1.10 - Expansion Features and Free Features

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just checking: vassals at >50 liberty desire don't pay their overlord anymore? That's actually cool :)
I'm the invisible man... :)

On a more serious note: there's a missing verb in the patch notes, so: do vassals at >50 liberty desire not pay taxes to their overlord?

(free)
- Added a new disaster for the Ottomans, called the Janissary Decadence, which replaces some parts of the old event-chain for janissaries. Enjoy a disaster without unrest.
Did you also make any changes to the formation event for the Janissaries? Right now it's crap shot whether you will get any Janissaries at all when playing the Ottomans, depending on a MTTH of 1000 months till 1500.
Also, if the Ottoman disaster is free stuff, shouldn't the Dacke Feud be free as well, considering there is no obvious connection with the El Dorado theme?

Did you also make any changes to the formation event for the Janissaries? Right now it's crap shot whether you will get any Janissaries at all when playing the Ottomans, depending on a MTTH of 1000 months till 1500.
Also, if the Ottoman disaster is free stuff, shouldn't the Dacke Feud be free as well, considering there is no obvious connection with the El Dorado theme?

Dacke Feud is a free feature, seems to have ended up in the wrong part of the changelog.

Dacke Feud is a free feature, seems to have ended up in the wrong part of the changelog.

And I hoped for real p2w/p2l feature. You dissapoint me Wiz. :(

I really hope the changes to vassals shake up the gameplay, especially in regards to France
Does it also apply to Japan? (If so Japan would have a REALLY had time keeping things in check

OMG new achievements.....it's more and more difficult to finish all those achievements....

quoting this comment on "What is the theoretically longest speed run"
Europa Universalis 4 all achievements.

No one speed runs it for several good reasons. But since we're just doing theory, lets see how long it would take.

Three Mountains - This one has only been done a handful of times. It took DDRJake 68 hours to do this one, plus 2-3 more hours off stream when he was spamming exploits (he didn't want to bore people with hours of autoclicker). He wasn't speed running, but considering that he barely made the objective before the end of the game, its likely that he would have failed if he was trying to go much faster. We'll say an estimate is 60 hours. Current Total: 60 hours.

The following achievements all require playing for an extensive amount of time, each as a different nation, so they all require unique playthroughs: Gothic Invasion, Jihad, Norwegian Wood, Basellius, African Power, Foremost Servitor of Jagannath, The Great Khan, The Re-Reconquista, The Sun Never Sets on the Indian Empire, Albania or Iberia, Raja of the Rajput Reich, Sons of Carthage, Holy Trinity, Prester John, Switzerlake, and Sunset Invasion, Poland can into space, No trail of tears. We'll say 40 hours each.

Current Total: 780 hours.

These achievements again require unique playthroughs, but are achievable much earlier into the game: Definitely the Sultan of Rum, Bengal Tiger, Queen of Mercury, The pen is mightier than the sword, The Iron Price, Kow-Tow, Luck of the Irish, Krabater, The Chrysanthemum Throne, King of Jerusalem, Sinaasappel, Spain is the Emperor, A Manchurian Candidate, Sweden is not overpowered, Venetian Sea, One night in Paris, Nobody wants to die, The Spice Must Flow, Liberty or Death, All belongs to Mother Russia, Azur semé de lis or, Dracula's Revenge. We'll say 10 hours each.

Final Total: 1000 hours.

The rest of the achievements are obtainable with minimal effort incidentally during the other required runs and require no additional time. A few that might require explanation: Je maintiendrai (get during Sinaasappel), Barbarossa (get during Sons of Carthage), An early Reich (get during Gothic Invasion), Lion of the North (get during Sweden is not overpowered), Italian Ambition (get during Venitian Sea), Turning the Tide (get during Great Khan), No Pirates in my Caribbean (get during Spain is the Emperor), Shahanshah (can be cheesed by playing Timurids and releasing Taberestan).

I admit I just want to quote this comment somehow.

- Larger Colonial Nations (10 provinces or more) now provide a merchant
Could you tell us why it was decided to add this as a DLC feature? I think it's kinda unfair that you get a flat bonus if you buy the DLC and that's not the usual Paradox Policy , and also seems more related with expansions like Wealth of Nation and Conquest of Paradise.

There are new NIs, they will be in the full patchnotes but here's a sneak peek:

- Added National Ideas for Candar.
I knew you'd give me something to look forward to in this, just took awhile for you to spit it out. :)

I'm the invisible man... :)

On a more serious note: there's a missing verb in the patch notes, so: do vassals at >50 liberty desire not pay taxes to their overlord?

According to Dev Diary 3 they don't pay their overlord, send troops to war, and look for countries to support independence/look to support other disloyal members. So unless they changed it for some balance reason, your assumption should be correct.

quoting this comment on "What is the theoretically longest speed run"

I admit I just want to quote this comment somehow.
Holy Trinity can be done very quickly.
Still I think it would take most players a great deal longer than 1000 hours to complete the set.
So, 10 more doesn't make much difference ;-)

Nice to see new NI's, but can we expect some for countries like Tabarestan (which has an achievement associated with it), Mutapa etc. in the future?

With Tabarestan, you're generally going to be looking to form Persia, so the unique ones would end up being lost. Now, I certainly wouldn't object to having them, but I think there are other nations needing them more.

My pet "needs unique NIs" nation is Bukhara - the whole point of forming them is that you are abandoning the traditional "horde" ways (hence why Sibir becomes independant), so guess what ideas Buhkara gets? Yep...the horde ones...