[1.25] Further Ottoman missions for realistic expansion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

withche.07

Lt. General
133 Badges
Oct 1, 2014
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Island Bound
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Empire of Sin
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
I was considering about this after first release but waited to see which missions have been added.
This is Ottomans mission tree:

Ottomissions.jpg

1. I think Caucasus and some parts of Europe wasn't really represented in this tree as Ottomans 'nearly' owned whole Black Sea surroundings back in time.
2. Ottomans naval successes and trade disputes against Portuguese wasn't represented too, especially after they had control in Arabia, they started defending East Africa, protectorates in India (Gujarat) even to East Indies affairs (Aceh etc.)

Current list:

1. European mainland conquests
City of the World's Desire -> Conquer Greece -> Conquer Serbia

->1 Conquer Bosnia -> Conquer Danube
->2 Conquer Wallachia -> Conquer Translyvania

2. Other conquest combined
Reform the Imperial Army -> Consolidate Asia Minor -> Safeguard Anatolia

->1 Conquer Levant -> Conquer Egypt ->
->a Conquer Tripolitania -> Conquer Tunisia -> Subjugate Algiers
->b Last Crusader Bastion -> Conquer Crete
->c Conquer Hejaz -> Conquer Mocha

->2 Conquer Trebizond -> Conquer Caffa

->3 Conquer Mesopotamia -> Conquer Al-Ahsa

These are going to be my suggestions:

1. European mainland conquests
City of the World's Desire -> Conquer Greece -> Conquer Serbia

->1 Conquer Bosnia -> Conquer Danube -> CONQUER TRANSDANUBIA -> CONQUER WIEN
->2 Conquer Wallachia -> CONQUER MOLDOVA -> Conquer Transylvania -> CONQUER YEDISAN -> CONQUER PODOLE

2. Other conquest combined
Reform the Imperial Army -> Consolidate Asia Minor -> Safeguard Anatolia

->1 Conquer Levant -> Conquer Egypt ->
->a Conquer Tripolitania -> Conquer Tunisia -> Subjugate Algiers -> CONQUER FEZ
->b Last Crusader Bastion -> CONQUER CHIO -> CONQUER CYPRUS -> Conquer Crete
->c Conquer Hejaz -> Conquer Mocha
->d CONQUER RED SEA COAST -> CONQUER ZEILA

->2 Conquer Trebizond -> Conquer Caffa -> SUBJUGATE GEORGIA -> SUBJUGATE AZERBAIJAN -> SUBJUGATE CIRCASSIA -> SUBJUGATE DAGESTAN

->3 Conquer Mesopotamia -> Conquer Al-Ahsa

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_evolution_of_the_Ottoman_Empire

Biggest borders Ottomans have ever reached:
As4PCtJ.png

LEtQ7v7.png

zs18IRV.png

Ottoman-Empire-Map-At-Its-Height-Peak-Sultan-Army-Soldiers.jpg

2000px-Ottoman_empire.svg.png

2492085b742c476a37c027a77808f764.jpg

So Iet's explain:
I added TRANSDANUBIA to European list as Ottomans expanded further into nearly all Hungary.
I added WIEN as final gift for players beating up Austria. (Only thing added cause of siege, all others were truly annexed)
I added MOLDOVA as it was also annexed. By the way Ottomans didn't stop at Transylvania, they further annexed into YEDISAN (Crimea) and PODOLE (Poland). Added them to finish the list.

0WzieB1.png

After defending&uniting Anatolia, (Note: Defend Anatolia mission should be expanded to include all Turkish beyliks and Beyazit as well)
Ottomans have 3 different routes:
1. To Mesopotamia: Looks good.
2. To Caucasus: I think this was really short, I fixed it by adding all region annexed. (Imereti, Georgia, Armenia, North Azerbaijan, South Azerbaijan, Circassia and Dagestan) This can be polished by the way cause Ottomans later lost some of these. But IMERETI and CIRCASSIA should definitely be added!
3. To Levant and Egypt after it:
I expanded this FAR MORE detailed:

I added 4th way to Red Sea as: CONQUER RED SEA COAST. Ottomans went south to Eritrea coast and formed Habesh Eyalet.
https://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habeş_Eyaleti
Made it also added ZEILA but not that huge, it can be included as whole under CONQUER RED SEA COAST

To North Africa part was quite fine, only missing part was CONQUER FEZ. It may help players to further press Portuguese.

To Hejaz was represented fine.

To Aegean Coast in general:
It now includes only Crete and Rhodes which is not complete.
This should be far more extended to include every island territories, so I directly added CHIO and CYPRUS on chronological order. I still think that it may include Aegean as whole (including Negroponte and Naxos as well)

This is it!

Also, there could be some naval missions against Portuguese in India.
So here are maps for these potential additions.
8Wrqtx6.png

dGIdzej.png

whNmnW4.png

AKV0ucH.png

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
The missions should be linked to the otranto expedition through albania. Should have an impact on Italy and Rome afterwards. You know that this was the first goal of the mehmed the conqueror. The ottoman must have duties in kiev and ukraine over the crimea. Tasks of Astrakhan and Kazan khanates may also be through the Crimea for Ottomans. The duties may begin with the patronage of the Crimean khanate. There may be posts in Andalusia after the Moroccan and Tunisian posts. You know that mission trees can sometimes accommodate the dreams of the Countries.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Very much, thanks for the input, although With the existing Missions disparity, there are many other nations who will be getting attention before the Ottomans who already have a lengthy tree.
I wonder when it's going to be considered to revisit lacking mission trees like Ottomans. More than 2 years have passed.

Yeah the Ottoman Empire is definately overdue for some more mission tree love - not just for military expansion missions but also artistic, civil administration, military reorganization, etc. Jake may have been right two years ago that there are other nations which deserve attention, but most of those (France, Prussia, Austria, etc.) were covered in Emperor.
Given their importance in this period, the Ottoman Empire now has BY FAR the most underserved mission tree in the game. They deserve a fully original mission tree on par with Spain, France, Austria, Prussia, and Britain.
Byzantium, which historically ceased to exist nine years after the EU4 start date, has a better mission tree than the Ottoman Empire.

• 3Like
Reactions:
yeah i have been playing ottos with my own modified missions for a long time which converts current normal ottoman claims into permanent ones plus giving permanent claims all over azerbaijan (according to treaty of constantinople) and caucasia (south of c. mountains). also after conquering austrian states it gives permanent claims all over italy region for last über mission to claim roman emperor title properly. ofc this mission can be split into different ones.

also i make march both crimea and algeria in my playthroughs and ally with no one strategy. i feed them and make algeria decent naval power while crimea becomes military giant. but these should be handled with events because i conquer algeria with my own and release algeria as vassal then feed him with per. claims. also i decide which idea groups my marches should pick. ofc i have been playing non-ironman to make all of these happen :)

Screenshot (771) (2jpg).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
@Johan
As in 1.31 Leviathan Great Projects are added, why not add one or two of the most important mosques designed by Mimar Sinan and Sedefkar Mehmet Ağa in history to list? (could be integrated into mission trees)
1. Süleymaniye Mosque (by Sinan) in Constantinople (1550-1557)
thumbs_b2_b69b5d7fb66bae6c5c4eae9a21aee5c1.jpg

The Süleymaniye Mosque is an Ottoman imperial mosque located on the Third Hill of Istanbul, Turkey. The mosque was commissioned by Suleiman the Magnificent and designed by the imperial architect Mimar Sinan. An inscription specifies the foundation date as 1550 and the inauguration date as 1557. Behind the qibla wall of the mosque is an enclosure containing the separate octagonal mausoleums of Suleiman the Magnificent and that of his wife Hurrem Sultan (Roxelana). For 462 years, the Süleymaniye Mosque was the largest mosque in the city, until it was surpassed by the Çamlıca Mosque in 2019. The Süleymaniye Mosque is one of the best-known sights of Istanbul, and from its location on the Third Hill, it commands an extensive view of the city around the Golden Horn.

2. Blue Mosque (by Sedefkar Mehmet Ağa) in Constantinople (1609-1616)
Architecture-2.jpg
blue-mosque-aerial.jpg

Sultan Ahmed Mosque (Turkish: Sultan Ahmet Camii), also known as the Blue Mosque, is an Ottoman-era friday mosque located in Istanbul, Turkey. A functioning mosque, it also attracts large numbers of tourist visitors. It was constructed between 1609 and 1616 during the rule of Ahmed I. Its Külliye contains Ahmed's tomb, a madrasah and a hospice. Hand-painted blue tiles adorn the mosque’s interior walls, and at night the mosque is bathed in blue as lights frame the mosque’s five main domes, six minarets and eight secondary domes. It sits next to the Hagia Sophia, the principal mosque of Istanbul until the Blue Mosque's construction and another popular tourist site.

3. Selimiye Mosque by Mimar Sinan in Edirne (1568-1575)
Selimiye-5-e1582290505673-1536x941.jpg

The Selimiye Mosque (Turkish: Selimiye Camii) is an Ottoman imperial mosque, which is located in the city of Edirne (formerly Adrianople), Turkey. The mosque was commissioned by Sultan Selim II, and was built by the imperial architect Mimar Sinan between 1568 and 1575.[2] It was considered by Sinan to be his masterpiece and is one of the highest achievements of Islamic architecture and Ottoman architecture. It was added as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2011.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
@Ogele
I feel like Enderun mechanic which I suggested before could be incorporated into Ottoman government through updated mission tree.
Summary: Enderun is a school for gifted where Ottomans drafted talented people from Christian populations they ruled over.
So a mechanic where you draft different culture "better" advisors as much as you expand your country.

Details:

• 3Like
Reactions: