege and occupy provinces from your enemies. Rebel faction forces you were allied with... did just moved to a conquered provice YOU conquered its allegiance switched immediately to rebel faction.

I thought something were done to this in the past? Or was it, at least with current patch I experienced a complete conquered territory flip into rebel faction pocket. I didnt mind... ALL that much, they were my allies. Though it kinda ruined any chance of me doing a sweet peace with my enemy the Secludid Empire.

I admit as having an ally of rebels I did call them into help and thus they entered 'war' with Secludid Empire and Pontus. I do recall some help came from disallowing rebels to have military access to your land, but there is something very 'wrong' with whole faction/rebel faction setup?

I mean as 'allied' group we finally negotiated peace with Secludid Empire, even so far that rebel faction had in its diplomatical data an truce with the Empire. Yet, neither rebels, NOR the Empire seemed to be affected by the truce in any way, they still attacked one another and truce flag seemed to stay up. I do really like the scripting and setup how the faction/rebel faction split manages itself, but it seems to have rather strange quirks. Quirks that dosnt really bother you when your having a rebellion breaking in your country, but if its stirring in a another land where you want to go tossing some leadpipes into the machinations of your enemy with rebellion spreading it gets... weird.

Last edited: