• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zsar1

Major
52 Badges
Dec 19, 2014
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • King Arthur II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
This is the final state of patch 1.10.

Get it from here. Checksum ought to be EQPW (please validate).

Starting from this patch, you will need this: Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) to run the game.

Changes:
  • Updated dependencies, now requires Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86).
  • Any string of letters and numbers may now be used as a valid area name in Province.csv.
    • The corresponding in-game text will be looked up from world_names.csv as the same string capitalised and with underscores in place of whitespaces.
    • The number of different areas is currently limited to a ceiling of 1000. This limit will be removed in the future.
  • It is now possible to fill up infrastructure to max, even if the difference between current and maximal is smaller than the increase from one development.
    • Note that currently no IC/d reduction is granted for this development. That will be handled in the future.
  • Late-game performance degradation due to #units has been decreased.
  • Loading a convoy definition with invalid path will no longer force-quit the game; it will complain with a "Fatal Error" message as before but on "Ignore" skip the affected convoy instead.
  • The button "Remove all" on the leader selection screen now only removes all leaders from the same type of unit (Air, Land or Naval).
    • It currently lacks an "Are you sure" dialog, but that will return in the future.
  • The last entry in misc.txt/research now defines the standard deviation of a normal distribution centered on 0. A maximal deviation is not set.
  • There is no longer any hardcoded limitation on number of concurrently active tech teams (was 20 per country).
  • The program will now produce an error message loading a scenario, if an event contains a "picture" tag but the corresponding file cannot be found.
    • Ignoring this error will have no adverse effects for the end user.
    • Mod maintainers will probably be pestered by end users to fix such errors, if their mod triggers any.
    • The title will in a future version be changed to something less intimidating from "Critical Error!".
  • AI will no longer periodically rotate its production queue (as this led to disproportionate stretching of individually long build times, e.g. of Nuclear Reactor buildings or battleships).
  • Scenario option "Historical Event Choices" now makes the AI always select option_a in events with multiple options.
Fixes:
  • Aging tooltip incorrectly displayed a value modified by MP gain modifiers.
  • AI files in moddir needed a dummy file with same name in the base directory to be parsed.
  • AI switch commands in events triggered for the player produced a "Critical Error" message.
  • Air missions would filter out provinces within their zone of effect even when none were left as a result (esp. with single-province targets of Logistical Strike).
  • Stack traces in Error.txt would themselves produce further errors.
  • Event command "type = access_to_alliance" did not work.
  • Event command "type = add_prov_resource" set province income of the affected resource to 0, if after the addition it would have been negative.
  • Event commands "type = [add|remove]_team_research_type" did not work for "value = artillery".
  • Mission Efficiency of Shore Bombardment was taken from the Sub, should have come from the Dom.
  • Naval brigades in the deployment pool would revert to model 0 when the game was saved.
  • Research Project tooltip incorrectly used a static tooltip instead of the proper _RV_TECH_SPEED_MODIFIER_ variable from misc.txt.
  • "Okay"-button in client-side Options menu of pre-scenario lobby was not correctly aligned on the height axis.
  • Mouseover tooltip for the "money" symbol added income from MP into "Home Produced", additionally to listing it separately.
  • Tutorial missions failed to load because they imported trade convoys from main scenarios, but not the assorted trade treaties.
----
Softcode effects:
  • Events identical to others, except for additional "type = ai" effects, may now be merged into the originals, as AI file switching properly works for non-AI countries.
  • Entry "EE_POP" in Boostertext.csv is now unused and can be removed.
  • Line 4 of settings.cfg is now interpreted as the moddir if the game is not started with a moddir parameter.
  • The new Area system likely requires adjustments from mod maintainers. For reference diff world_names.csv against any earlier version.

Last edited:
Reactions:
1. Start tutorial 1, the game crashes.
Argh! Who thought it would be smart to import convoys from the 1936 start without also importing trades!?
... It's broken in 1.08 as well. Going to fix it anyway; as useless as the tutorial it is, being broken is arguably worse.

Good find. Never occurred to me to check the tutorial.
2. Start a single player game, quit the game, then start a single player game again, the game crashes.
Mmh, this one is a bit of a mystery. It does not happen while debug symbols are loaded. Eh, I have a rough idea what to look for.
- Do wish me luck though, if you have any to spare; this is one of the worst kinds of fault to diagnose.

addendum:

Convoys without their assorted trades are the sole reason for 1), it seems. Fixed.
- Will have at 2) for a while before I update the patch, so do not bother trying again until I give the word.

addendum 2:

2) seems to be a bug in Microsoft's VC++ dll. I linked statically instead. Fixed.

addendum 3:

Patch has been updated; both issues should be resolved.
As a side effect, invalid convoy pathes in saves and/or scenario definitions will no longer force the game to exit. Yay for free features!

... And because Avira AntiVir seemingly cannot shut up about it: VirusTotal scan result.
I already reported it as a false positive to Avira, remains to be seen when they will do something about it.

addendum 4:

Avira confirmed the false positive. At least they are fast.

Last edited:
Thanks for the patch will be testing in the weekend.

One note off the top before the weakend testing.

Not sure if its a minor proplem or not. This is another CORE mod proplem.

Some units and brigades have fixed bonuses, one of particular intrest for me is the engineer. In CORE there are 2 different types of enginers, simply put engineer(eng) and countruction engineer's(b_u9) however only the eng gets the engineer bonus for digin and rivercrossing, while it be nice to be able to change them in the unit files doing the code for it may take a while, so might it be possible to "inherit" the bonues form one unit type to a new one.

Well 2nd one come up from writing that also some what related to core. It is my understanding that the current number of division and brigade types has a hard coded limit and this limit is used up in CORE irc not sure if other mods have the same proplem. As the core for the brigades already exits it might be a easy job.

And the 3rd....

For building an command line to put a building to be build in a province, this mainly works at the moment EXCEPT for the synteatic oil and rubber, and building 30 + 30 of them and dumping them in 1 province is bit well.... cheasy....

4th An actual bug thats older than AoD?
Another note on the building aswell currently the "buildable_in_allied_provinces = yes" command does not work. Personaly when playing Japan this be a very big help if it worked, while japan has good IC it lacks nearly every resource. To be able to invest in Manchuria and China be a huge help for japan if you got the IC for it. For this one when building in allied provinces the manpower cost drained fristly from the target country, whit a optional allow builders manpower to be used for it?

5th note and 3rd note on building's....
Continuing on the above. If the above is fixed and option mayby for "buildable_in_neutral"? While this may be bit odd there is a good reason for it. Many that end up in the war will end up needing more than they produce, one classic example is germany and oil. Now whit that it be possible start building up the polesti oil fields from 36 or the oilfields of venezuela. Now obviusly this can be used for expolits and preparation for invasion to make supply path in siberia or need 150-175 in relation's to it to stey active? Naturaly the costs in this case is done by the builder 100% both IC & Manpower. Mayby block it if target country is in war it be a agressive action?

Short round up.
Unit's
Allowing new units to gain hardcoded benefits, by inherit or making them softcode.
Remove limit's on new division & brigades.

Buildings
Add command to add building('s) to the "Right-click popup menu"
Fix for the "buildable_in_allied_provinces = yes" in building_costs.txt
Add command to be able to invest in neutral country if the above is fixed.

Well so much for quick comment..... and waiting for weekend im off to test CORE balance whit the new fixes.

1st test Launcher: Unable to set screen resolution in the launcher. Running as admin dint help, game NOT in program files forlder.

This bug has been there for a while for me atlest, can fix manualy but for new/fresh gamers it help be able to use the launcher. Will test on fully fresh install at some point in the weekend. On that note does the new patch need any previus patch or can you put it on 1.0?

Edit: Checksum AQRW. Installed on 1.09 RC

2nd Test CORE: Installed CORE 70.7 and while it loaded up to country selection it failed to start the actual game.

Also tested on CORE 0.62.08 and same proplem.

Edit: Did a quick test the proplem is atlest in the way the 1.10 loads provinces.csv.

On a OpenOffice edit of provinces.csv(1.10 put -1 oil in paris) and the game failed to start afther selecting contry to play just like on CORE test. Restored the provinces.csv from 1.10 patch edited file in Notepad++(paris -1 oil at start) and redid the test. On this run there where no proplem's.

Did the same edit in 1.08 using OpenOffice and it loaded fine.

Last edited:
@Zsumi: Did you apply my fixpack to your CORE installation? Did the game complain about anything when failing to start?
... Have not tested the last two RCs with CORE, but before it worked just fine.

addendum: Just tried it myself and was able to start a CORE scenario normally as GER.

addendum 2: Noticed I had made a mistake in the fixpack: forgot the folder ai/switch. Updating it now.

Last edited:
Ah have to say no to useign the fixpack, missed your post at some point. Will try agen.

Edit: I do remenber that something about the philipine's in 1.1, but i guess the fixpack got lost among the AoD's versions i got, or mayby deciding to del the CORE folder to get the "vanilla" CORE........ afther restart. Brain works so well afther midnight.....

Give me a couple of minutes and the fixpack will actually work. Messed up a couple of AI file paths.
... The internet connection in third-world country Brandenburg is unbearably slow.

addendum: Fixpack uploaded. No time to test it right now; will correct any faults (if any are found) in ~twelve hours, give or take.

Last edited:
Sorry will have to wait until the morning, bit too sleepy atm but got plenty of time to test tomorrow. But thanks for your hard work

4th An actual bug thats older than AoD?
Another note on the building aswell currently the "buildable_in_allied_provinces = yes" command does not work.

It might be useful to determine how it is supposed to work. It does work for builings that are not being build in a specific province. The UK can build and stockpile forts and airbases through 1938 and early 1939 till in april 1939 Poland joins it alliance. Then the UK can place those forts and airbases in poland. Poland will have to repair them from 50% to 100% strenght.

The combination of "buildable_in_allied_provinces" and "only_buildable_in_provinces" however does not work. That is the case for Infra.

If this cannot be changed(for AoD 1.11) it might be convenient if buildings built in specific provinces would be transferred to the building queue of a liberated nation. So if germany builds Infra in the provinces of malaysia and then releases it as a puppet those Infra builds would end up in the building queue of malaysia.

5th note and 3rd note on building's....
Continuing on the above. If the above is fixed and option mayby for "buildable_in_neutral"? While this may be bit odd there is a good reason for it. Many that end up in the war will end up needing more than they produce, one classic example is germany and oil. Now whit that it be possible start building up the polesti oil fields from 36 or the oilfields of venezuela.

In AoD 1.09 and thus AoD 1.10 those oil fields are being increased to 200% Infra by those nations themselfs. This greatly decreases the amount of cases where this will be relevant.

Well looks like someone is very good at comming up whit exploits, but few lets clear up a few things here.

It might be useful to determine how it is supposed to work. It does work for builings that are not being build in a specific province. The UK can build and stockpile forts and airbases through 1938 and early 1939 till in april 1939 Poland joins it alliance. Then the UK can place those forts and airbases in poland. Poland will have to repair them from 50% to 100% strenght.

The very proplem in that is that you are not building anything in a province when deploying building in a allied province, you a waving a magicwand and hola fortifications. Deployment and building is different, how the code works now is a likely very old bublegum fix from HOI 2 days. This mayby more of a debate of linquistics and definations rather than feature talk.

The combination of "buildable_in_allied_provinces" and "only_buildable_in_provinces" however does not work. That is the case for Infra.

This is not about infra, it applies to any building that has the 2 modifiers, and they can be activated in any or removed from any. So if you whant to deploy infra in allies you can do that by editing the files, but this is not building. Useing the feature as it now is 100% broken. you can get all of sahara from its current level to 100/200 in one day.

In AoD 1.09 and thus AoD 1.10 those oil fields are being increased to 200% Infra by those nations themselfs. This greatly decreases the amount of cases where this will be relevant.

This is for AoD vanilla and what i read from the forums a while back, it also weakens the ai as does not know how to balance the buildup of infra.

Now lets talk about how to impliment it.

buildable_in_allied_province:

Well lets look at it first from your perspective and how it currently works. Any building that you can build from main production window can be deployed to anywhere that you own. If this modifier is active, you can deploy it to an allied province, there is no limitation on how meny you can place in one spot, or about oversee's deployment.

How i think it ment to work, but never got finished. I initialy planned to writing a detailed version but desided on a short version.

1st No deployment of any building to any allied province.
2nd To build a building that is allowed to be builded in allied province you need to build it in the province.
3rd If a target country is building the same building at the same province use the 2x, or 3x build speed modifier to it. Will likely add more to this at some point of the day(or in a new post).

Simply put buildable_in_allied_province always includes only_buildable_in_provinces when the building is being build for outside the country(using the pop up menu, or province window). This is a simply way to get the intended functionaly whitout having to worry about exploiting.

Will check back later if you got other question about it. The points you made where good but i still think the command is bugged as it is now.

Hello update agen.

@Zsar1 The fix you made in post #3 appers only to apply to vanilla and not for mod folder, i get the same CTD as indicaded in post #2 while playing CORE.

Vanilla AoD save loading works normaly.

Hello update agen.

@Zsar1 The fix you made in post #3 appers only to apply to vanilla and not for mod folder, i get the same CTD as indicaded in post #2 while playing CORE.

Vanilla AoD save loading works normaly.
Err, there were two issues. I tried starting several CORE games in a row and it worked. The tutorial not working in a mod is to be expected. (I will fix that later with low priority though.)

Ah yes CORE starts yes, but save the game and load that. Atlest for me it crashed on the convoy thing.

Ah yes CORE starts yes, but save the game and load that. Atlest for me it crashed on the convoy thing.
That, however, is entirely unrelated to the former two issues. I dug around a bit and right now it does not seem that the game is at fault - more likely I have made a mistake with the fixpack.

Issue is that the ENG AI creates two convoys whose pathes are indeed empty: They have no starting province, no end province and no provinces inbetween (obviously, where would the "inbetween" come from without beginning and end).
No other country does this and when ENG is a player, it does not happen at all.

Note that this is not a crash at all. If you choose "Ignore", then the offending convoy is deleted from the scenario and loading continues normally. Sadly the ENG AI will then create another empty convoy to take its place.

Will continue to investigate.

Installed the 1.10 Patch, CORE and Zsar1's Fixpack for CORE. Same issues as you others, a few error messages for misspelled event pictures and the empty convoy bug. But clicking 'Ignore' worked just fine. Other than that, started as GER and played till 9/1/39, no crash and no apparent bugs.

Just wondering, are 2 text errors I encountered CORE-specific or Vanilla?When a spy mission delays production of (I Think) AA/IC/Infrastructure no target is named in the message pop-up and the message when a nation revokes Military Access for another nation is bugged as well.