1.16.3 Released [checksum 6227] - Not For Problem Reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DDRJake

Field Marshal
112 Badges
Feb 4, 2011
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
Steam should update your EU4 version to 1.16.3 momentarily. This hotfix contains the following:

- You now get army tradition from battles without conditierri again.
- AE impact from spynetwork is now applied correctly, and not using siege ability bonus for it instead.
- Parliament events will once again use scaled mean time to happen.
- Kuban Cigars can now be gotten if the leading producer is a subject of yours as well.
- Added Back Decision to form Iceland
- Fixed Unit Position in Bagirmi.
- Fixed crash when a supported rebel faction was destroyed in Windows 7
- Updated AI to understand the new cost system for rooting out corruption.
- Root out Corruption tooltip now updated to the per-development cost.
- Added texturehandler checks for removing already removed textures (MP crash fix)
- Added check to prevent backup saves being overwritten with current save if current save is empty.
- Fixed OOS due to capital being discovered on alliance action dependent on local player.
- Forming a new nation no longer upgrades your territorial cores for free.

Please post any issues you find in the appropriate subforums and continue enjoying EU4!

Reactions:
The patch had already hit steam by the time you posted this :)

Reactions:
Army tradition fix at last

Reactions:
- Fixed crash when a supported rebel faction was destroyed. Requires Win7

what

Again no graphics fixes. Am of disappoint.

Reactions:
- Fixed crash when a supported rebel faction was destroyed. Requires Win7

what
I suspect they are saying the crash only occurred on Win7.

Reactions:
Steam should update your EU4 version to 1.16.3 momentarily. - Kuban Cigars can now be gotten if the leading producer is a subject of yours as well.
Say I have subject A and B, which produces 30% Tabacco(respectively, so total production under my control is 60%) and there's independent nation C which produces 40% Tabacco.

Achievement will not rewarded, right? if so, will it be fixed in later patches?

Say I have subject A and B, which produces 30% Tabacco(respectively, so total production under my control is 60%) and there's independent nation C which produces 40% Tabacco.

Achievement will not rewarded, right? if so, will it be fixed in later patches?

Why would it need to be fixed? The description is pretty much straightforward - and if you were playing strictly for that achievement you shouldn't be having issues.

Reactions:
Is the Guarantee revoke spiral fixed? If not I have a save game where Spain guarantees Switzerland (after I dissolved alliance) and ottoman and trebizon and some HRE guarenteeing other HRE on and off again.. @DDRJake

Yay, army tradition! Looking forward to Corruption being fixed/rebalanced. Crippling for smaller nations but ironically huge nations with huge incomes (like the massive colonial Spain in my campaign) seem to handle corruption super easily (at least, until they get obliterated in a war, take out a million loans, hire tonnes of mercenaries and never pay the loans back, that is) even though historically big nations where all the wealth flows through would probably have lots of corruption.

Also, something weird I've noticed with AI army composition running around with more artillery than infantry in a single unit. :s

Last edited:
Reactions:
Important: was AI's ability to manage their ever-growing debt levels (and excessive spending during wartime, vs trying to peace out) addressed in this patch?

Reactions: