• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
THIS IS THE RUN!
Never seen this event, I guess it's new in 1.23.
6/6/6 heir, this is insane.

i saw another thread where this dynastic event gave someone 666 heir.. maybe event is bugged currently.

who knows.

Well in my Norwegian wood run (1.22) I got also 6/6/6 heir from Lux Stela event which is in the game for quite long time.

His name was Johan. Coincidence? I think not ...

I read the AAR just now and i got a 5/6/6 from it yesterday
It could have a big bonus to heir stats.

oh yes it does. it must be confirmation bias then that it is buggy... i had this event in two of my aar and I think (too lazy to look it up) it spawns a female heir with mininum 3/3/3 stats.

2. Rising Tide
2. Rising Tide

REobkty.jpg

Majapahit seems to be having rebel problems according to siege view in one of their provinces. Siege progress is globally visible even if the province is hidden in fog of war.
The troops stationed at Sumatra demonstrate one of the benefits of native coexistence policy - you can ship multiple small stacks into their destination without worrying about natives.

IBXcW8D.jpg

Battle for already occupied Kawali fort decided the outcome of the war ...

cFs0LXd.jpg

... as Majapahit's stack was stackwiped shortly after battle.

Bpi839W.jpg

In the end couple of provinces is taken for us and 3 are used to resurrect Sunda, which have cores on remainder of Majapahit. Even if reconquest on Majapahit is not necessary as there's no AE with remainder of countries inhabiting spice islands as we've attacked Hindu nation and rest is Sunni, releasing Sunda and then reconquering their provinces secures future CB and will result into more stable vassal, which won't face rebellions.

6cLQgJb.jpg

Korea has formed alliance with Haixi which results in first difficult war of the campaign. However plenty of favors has been gathered with Ashikaga, Yeren and Korchin which will hopefully provide some distraction.

VD6sNhe.jpg

Thanks to artillery barrage which provides immediate +3 siege roll bonus and some artillery, Haixi's capital falls within 2 siege ticks which allows them to be peaced out of the war quickly.

1CM19rA.jpg

Battle of Ganggye decides outcome of the war as favorable terrain of occupied fort allows our alliance to deter Korea and stackwipe their main strack led by two star general shortly after.
However I had to merc up quite heavily for this battle so embracing colonialism is out of the picture for a while.

uS9Hi6w.jpg

In the end, Korea is peaced out for perfect 100% OE peace deal.

enfOy3N.jpg

Although our nation and army has not fully recovered from the bloody war with Korea, Majapahit is no longer a threat to us so a quick war is start to reconquer Sundanese cores.

4Y3T1wS.jpg

Apart from full annexation Majapahit is generous enough to fund embracement of colonialism in Ryukyu.

BUar3yx.jpg

Kilwa won't honor alliance with Antemoro due to another war and rebels in their country which will make war against Antemoro easy as they have only 12k troops.

60QIVq3.jpg

Antemoro is fully annexed and thanks to -25% warscore cost perk from age of reformation bonuses there's enough warscore left to take even full treasury.
-25% warscore cost wonderfully synergies with Tengri as almost everyone is having different religion so it makes blobbing pre-absolutism faster.

vKCvYK3.jpg

With recent conquests there's enough ducats to allow investments into buildings and occasional mercenary usage. The snowball is slowly starting rolling.
Apart from securing Madagascar, Cape is colonized and trade company there immediately provides extra merchant which is used for collecting in Zanzibar.

q1ZtqQO.jpg

Kilwa is stupid enough to leave main stack on Madagascar which results in immediate stackwipe.

bAhCaHn.jpg

Not going for 100% with Kilwa due to Adal being present in the war. This way Mutapan gold provinces will be able to be immediately cored due to cores being already present in Africa (otherwise I would have to core shore, than inland provinces) and truce timer will be quite short allowing for a quick war.
Most importantly Zanzibar is taken which results in additional merchant.

hpsrIXi.jpg

This time, Korea does not have allies and their army is considerably smaller than Ryukyuan.

ejNWUjl.jpg

2nd war against Korea lasted for little more than a year and results in perfect 100% OE peace deal. With 6/6/6 ruler and adaptability idea already unlocked there's no problem in coring such peace deals.

UK78xTt.jpg

Sunda has been annexed and as annexation provides full cores whole Java island is stated and most likely will become area where printing press will be spawned as it's quite compact area with enough development to at least 10% of total development. The other candidate for this is Korean peninsula.
Forcing institutions in such wide and geographically divided empires is always problematic...

eDnYSyS.jpg

Japan was formed by Hosokawa and at the moment are only eligible choice for rival. Their manpower is at similar levels than ours due to recent war against Ashikaga and they lack military technology level 12 which should provide sufficient advantage against Japan.
The other way is to trap whole Japanese army at Hokkaido and don't fight any battle at all.

BAWGgDJ.jpg

In the end war against Japan did not consume that many manpower as no battles were fought thanks to naval blockade of Hokkaido.
Fleet of 5 heavies and 25 transports was enough to deter any attempts to break the blockade and is also large enough to allow project power from Madagascar to Japan.

y8sXa6W.jpg

4phlF1i.jpg

From 5 development to 853 in 105 years. 40 times increase in first 55 years followed by quadrupling that amount in next 50. 5th largest income with number 3 being very close and to be reached in next 20 years and the same also applies to army size.
Something tells me that soon the World will bow to Three Mountains.

nice, very nice.

3. Into India
3. Into India

RKiI2jE.jpg

Vinegar was badly beaten by Gujarat, has no allies and is missing 3 military techs when compared to Ryukyu. One would say that's ideal situation for us to attack.

H1UR9oI.jpg

Excess military and dip points are dumped into Demak in order to spawn Printing press institution in Asia. Demak is chosen as Javanese culture is already promoted in Ryukyu and surrounding provinces have high enough development to allow quick spread (boosted by state edicts and +50% spread in true faith provinces age perk) past 10% required for institution embracement.

H1aY0FK.jpg

Most of the land taken from Vinegar is given to newly established vassal Maldives. We keep Tanjore to ourselves as it provides us holy war CB against Vinegar and Bahmanis.

1D3AdKk.jpg

Shinto is chosen as syncretic faith which means Japan can no longer be DoWed using Deus Vult, but remaining Yurchen tribes can be.
Why Shinto? Apart from Japan we can holy war entire world, extra 5% discipline is welcome as Ryukyu lacks any military ideas so every little bit counts as I am pretty sure giant Prussia will form. The -1 national unrest is also nice as it stacks well with other things like high stability, advisor, Ryukyuan idea, despotic monarchy etc.

18P2ruk.jpg

It might not be visible from the screenshot, but capital has been moved to Lae which is on Oceania and apart from few stated areas in Asia everything is given to trade companies where possible.

Uph2E8Q.jpg

Operation git gold initiated with a stackwipe of entire Kilwan army. Unfortunately they managed to re-ally Adal during truce.

tdSUpLu.jpg

Something tells me that Zimbabwe area will be stated :p

v4JE4Ge.jpg

Vinegar is forced to release a minor which is immediately eaten. These two provinces pushes us past 1k development so the government rank is upgraded to empire before transferring those provinces to Maldives.
I usually take as a benchmark how fast I can reach empire government rank, usually I am for 1550 and here it's achieved 9 years later which is not to bad. Considering that the snowball might be rolling harder than in other cases.

nITj9EA.jpg

Bengal is busy in another war and won't honor alliance. Guess who's getting attacked Bahmanis. :rolleyes:

85mlG0e.jpg

War against Bahmanis took just few clashes as they were outnumbered and in the end 113 development exchanges owner.

xIRbzBd.jpg

Korea, which was first difficult war Ryukyu had to fight 50 years ago is fully annexed and gone, forever.

GP5C5FT.jpg

With lowered maintenance we're making 44 ducats a month after moving trade capital to Zanzibar. Maybe it's time for army drilling? o_O

Why moving trade capital to Zanzibar? It's basically and end node as there's just one node leading from it which can be easily taken control of by colonizing Cape (which something I've already did) and after fully securing control of that node (and couple of others) it basically allows safe collecting of entire trade coming from Asia.

WvDGlF8.jpg

Japan is attacked once more and with superior numbers is beaten

7J6L20M.jpg

In the end, our former ally Ashikaga shogunate is resurrected as a vassal.

vjInAzM.jpg

Random tributary event gives us 1k ducats ... which immediately funds embracement of Printing press. As remainder of institutions is global that was last difficult institution to embrace.

yUsnUXq.jpg

After Bengal dishonored alliance with Bahmanis they have no longer an ally that could protect them.

2TKonp2.jpg

100 development is taken for direct coring done by Ryukyu.

j0oUY6A.jpg

We're still a tributary of Ming which won't change for about next 50 years as their other tributaries are still untouched and absolutism hasn't kicked in yet.
As for other diplomatic relations Gujarat was allied in order to reduce AE accumulation with them and Maldives with Ashikaga are our vassals.

OKfE6gg.jpg

During 20 years we've grown rich enough to start rely on mercenaries which a thing which will surely speed up further expansion and jumped by one place in total army size.

mKVAPNX.jpg

Income has also risen substantially over past 20 years so we've also jumped to 4th place there. When looking at total development Ryukyu is second just only to Ming.
Development has risen by 350 during 1550-1570 period while vassals have combined around 300 development which means 50% increase in combined development in 20 years.

3Bs545X.jpg

Europe is in the middle of league war, where France (Emperor) is currently losing.
Castile has lost or never gotten PU over Aragon.
Poland still has Lithuania as PU.
Denmark has lost it's PUs.
No major oddities detected.

You make ti sound so easy :)

Is that both a Tripoli and a Dithmarshen I see there? Fairly unusual for me.

You make ti sound so easy :)

I am playing Three Mountains for second time and I've learned a lot in past year, plus I have 1500+ hours, but still I am nowhere near people like florry, atwix and others.
If you're having difficulties with the game feel free to PM me and we can discuss stuff.

Is that both a Tripoli and a Dithmarshen I see there? Fairly unusual for me.

There's also Great Horde still living, Provence in Brittany and Castile got BI, but nothing really odd.

I am playing Three Mountains for second time and I've learned a lot in past year, plus I have 1500+ hours, but still I am nowhere near people like florry, atwix and others.
If you're having difficulties with the game feel free to PM me and we can discuss stuff.
Thank you for the offer. Should I ever wish to try for a WC I may very well take you up on the offer, but I was traumatised by the tedium of a WC in EU2 and have never sought another.

4. Getting rich
4. Getting rich

PdVKshO.jpg

5s923nF.jpg

Continuous effort is made to push into Horn of Africa trade node as it's important node to be held in order to transfer from India.

eQVU145.jpg

In the middle of 3rd war against Kilwa new ambitious daughter has appeared - and she's 6/6/5!!! o_Oo_Oo_O
I am not sure I am extremely lucky or this will get nerfed next patch.

v5yUXdj.jpg

Part of the initial plan was establishment of strong colonial state in Mexico and it's done faster by taking from natives than by colonizing.
Mexico has great potential for a strong colonial nation as it can be quickly established and there's a lot of sweet gold there.

KCZJ5Gp.jpg

First big stackwipe of the campaign against an enemy which is not weakened from previous battle.
Let there be more of them!

t7WZXLE.jpg

Hekiren takes throne after 6/1/2 ruler which took place after the godly 6/6/6 queen died. The 2/1/1 heir will be disinherited immediately after war (as 50 prestige paid for disinheriting equals 5% AE reduction).
I guess Ryukyu will be ruled by ambitious daughters :rolleyes:

rpNPAXh.jpg

New colonial nation of Ruxico has been established in Mexico area and is immediately large enough to provide additional merchant.

seIkUg0.jpg

Ashikaga has expanded a bit as each time truce with Japan is over they are getting attacked.

cfKI9Wq.jpg

Pasai is attacked using temporary colony bordering them which provided the needed CB. Brunei is taken out immediately out of the war by an army containing 10 cannons. Capital falls in two siege ticks and Brunei is forced to annul treaties.
Truce will end in 1592 which gives enough time to eat them before global trade spawns ...

CucffN1.jpg

Another stackwipe for the win!

Os6P4Yl.jpg

Kilwa is finally fully annexed after 4 wars which means there's no competition in Zanzibar trade node.

gN0BJmy.jpg

I somehow forgot to take screenshots of development in Malacca and India :rolleyes:
Immediately after Pasai was peaced Malacca was attacked and lost majority of their land which was fed to newly established vassal Pagarryung, for some odd reason we keep trade ports to ourselves...
Once truce with Brunei ended they were also attacked for their capital which is also important trade port in Malacca trade node.
In India Bengal and Bahmanis are gone :rolleyes:
Also notice that we're running level 5 adviser ;)

atrdIcL.jpg

Counties sorted by income - in 25 years our income has DOUBLED and Ryukyu is making almost 200 ducats which is enough to fund level 5 adviser, mercenaries and manufactory spam.
By development, Ryukyu is the biggest country on the World. 1624 own development and 916 subject development and with naval AI working this patch, the AI is actually helping :eek:
Also notice in the outliner that Zanzibar is worth 80 ducats. Maaaaaybe global trade won't spawn in Europe :p

OyNzOhX.jpg

With that high income also comes big army, actually 4th biggest in the world and large enough to challenge almost anyone in Asia.
I won't take quantity ideas as they can be basically bypassed by money. You can buy manpower via mercenary usage and manpower building and forcelimit can also be increased by spending money and these 1/1/1 provinces will finally have some use.

How long before you start the slaughter?

5. Absolutely!
5. Absolutely!

4XW56cu.jpg

Quick peak at Europe - Prussia has formed and is the Emperor. Considering boosted AI something tells me that dealing with Europe will be funny.

PUCp6yy.jpg

Gujarat is attacked and immediate focus of the war is kicking out their only ally Delhi.

IviyBHk.jpg

Delhi is forced out of the war within a year.
My usual strategy in the early game is to focus war target's allies. With 10 cannon stack, good leader and 50 mil points spent to breach walls. This way forts usually fall in a tick or two which makes allies disappear within a year from the start of the war.

83aSm40.jpg

Due to AE constraints just a few provinces are taken from Gujarat, which is not a problem as the main purpose of the war was to get a truce with them in order to prevent coalition from spawning.

UpnnRVA.jpg

Unfortunately, global trade has spawned in London as Zanzibar node was short 8 ducats to be the the trade node with highest trade value.
Extra points would be nice, but this is not a problem, as embracing this institution is just mere waiting for 10 years and spending cash.
On the other hand the 1.23 bug where trade companies sometimes do not provide merchant is annoying o_Oo_O

cmSz6uo.jpg

Japan is reduced to just Kyoto.

nYOswos.jpg

Hsenwi is forced to cede entire coastline as the operation "Eat Ming's tributaries has been initiated.

icfDBUP.jpg

Nepal is already eaten and after annexation of Koch and Guge just 10 tributaries are still remaining.

VBU25Pd.jpg

Small coalition of 3 nations has formed due to sheer number of countries which hate our guts.
However this is not an issue as war is immediately declared against weakest coalition member which is swiftly occupied and whole coalition is whitepeaced to get shortest truce timer possible.
Only Pasai and Tonkin were attacked and Delhi was ignored for whole duration of coalition war (8 months).

JlGiVEd.jpg

Here's the Mukha coffee event devs were speaking about.
Also notice that Ayutthaya has shrinked a bit :rolleyes:

V40Kz13.jpg

Exploration idea group is ditched and influence is taken as it's time to start annexing those vassals.
Defensive will probably be the next - increased reinforcement, morale, army tradition, reduced attrition and most importantly - defensive influence policy which provides passive war exhaustion reduction which may be needed as animist religions do not get defender of the faith.

WBz87wc.jpg

Difference in quality of troops is huge and Delhi is quickly beaten to never recover in this war.

KWpnzmo.jpg

Maldives are finally annexed after spending decades on their diplo-annexation. Actually each time after pressing reduce autonomy button annexation progress has increased. They were however swiftly replaced by new Indian vassal after peace with Delhi - Oudh.

fY2z8ca.jpg

There are no places where autonomy could be decreased in order to increase absolutism as it autonomy was decreased everywhere. Best part about this is that apart from recently conquered provinces there are no signs of revolts (and these wouldn't be revolting if autonomy stayed untouched).

e3Oi1UB.jpg

Another tributary gone.

DjSWHJY.jpg

Absolutism is nearly maxed out (max value for the moment is 90) and with age perk granting additional 5% we're sitting very close to maximal obtainable admin efficiency which is 51%.
65 base
10 legitimacy
5 empire
5 religious unity
5 despotic monarchy

Once we break free from Ming it will increase by another 5 as we'll become great power and ultimately it can be raised to 100 by activating golden age.

As for court and country disaster - to be honest I am not sure how to trigger it as country is too much stable and it would be too much hassle for a little gain as I am willing to pass that 0.8% admin efficiency for a while and I won't be becoming revolutionary (still hoping to see revolutionary tag so I can get achievement).

IBar6JX.jpg

With current administrative efficiency we're taking double the amount of land which was possible in age of discovery and reformation.

opHBW0V.jpg

Hsenwi is getting fully annexed which reduces number of Ming's tributaries by another one and Oirat is getting destroyed.
Apart from that Gujarat and Ayutthaya were beaten once more. Malwa fully annexed. However these wars were just to easy so I am not putting screenshots there.

TajZmYk.jpg

Ryukyuan India ... in Manchuria? o_Oo_Oo_O

In next chapter we're getting free from Ming ;)

Maybe Grayskin will become real in Europe...

I don't think so, Prussia is bleeding 0.1 imperial authority month. I saw HRE from once and it was in 1.3 or so when things weren't balanced at all.

However Tripoli managed to eat half of North Africa.

Ok I had to laugh at the name placement on the map. That was rather fun.

Nice explanation about the absolutism