• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mordachai

Second Lieutenant
31 Badges
Jun 1, 2004
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • BATTLETECH
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Ancient Space
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Deus Vult
I haven't seen this posted - but with 157 pages of posts, hard to know if it is anywhere else...

Anyway, I noticed that when I was attacking the Russians as the Germans, whenever I was attacking in a storm, the defending Russians would get an equipment bonus (as they should) but they never got the weather penalty it was meant to offset!!!

Obviously, this is just wrong.

Upvote 0
Mordachai said:
I haven't seen this posted - but with 157 pages of posts, hard to know if it is anywhere else...

Anyway, I noticed that when I was attacking the Russians as the Germans, whenever I was attacking in a storm, the defending Russians would get an equipment bonus (as they should) but they never got the weather penalty it was meant to offset!!!

Obviously, this is just wrong.

How big was that bonus? AFAIK, there should be no bonusses or penalties for defending during a storm and there are no techs that change this. You may have encountered a problem with the terrain modifiers, where they pick up a value of another modifier. This will show as an equipment bonus in the tooltips. See this thread for more info Rivercrossing -65 problem

Last edited:
I think it should be penaltys defending during storm since it hard to aim with rain wipping your face. Ofcurse atackers should have bigger penalty when attacking during storm.