• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tayya

Seglar mot nya världen i 1822
36 Badges
Mar 6, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • 500k Club
1. When the Hansa gets Bergen, Iceland declares independence. Not supposed to happen.

2. The Friesland converts Holland event is bugged, as the description becomes the title. Is this true for other FRI events?

1. When the Hansa gets Bergen, Iceland declares independence. Not supposed to happen.

2. The Friesland converts Holland event is bugged, as the description becomes the title. Is this true for other FRI events?

I'll check and make corrections. Thanks.

- cossacks AI_Event (bunch of cores, -5 inflation, cavalery triggers for human as well in same manner). for human this should have much less "goodies" especially getting a -5 inflation in 1428:rolleyes:.so for a human version of this event i prupose the 200 cash + SOME cavalery maybe and the cores(why not the 2 crimean provinces right in this nation's backyard? or could be gained later?)
-also please add -4 bb(dowing without cb via event). this is to assure that not every nation dows them at the same time while cossacks are trying to take on golden horde(you could give them some more bb AFTER cores are taken, if you insist, or at least in a later event).

generally, at least on very hard/weaklening, the ai usually dows any other nation that reaches between 6-9 bb( in the earlly game at least and when the bb is gained at ONCE such as in annexing). come to think of it, the sequences that still do not work fully as intended are related to the facts that in general the bb is given(via event) BEFORE the cores are taken(so in AI vs AI wars, this is definately a problem).

Last edited:
I will add -bb to some of those events. As you say, the ai Cossacks cannot cope with more than one war at a time, but then who can?

I won't be making a non-ai version. The player doesn't need an event to attack. If you can afford a war, then go to war. Otherwise, don't.

Not all the Elite Slaves are 2-3-3:

Code:
historicalleader = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 37753 }
	startdate = {
		day = 1
		month = january
		year = 1435
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 1
		month = january
		year = 1445
	}
	name = "Elite Slaves"
	category = general
	rank = 12
	movement = 2
	fire = 3
	shock = 4
	siege = 0
	dormant = yes
}
Code:
historicalleader = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 37758 }
	startdate = {
		day = 1
		month = january
		year = 1485
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 1
		month = january
		year = 1495
	}
	name = "Elite Slaves"
	category = general
	rank = 12
	movement = 2
	fire = 2
	shock = 3
	siege = 0
	dormant = yes
}

----

What is the point of having any leader with a stat lower than 2? In my opinion, that is only detrimental to playing experience. What I am suggesting is that such a thing should be considered a bug.

Last edited:
What is the point of having any leader with a stat lower than 2? In my opinion, that is only detrimental to playing experience. What I am suggesting is that such a thing should be considered a bug.

Thanks for catching that 4 I missed.

What "less than 2" ae you referring to?

If you mean the siege rating, well, 99% of all leaders have siege 0.

What "less than 2" ae you referring to?

If you mean the siege rating, well, 99% of all leaders have siege 0.
There are a number of leaders in the game with shock or fire values of 1 (or even 0). Since generic leaders have 2, it is my opinion that any other leader should have at least 2 as well.

This guy is an example of a leader that could do very little but be in the way. With his rank he would enter battles and steal command, thus making chances to win less, independent of the former leader (since he is worse than 2-2-2):

Code:
historicalleader = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 32834 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1552
		month = july
		day = 8
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1590
	}
	name = "Qadez"
	category = monarch
	rank = 0
	movement = 2
	fire = 2
	shock = 1
	siege = 1
}

The one advantage is his siege point. With a slider setting of any decency (ie, offensive 9), that advantage is lost and this leader is useless for anything but siege-stealing. And that has a very limited use.

This guy is even worse:

Code:
historicalleader = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 32836 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1630
		month = may
		day = 15
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1643
		month = october
		day = 5
	}
	name = "Said I"
	category = monarch
	rank = 0
	movement = 2
	fire = 1
	shock = 2
	siege = 0
}
He doesn't even have a siege point.

And to prove there are 0-statters:

Code:
historicalleader = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 32838 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1700
		month = march
		day = 23
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1721
		month = september
		day = 10
	}
	name = "Ismail"
	category = monarch
	rank = 0
	movement = 1
	fire = 4
	shock = 0
	siege = 1
}
Fire 4 is great, but shock 0 would mean he would rarely be used anyway. And movement 1? I just don't get it. Why have a leader in the game that is worse than the common colonel?

My suggestion is of course to make any 1 or 0 into a 2 (for fire, shock and movement). Alternatively, but less interesting, deletion.

Last edited:
There are a number of leaders in the game with shock or fire values of 1 (or even 0). Since generic leaders have 2, it is my opinion that any other leader should have at least 2 as well.

This guy is an example of a leader that could do very little but be in the way. With his rank he would enter battles and steal command, thus making chances to win less, independent of the former leader (since he is worse than 2-2-2):

Fire 4 is great, but shock 0 would mean he would rarely be used anyway. And movement 1? I just don't get it. Why have a leader in the game that is worse than the common colonel?

My suggestion is of course to make any 1 or 0 into a 2 (for fire, shock and movement). Alternatively, but less interesting, deletion.

those leaders are in general intended for AI vs AI or to help certain AI results along since ai will use this leaders = increase the odds of LOOSING.

a human can easilly NOT use them(send them on a siucide mission against rebels or even disband as a 1k army)...

1. Most of the leaders with 0 or 1 stats are created by the generic program. I did not check through the many hundreds created for any which were too weak. That might be a useful task, but it would cull out very few, I suspect.

2. Every leader without a siege rating (most) effectively has "siege = 0" because 0 is the default value. Some modders bother writing it out, some don't. The generically-created ones all have the siege value as part of the script.

3. Even a 1/1/1 monarch leader can be useful. Monarchs take control of sieges, as they are the highest-ranking leader (unless there is another monarch already there, of course). This makes them priceless to a player. Let your allies undertake a siege and walk in with the monarch with a few days to go and take over. Because of this exploit you will find realtively few scripted monarch leaders in Interregnum.

4. If you don't think a leader has value, don't use him!

Poland - after union with pomerania poland has no flag or shield

Curses.

I added the Poland-Pommerania floag shield set but must have made a mistake with the transcription of the flag command.

Thanks. I'll fix.

Is the file any good ...?

In the koj file. First, sometimes the flag used is jer_crusader, and sometimes it's just jer_crusade. Second, the event where the order of solomon rebels requires the koj to have lost a province-- and the koj will always have lost a province by that point: cyprus.

In the koj file. First, sometimes the flag used is jer_crusader, and sometimes it's just jer_crusade. Second, the event where the order of solomon rebels requires the koj to have lost a province-- and the koj will always have lost a province by that point: cyprus.

Good point.

I'll fix both.

2. Every leader without a siege rating (most) effectively has "siege = 0" because 0 is the default value. Some modders bother writing it out, some don't. The generically-created ones all have the siege value as part of the script.
I know this. The complaint concerns shock and fire only (and in some manner, manoeuvre).

3. Even a 1/1/1 monarch leader can be useful. Monarchs take control of sieges, as they are the highest-ranking leader (unless there is another monarch already there, of course). This makes them priceless to a player. Let your allies undertake a siege and walk in with the monarch with a few days to go and take over. Because of this exploit you will find realtively few scripted monarch leaders in Interregnum.
Good for AI wars, and AI wars only. PvP wars are much different, and a 1/1/1 monarch would only be in the way. He would take command of a battle he enters, and lower chances of success.

4. If you don't think a leader has value, don't use him!
Fair enough, but since the game does not allow disbanding of leaders, they will stand as an annoying 1k army in the back of your nation, doing nothing. So why not alter/delete them? That was my original point. But ok, I am convinced.

Fair enough, but since the game does not allow disbanding of leaders, they will stand as an annoying 1k army in the back of your nation, doing nothing. So why not alter/delete them? That was my original point. But ok, I am convinced.

Its actually quite realistic. I mean, you have to keep the crappy officers occupied somehow.

i agree with post 19..........being of royal birth does not gaurantee that you have a brilliant military mind.
Just need to live with bad stats