• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Amazing job! I'm attempting this myself. With 1.24, there are a lot of new nations in Philippines. What would you have done different? Would you go for all those right away? Would you straight annex them, or release vassals? I'm having a hard time having too many vassals early as their liberty desire gets too high. But straight annexing them means delay getting to Admin 5. Thoughts?

Hello,

sorry for late reply, had a busy week.
As for opener I would go for no cb on one of the minors in Philippines to vassalize one of them (if possible annex and release so there's no penalty to AE and for force annexation with them) and use it for expansion (I would feed most of the land to vassal and would focus mainly on expansion and filling out exploration).
This way the opener would be a tiny more aggressive, but overall strategy would still be the same.
But please bare in mind that I haven't theorycrafted around the three mountains in 1.24 at all.

Hello,

sorry for late reply, had a busy week.
As for opener I would go for no cb on one of the minors in Philippines to vassalize one of them (if possible annex and release so there's no penalty to AE and for force annexation with them) and use it for expansion (I would feed most of the land to vassal and would focus mainly on expansion and filling out exploration).
This way the opener would be a tiny more aggressive, but overall strategy would still be the same.
But please bare in mind that I haven't theorycrafted around the three mountains in 1.24 at all.

Thanks for the reply. How do you handle having a vassal larger than you early game? Do you placate rulers to keep the LD under 50%?

Thanks for the reply. How do you handle having a vassal larger than you early game? Do you placate rulers to keep the LD under 50%?

Plactate rulers, pay off debt, develop their provinces. But vassals sitting above 50% LD are not problematic if you don't need them to help you in wars or you want to annex them.

Plactate rulers, pay off debt, develop their provinces. But vassals sitting above 50% LD are not problematic if you don't need them to help you in wars or you want to annex them.
It was when Bahamis decided to support their independence right when i was near the point of starting annexation... I had to get creative.

I just posted a thread on my current game if you have a chance to check it out.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ng-great-wall-of-the-three-mountains.1067878/