1.16.2 Released [checksum 3a8e] - Not For Problem Reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loaded up the game as Pate (OPM with wrong religion) and did some math.

The new monthly cost to reduce corruption at 1 corruption per year, is 0.05/development_adjusted_for_autonomy. It used to be 100% of your income. Since income is roughly 0.10/development, corruption costs have been reduced by 50% on average, and way more than that for countries with high trade income/gold mines.

I've seen Johan repeat that he wasn't willing to nerf corruption, so I hope this is not an oversight and that he actually changed his mind. The current situation is more interesting. Corruption is not completely crippling but now I'll have to think twice before I conquer land I can't convert or let my diplo tech tank.

I'd still rather see this mechanic removed altogether so they can add more interesting money sinks and incentives to increase diplo tech, but I feel like it's a step in the right direction.

Does your income factor in production as well as tax? 75% LA cap is still going to be a pain.

Does your income factor in production as well as tax?
Yes, it's a rough average. Obviously, countries with high trade income, high value products and temples/manufactures everywhere will have a huge edge, but it's on average a 50% reduction.

75% LA cap is still going to be a pain.

LA cap taken into account in the computation of the development that's used for corruption. So if all your land is 50% autonomy you pay half the price you would have otherwise.

Yes, it's a rough average. Obviously, countries with high trade income, high value products and temples/manufactures everywhere will have a huge edge, but it's on average a 50% reduction.

LA cap taken into account in the computation of the development that's used for corruption. So if all your land is 50% autonomy you pay half the price you would have otherwise.

Wait, 50% LA on a province with 4 dev counts only as 1 for the sake of the corruption cost calculation?

Merchant Republics
- Merchant Republics are now limited by provinces in states, not total amount of provinces.

Asking again to be sure: this means that I can have 20 states with only one state core in each (so I can go only for trade-relevant provinces and leave all others at 50% min autonomy), or that every cored province (even territory cores) inside those states will count for the threshold?

Reactions:
I am glad to see an early patch which adresses some of the biggest issues. Personally I especially like these three:
Corruption
- Merchant Republics are now limited by provinces in states, not total amount of provinces.
- MP: Fixed game going out of sync if host had Wealth of Nations DLC but not client.
- When mothballing a fleet, sailors no longer needed are now returned to the country's sailor pool (up to max sailors).

Please just get rid of corruption alltogether. It doesn't add anything meaningful or interesting, it is just something that drains money for conquering things (the whole point of EU4). I am sick of having most of what would be my net income being pointlessly drained away by a dumb mechanic that only takes things away from the player giving nothing in return.

Reactions:
Asking again to be sure: this means that I can have 20 states with only one state core in each (so I can go only for trade-relevant provinces and leave all others at 50% min autonomy), or that every cored province (even territory cores) inside those states will count for the threshold?

You can have all the provinces of a state fully cored, it will count as one state.

The new monthly cost to reduce corruption at 1 corruption per year, is 0.05/development_adjusted_for_autonomy. It used to be 100% of your income. Since income is roughly 0.10/development, corruption costs have been reduced by 50% on average, and way more than that for countries with high trade income/gold mines.
0.10/dev is an overestimation of early game income from development. Each point of BT gives 0.083 per month. Each point of BP in a trade good value 3 province gives 0.05 per month. Each point of BM gives nothing. That's probably less than 0.05 per development before trade, which varies wildly but is usually smaller than the other two if you are not an end-node trader.

Base income means that for small nations the corruption cost was nerfed significantly, but for mid-large ones it is close to the same for the first century or so. Certainly not 50% lower, unless I'm missing something.

0.10/dev is an overestimation of early game income from development. Each point of BT gives 0.083 per month. Each point of BP in a trade good value 3 province gives 0.05 per month. Each point of BM gives nothing. That's probably less than 0.05 per development before trade, which varies wildly but is usually smaller than the other two if you are not an end-node trader.

A happy Clergy gives you +10-20% tax on top of that, same for the burghers and trade. On top of that, giving land to clergy/burghers decreases your effective development by at least 25% but decreases your income by a smaller share (particularly with high LA recently conquered provinces, the kind that people who suffer from corruption tend to have a lot of). You also have to consider production/trade bonuses from tech, and income boosts overall from ideas. Manpower is less common overall, for every point of base tax in the world there's roughly 1 production and 0.7 manpower. Then there's base income, as you said.

You might be right that 0.10/dev is an overestimation, but not by much. It's still an overall nerf to corruption, without a doubt.

Last edited:
What is the AT bug that people keep mentioning here and there?

Also, as a player who just recently bought the cossacks DLC when it was on sale, does the grant general with 40 AT from nobility factor in your AT as well? So if you have 10 AT the general you get from them would have 50 in total?

Status
Not open for further replies.