• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

quintelosky

Ingeniero del HoI2
10 Badges
Oct 2, 2005
www.quintelosky.com
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Deus Vult
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
I'm pleasantly surprised with the update. I really enjoy this expansion and patches keep this game playable.

However, I really don't find this new terra incognito feature useful. Black spots on the campaign map really fires up my vertigo. There were enough impassable terrains in the 1.03 and it was making the same point really. But the biggest problem is that now it's impossible to grant independence to several countries (e.g. India) because some of their minimum required national provinces fall under terra incognito and "db/revolt.txt" is not properly updated to reflect that.
Also, I noticed that in 1934 scenario, Finnish Winter War and Second Sino-Japanese War never occur. Although I'm not sure if it was always the case or is this an intentional change.

Long story short; please look over these issues if you have the time and thank you for your efforts.
Keep up the good work!

I'm pleasantly surprised with the update. I really enjoy this expansion and patches keep this game playable.

However, I really don't find this new terra incognito feature useful. Black spots on the campaign map really fires up my vertigo. There were enough impassable terrains in the 1.03 and it was making the same point really. But the biggest problem is that now it's impossible to grant independence to several countries (e.g. India) because some of their minimum required national provinces fall under terra incognito and "db/revolt.txt" is not properly updated to reflect that.
Also, I noticed that in 1934 scenario, Finnish Winter War and Second Sino-Japanese War never occur. Although I'm not sure if it was always the case or is this an intentional change.

Long story short; please look over these issues if you have the time and thank you for your efforts.
Keep up the good work!

Terra Incognita:

V. Arma by launcher

DH and AoD:

db\province_terrainc_list.inc

that is like that:

map = {
}

Terra Incognita:

V. Arma by launcher

DH and AoD:

db\province_terrainc_list.inc

that is like that:

map = {
}

Thought of that.
I was asking for a way to make terra incognita work the way its intended without the need to edit national provinces of several countries.
But you're probably right. It's a better fix to just completely remove that function for now.
Thanks for the tip.

Hi,

Probably a silly question but is this patch compatible with darkest hour patch 1.05?

Hi, thanks for the update.

I like the tech teams gaining skill. Can team skill go to ten? what is the highest tech team skill?

DB

Just dropping by to say "thanks" for still working on the project.
I played a lot of mod34 and DH (on release), but got sidetracked for a while.
I'm currently in the process to reassess Iron Cross and Darkest Hour and figure out all the differences/nuances, which seems rather tough without investing a lot of time and effort into scanning the code. Would love to directly support/contribute to both projects, but seems like saying thanks is the most I can do at the moment. Doubt I will be able to dig deep enough to actually make suggestions.
Will simply copy this post to both forums because I have yet to decide which I prefer and diversity is always great.

Feel free to try. but i had to make a new install of DH and only patch to 1.04 to get it to work. Now I am just trying to figure out why all the generals die in the first 2 days of combat.