• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fixed BETA 1 is out, and I tested to make sure all of it works. It's good so it seems.

BETA 2 should be out by tomorrow, I want to get the monarchs done for Brandenburg/Saxony. Also, I want to put in a few more events for Saxony.

Last edited:
Errors in the FIXED BETA 1

Hello, I've checked it with a script and found some syntax errors as follows:

- "FLA_DESC"s are duplicated (l. 1533 and 1537) and they should be merged.
- "EVENTHIST3081" (l. 9019 - 9020) includes an extra linebreak in its text.
- These texts includes extra semicorons:

STANDARDGAME_3;Version 1.05 4 ;;;;;;;;;;;331,,,,,,,

MAM_DESC;In 1250 the Mameluks replaced the Ayyubid dynasty in Egypt and their first dynasty, [...] Even if the Bahris and Burgis were crushed, the Mameluks had not lost all their power and were still a large part of the army;;;;;;;;;;;1481,,,,,,,,,,,,

u35_GC_VPTACTIC;In this time of division in China, the Ming stand ready to make strong gains against any one of its neighbors by means of its powerful army. Take advantage of the situation immediately and swallow up as many Chinese provinces as possible; t : This will put the Ming in a strong position when the time comes to decide the future of China as a whole.;;;;;;;;;;6377

EVENTHIST3378;Well aware that he would never again see his homeland, [...] The Palace contained a most elaborate courtyard, with a fecund garden in bloom year-round; , a zoo; , and wonderously ornate fountains and ponds. Some Christian diplomats called it the Garden of Europe. In 1569, the Sultan hired the Byzantine Turk Mimar Sinian to undertake a grand expansion of the Rusafa that would awe and humble visitors for centuries to come.;;;;;;;;;;7995,,,,,,,,

I'm looking forward to seeing the new version :)

Not quite sure, but there seems to be a misspelling in the Byzantine event 201935 that's supposed to change it back to orthodox tech after losing southern Italy. "orthodox" is misspelled "torthodox" so I doubt it'll fire properly.

"eu2.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file."
MattyG made this bat file.
Thank you for playing Interregnum!
Press any key to continue...

So. Yeah. :confused:

One little tinsy problem.:) The space in the title of the mod. Karei will not launch it properly unless it is deleted or renamed into simply Interregnum or something like that.

Also, during loading: Palette 'gfx\palette\Kaigon_BYZ PALETTEL-1.bmp' not found, followed by a few others.

Edit: but the game itself seems to be working fine:D.

Last edited:
Uhm, guys, I've playtested it about 5 times. The Saxony and Brandenburg events are working just fine and I didn't have any problems whatsoever in the rest.

However, a serious issue (which I know is a leftover from the original Interregnum but I kept forgetting to post it): The Mameluk events don't work. (Only the random Nile floodings)

Vandervecken said:
Uhm, guys, I've playtested it about 5 times. The Saxony and Brandenburg events are working just fine and I didn't have any problems whatsoever in the rest.

However, a serious issue (which I know is a leftover from the original Interregnum but I kept forgetting to post it): The Mameluk events don't work. (Only the random Nile floodings)

That's intriguing. The Mameluke events have worked for years and have been playtested extensively.

MattyG said:
That's intriguing. The Mameluke events have worked for years and have been playtested extensively.

Yes, I thought as much, and I'm certain this is the case. Nevertheless, this keeps happening to me, whenever and wherever I install Interregnum. This and the fortifications bug are arguably the biggest turn offs of the mod. (I have seen on more then one occasion level 3 colonies with a maximum fortress). I have nothing but good words for the rest:).

66m9gj.jpg

EDIT: is anyone going to help me through this error? :)

Last edited:
Vandervecken said:
Yes, I thought as much, and I'm certain this is the case. Nevertheless, this keeps happening to me, whenever and wherever I install Interregnum. This and the fortifications bug are arguably the biggest turn offs of the mod. (I have seen on more then one occasion level 3 colonies with a maximum fortress). I have nothing but good words for the rest:).

I can think of one solution for the fortification issue.

First, the random fort events could be designed to happen only once each OR, they could be designed to happen only for players, not the the ai, which generally should move toward Offensive, as Defensive is a trickier strategy for the ai to play.

As for the ai chosing to spend its money on forts, there's nothing anyone but the Source Code Team can do about it.

Have you tried playing the Mamelukes?

Hm, yes I spent a while browsing the random events but still couldn't understand how it was possible for the Cossack Hetmanate to have a level 4 colony in South America with a maximum fort. And it wasn't the dreaded million ducat bug. I checked.

Yes, I've tried playing the Mameluks over and over. Reinstalled. Rewamped. Everything I thought possible. No clue why they don't work, however, if I install Aberration they do work then for instance.

Vandervecken said:
Hm, yes I spent a while browsing the random events but still couldn't understand how it was possible for the Cossack Hetmanate to have a level 4 colony in South America with a maximum fort. And it wasn't the dreaded million ducat bug. I checked.

Yes, I've tried playing the Mameluks over and over. Reinstalled. Rewamped. Everything I thought possible. No clue why they don't work, however, if I install Aberration they do work then for instance.

OK, well, the Cossack hetmanate having colonies is the coolest thing I have yet heard of. :D

But a level four fortress. Wow, are they scared.

I will have a look at the Mamelukes tonight. Thanks.