1.25.1 England Hotfix Now Available [checksum 39a3] - NOT FOR PROBLEM REPORTS

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DDRJake

Field Marshal
112 Badges
Feb 4, 2011
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
eu_1_25_1_hotfix_20180409_twitter.jpg

Good evening all. As we mentioned in our recent dev diary, the team are hard at work fixing issues that you have kindly reported to us from the 1.25 England update.

For the more pressing issues which we wanted an prompt fix for deployed, we have created the 1.25.1 hotfix. This is available as an opt-in beta. It aims to fix the following issues in the recently released 1.25 version.

- Fixed crash with Removing leader from country
- Fixed rare naval mission CTD when loading RNW save.
- Fixed division by zero crash in CAIStrategy::CalcValuePerResourceInDucats
- Fixed game thinking that all CoRs have already spawned if you go to a later bookmark and then back
- Fixed the AI pirating the Naval Doctrines feature without buying DLC
- Fixed missions and Shinto incidents being duplicated after selecting more than one save game
- Fixed complete mission command validity check
- light_ship_fraction trigger no longer uses wrong localization
- Added a minimum of 5 points cost for Harsh Treatment
- Fixed historic country stats not being set for released and created nations
- Fixed all religious icons being offset in Ledger
- All Mercenary Maintenance ideas with 25% becomes 15%
- All Mercenary Maintenance ideas with 20%, 15% becomes 10%
- Fixed Luck of the Irish achievement not working for all Irish tags.
- Fixed Cleves ideas having 10 times too high heretic missionary strength. Deus Vult!
- Fixed that the English mission "Strategic Control" was sometimes impossible to complete.
- An Industrial Revolution will now account for new additions to Great Britain.
- Fixed bad tooltip for Mission to conquer Manchuria.(was completely misleading)
- Fixed that the game thought Shihr in Arabia was the capital of the Netherlands.
- Forming Great Britain after completing the Conquer Scotland mission now correctly rewards claims on the north atlantic islands to GBR instead of ENG
- Forming Great Britain after completing the Colonize the Spice Islands mission now correctly rewards claims on the West Bengal to GBR instead of ENG
- Fixed bug in the English/British mission to establish trade in America that made it impossible to complete after forming Great Britain.
- Fixed bad limit on Hugh O Neils rebellion event.
- AI not ending war after 40 years and 99% warscore (neverending AI wars fix)
- Triggered Province Modifiers are now cleared properly when loading a new game. (Fixes e.g. that you could get several missionaries from conquest of Jerusalem),
-OOS fix for Alert Manager
- Fixed AI's unwillingness to explore (and thus slowing colonialism)
- Fixed crash when playing with RNW due to wrong indices on outgoing trade node links.
- Fixed AI peacing out early.

These fixes are available as a beta which can be accessed in Steam under "properties" and the beta tab for EUIV. From there you can select the open_beta option. (You may have to restart Steam to see this option)

Our intention is to merge these fixes into the main release version of the game for everyone after a week or two in beta barring any major issues occurring with it. We are also currently investigating issues with the AI failing at exploring and aim to roll a fix for this into the hotfix when we have a fix ready (we elected to put this build together so people would have a fix version to play over Easter)

If you encounter any issues with the hotfix please post in the bug reports with [1.25.1] in the title for ease of sorting.

UPDATE 4-4-2018

We have put out a new build of this opt-in hotfix (checksum 39a3) with the following additional fixes:

- Fixed AI's unwillingness to explore (and thus slowing colonialism)
- Fixed crash when playing with RNW due to wrong indices on outgoing trade node links.
- Fixed AI peacing out early.

UPDATE 09-04-2018

This hotfix has now come out of Beta and is automatically applied to the game for all. Thanks a lot to those who participated in the Beta to find and fix the above issues!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hmmmm...

Is typo intentional? "Deus vault" instead of deus vult? or do I remember my CK times wrong?

Meh

It's about time they start reining in merc spam although I'm not sure they went far enough...

Merc cost is still -25% its just maintainance who has changed. So its not really a big nerf to merc spam but rather against people having lots of merc in their regular army.

Also I've noticed that the AI suddenly started to do separate peace deals ?

I'm not complaining since Castile forced England to give back one of my cores when I tested a game as France. And Aragon just took gold and war reps.

I probably should't complain about Paradox fixing actual bugs, but I'm not sure this is the right time to fix the mercenary mainenance cost modifiers, considering the current state of the AI economy. It will probably hurt players more than the AI though. Anyway, I'll start a 1.25.1 game once I finish my current campaing (hopefully tomorrow), since I generally think open beta testing is a much better way to prevent unnecessary bugs than internal testing only.

I probably should't complain about Paradox fixing actual bugs, but I'm not sure this is the right time to fix the mercenary mainenance cost modifiers, considering the current state of the AI economy. It will probably hurt players more than the AI though. Anyway, I'll start a 1.25.1 game once I finish my current campaing (hopefully tomorrow), since I generally think open beta testing is a much better way to prevent unnecessary bugs than internal testing only.

Of course it'll affect the player more, as its all but confirmed the AI cheats because its that much more incompetant than the player.

Of course it'll affect the player more, as its all but confirmed the AI cheats because its that much more incompetant than the player.
AI cheats... In SOME cases... Please do yourself a favour and look up what they cheat about atm... Since they don´t get gold or anything

I had already stopped using Mercenaries after you made them cost ineffective in Mandate of Heaven.
Then you nerfed them further in Cradle of Civilisation when recruiting them lowered your professionalism, and they didn't get the bonus' from professionalism or drill
And now you're nerfing them further by reducing the maintenance ideas?

Why? Just get rid of mercenaries altogether if you're going down this route.