• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, yeah.

Karei's Mod Launcher has ruined everything.

None of my mods work correctly, with or without using Karei's mod launcher, for the same reason it does not work for Blaster.

As a further downside, I can't script unless the mod works.

Time Consumer said:
So, yeah.

Karei's Mod Launcher has ruined everything.

None of my mods work correctly, with or without using Karei's mod launcher, for the same reason it does not work for Blaster.

As a further downside, I can't script unless the mod works.

It should start if you rename the folder into something which does not contain spaces. Also if you simply click ignore on the gfx Palette thingies, the game will work - there are only some unit problems with Byzantium and I think, the Caliphate.

Karei has actually damaged my completely stable Interregnum 1.03 :| It now experiences the same exact problems as the 1.05 Beta.

Even when I don't use Karei's mod launcher to run Interregnum 1.03, I get those errors.

That, is something seriously honestly wrong. I want to know -why-.

MattyG said:
That's intriguing. The Mameluke events have worked for years and have been playtested extensively.

i second that; just noticed as well...
panther PLEASE get those event files "back". mamluks is one of the most FUN nation to play in this mod when it comes to well tought and intriguing events( and its choices).

hm tried mameluks, and had 3 events firing on me up to 1432 (thats when the game crashed somehow, and id idnt save so :\) and all of them worked fine. ill try to run it till 1600 or so to see if theres anything not working.

Colonel_General said:
hm tried mameluks, and had 3 events firing on me up to 1432 (thats when the game crashed somehow, and id idnt save so :\) and all of them worked fine. ill try to run it till 1600 or so to see if theres anything not working.

Were those by any chance "Flooding affects the Nile" type of events? If so, don't forget that they are random.

no no, one was about the jihad iniciated by the caliphate, and sending 10k troops (worked fine), the other 2 cant remember them actually, they were random.

I have the solution.

I have no idea how I did this, but I removed the file from the events.txt, so the game isn't trying to find that event file.

It's something I did between 1.03 and 1.04. Certainly not intentional, must have been a mistake created by some cutting and pasting. :eek:

It is restored for 1.05. Everyone can relax. :)

panther-anthro said:
o_O okay then, thanks Matty. I guess that was the problem. Could've told me about this -raises paw in anger!-

I just did. :wacko:

I only discovered it this morning!

So, we still have no fix for my poor mods? If not, I would at least like the latest error-free version (is the 1.05 at top sans the palette errors?).

Time Consumer said:
So, we still have no fix for my poor mods? If not, I would at least like the latest error-free version (is the 1.05 at top sans the palette errors?).

Hm? You can just click yes you know for csv right in karei? It says that for all mods, they run fine, you should probably rename the files to just 1 word though, I renamed interregnum to interregnum 1.

But, 1.05 might run better for you.

I think Karei does a little more than just complain about things that aren't there. It has caused previously perfectly fine mods, even run on their own without going through Karei, complain about those palette errors. It frustrates me.

Explain that to Interregnum 1.03

Karei complains about something a bit different for Interregnum 1.05, "colorscales.csv"

It wants to write in it (proof right there that it -does- change things). Should I allow it to do so (that is, change the file from read only)?

Time Consumer said:
Explain that to Interregnum 1.03

Karei complains about something a bit different for Interregnum 1.05, "colorscales.csv"

It wants to write in it (proof right there that it -does- change things). Should I allow it to do so (that is, change the file from read only)?

Ugh, just hit yes to run it regardless, it affects nothing in the game. Seriously, it asks that no matter what, you don't need to change anything, just hit yes that it's fine. The mod will run fine, as long as you renamed it to be 1 word.