• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
MattyG said:
In this case I don't care much for it. :)

If it bugs you enough, you know how to edit it in your copy. :cool:

Oh, I'm totally fine. I was just bringing up why they will probably not "see the error" of their ways. :p

Not really a bug, but a few of the Iberian crusade events ought to be redone. As far as I can tell, the "Continue the Crusade" events don't have war command in them, resulting in the silly need to declare war on your own which gives a nasty -5 stability hit.

Also, the condition that Savoy must be at peace with Al-Andalus should be removed from the triggers for the Bavarian minor crusade victory event. It doesn't make any sense for that to be a requirement to continue the crusade, as far as I can tell.

TC Pilot said:
Not really a bug, but a few of the Iberian crusade events ought to be redone. As far as I can tell, the "Continue the Crusade" events don't have war command in them, resulting in the silly need to declare war on your own which gives a nasty -5 stability hit.

Also, the condition that Savoy must be at peace with Al-Andalus should be removed from the triggers for the Bavarian minor crusade victory event. It doesn't make any sense for that to be a requirement to continue the crusade, as far as I can tell.

I had already done the first item for 1.07, but thanks very much all the same.

Made the suggested change on the second item. Thanks again.

Navarra became a vassal of itself, I'm unsure what this implies but it looks very awkward nevertheless. :s
I'm going to assume that it has something to do with the province of Cantabria as this happens to León as well I've heard.

1.07 ought to resolve the last of these little glitches, with additional trigger conditions for some of those crusade events.

constant instant ctd on feb 13(forgat year, but when egypt gets split in 2) IF mameluks do not OWN alexandria/nile/delta.

ah and one more thing that is VERY annoying in this mod. when the player NEEDS to save and rehost and change the nation(tag) , like in the example above to see what is wrong or "fix" wars that go on forever...there is always for me ctd when rehosting again and SWITCHING tag back . and the nasty ctd wich requiers long waiting or reboot, grrrrrrrrrrrrr

NO IDEA why only happens in this mod but if i would venture guessing i would look at those generic events "i see you playing (country)...."

Last edited:
this is an odd bug; see the date when reseach would REACH 100% and the amount of it needed :rofl:
(just gained 9 trade, and the numbers show the "details" for getting trade 10)

Yes, that cost for Trade is pretty steep.

However, the costs for the techs isn't something we can modify very much in the mods.

What we did do is make sure that the "ahead of time" penalty for level 10 (only) will always be there, as we set the year at 9999. But the ahead of time penalty only adds 10% to the cost (AFAIK) of that level.

I will check the events for the Mameluke civil war, but I can't see how a simple event like "I see you're playing..." could cause problems. It's just an event and it doesn't affect tags, shields or anything else significant.

OK, so I have altered the basic triggers of the event from

countrysize = 2

to

owned = { province = 746 data = -1 }
owned = { province = 744 data = -1 }

So, Mamalukes have to have at least the capital province for each of EGY and FAT.

Last edited:
MattyG said:
Yes, that cost for Trade is pretty steep.

However, the costs for the techs isn't something we can modify very much in the mods.

What we did do is make sure that the "ahead of time" penalty for level 10 (only) will always be there, as we set the year at 9999. But the ahead of time penalty only adds 10% to the cost (AFAIK) of that level.

I will check the events for the Mameluke civil war, but I can't see how a simple event like "I see you're playing..." could cause problems. It's just an event and it doesn't affect tags, shields or anything else significant.

OK, so I have altered the basic triggers of the event from

countrysize = 2

to

owned = { province = 746 data = -1 }
owned = { province = 744 data = -1 }

So, Mamalukes have to have at least the capital province for each of EGY and FAT.
was NOT reffering to the cost....look a bit closer and see the DATE at wich trade 10 will be reach,.....(the SAME month/year as the present, LOL); obviouslly it wont, but it shows that every month is THE month to reach 10, while it just started a few months before...does not seem to couse any ctd or wiered stuff, just looks VERY funny(and abnormal). :rofl:

the mameluks thingy was not happening in the previous versions(it was an issue, but very LONG time ago and was fixed then); only since the events were "brought" back

I see.

Yes. Weird.

The mameluke events were never takem away so they can't be brought back.

The flaw in the triggers is very very specific, in that it requires MAM at the time of the event to not control any of the provinces attributed to one side. I bet this is one of the only times the crash occured.

Still, it was worth tidying up.

I am back from a conference I was at all week.

I will work on 1.07 and have it uploaded late tonight, maybe midnight BC time.

Matty

MattyG said:
I see.

Yes. Weird.

The mameluke events were never takem away so they can't be brought back.

The flaw in the triggers is very very specific, in that it requires MAM at the time of the event to not control any of the provinces attributed to one side. I bet this is one of the only times the crash occured.

Still, it was worth tidying up.

I am back from a conference I was at all week.

I will work on 1.07 and have it uploaded late tonight, maybe midnight BC time.

Matty
- cool (about the upload) :)

-and no, the mameluks thingy is not just one time, since mameluks generally LOOSE to calipath earlly on , as ai(about 70% chance in my games ;) . and latelly that seems even more when counting the strong telcemen.

-also the mameluks event were NOT working in the recent releases, that is what i was reffering by "bringing the events back". i better stop using "metaphores" wich assume everyone knows already what i am reffering to without me actually beeing specific :D
MattyG said:
I bet this is one of the only times the crash occured.

it sounds to me as saying "shup-up" in an indirect manner :D
of course i could be wrong...

anyway "hurry up" and release 1.07 would be my indirect comment :D

Last edited: