1.16.2 Released [checksum 3a8e] - Not For Problem Reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Corruption and Overextension might need a rethink. Right now they make getting big a slog, but it might make more sense to create challenges related to being big.

Reactions:
We know, it was changed for Gameplay reasons, is the same reason Hungarians are not in the same group as people in the Urals and why Basque is in the Iberian group and why Breton is in the French etc. It is for gameplay and that overcomes any historical facts.
That's your opinion. Other people might disagree and say that maintaining historicity is important too.
Thank you for fixing Englands sudden need to hang out near the South American coastline with a massive navy and suffering tons of attrition :D
Do you mean the AI? They don't have any naval attrition anyway.

Can someone explain me something?
- State cost - For whot I am paying? Administration of provinces in it? If yes, then why that state don't develop this region? (development / send manpower / gold / etc). If not, then I paying for my own money? Without state / territory feature, I have normal gameplay. With this feature, I see no point to not turn it off. If you give something in DLC, you should balance it.
- RNG - After first year of play, my duches die, and I enter in 300 years of regency. Any ruler I got, when he/she enter adult, get a child, and die two months later. With 0% corruption, I got only event, that give me corruption. Most of my admin point going to stab. becouse every 16 years ruller die, and, a lots of comets flying near me (my record - 2 in a row).
- AI - I start as a one province in S. America (my attempt for "first come first serve"), and it is hard with unlogic features (like state / territory), but then I see, that AI don't care about them. Portugal, reduced to 2 provinces (castile eat it), start to colonize africa / america with full maintenance, and start a war with kongo and marocco (portugal win, and take half of both). Before I rege-quit, I see, that every region in control of portugal, is changed to they culture/religion (they colony focus is "Native coexistence"), they got max tech lvl (and some idea) and 3 stab. With all the respect, good AI, is not a cheater.

Nanbu still has western units.

Well, maybe Nanbu is a closeted Westerners but don't tell that to anyone. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reactions:
Is this not the place to post this?
Note the thread title says "not for problem reports". Bug reports should go in the bug forum. You need to have your game registered to do that.

Has there been any word on when a hotfix that fixes the CTDs will be released?
There hasn't been any mention of a new hotfix that I'm aware of. Have the specific crashes you refer to been reported in the bug forum? Ideally with instructions how to reproduce them.

There hasn't been any mention of a new hotfix that I'm aware of. Have the specific crashes you refer to been reported in the bug forum? Ideally with instructions how to reproduce them.

Yes, they have. Did clean install, run in admin mode, etc., kept logs, posted save game and exceptions and error logs in bug forum. It looks like the same CTD bug that happened when Cossacks and 1.14 was introduced, which was fixed in a hotpatch. It even did the same "Your computer thinks the CPU is overheating now" error that I've only ever seen twice on my computer (after playing 1.14 and after playing 1.16). Hardware is tested and fine, every other program works fine (except the Win10 calculator is broken, but that's totally unrelated and apparently super common). I can play 1.15 just fine by rolling the version back, which is very interesting to me. But I'm still slightly miffed that I paid for a product I can't use. I thought I had seen when 1.16.2 was released that they were working on another hotfix for CTD issues, but I could be wrong?

Yes, they have. Did clean install, run in admin mode, etc., kept logs, posted save game and exceptions and error logs in bug forum. It looks like the same CTD bug that happened when Cossacks and 1.14 was introduced, which was fixed in a hotpatch. It even did the same "Your computer thinks the CPU is overheating now" error that I've only ever seen twice on my computer (after playing 1.14 and after playing 1.16). Hardware is tested and fine, every other program works fine (except the Win10 calculator is broken, but that's totally unrelated and apparently super common). I can play 1.15 just fine by rolling the version back, which is very interesting to me. But I'm still slightly miffed that I paid for a product I can't use. I thought I had seen when 1.16.2 was released that they were working on another hotfix for CTD issues, but I could be wrong?
There's a new hotfix released shortly before you posted this that is supposed to fix at least some crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.