1.0.4 Patch - Is there a Mod (or a config file) I can edit to remove infrastructure on Trade Centres?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We're also going to try to roll out a fix in the base game for this before the weekend, since it's quite a severe issue and unfortunate error on our part.

• 33Like
  • 7Love
Reactions:
We're also going to try to roll out a fix in the base game for this before the weekend, since it's quite a severe issue and unfortunate error on our part.

Excellent. QE working hard to get this out I am sure, easy to miss stuff like this in regression especially if there were no intended changes in this area.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thank you for this, great follow-up on your side.

Reactions:
Noooooooooooooo! I was enjoying high infrastructure trade centers! /s

But more seriously, please keep some trade center infrastructure usage plz.

• 1Like
Reactions:
some infrastracture for TC can (or even should) stay, although I would suggest to take a rolling average or similar to calculate it instead of the current size or the average of all trade centers in the region. bc those big fluctuations are an even bigger issue than the fact that it uses some infrastracture, although it should be also lowered even if it uses some kind of average like I suggested.

My GDP dropped considerably because of this change after 1.0.4 ;)
It looked more naturally for me and if it wasn't a middle of a campaign, I'd think it's more natural.

I've locally put all the game data files into a git repo and I see the change clearly with:
Code:
meld <(git show HEAD:common/building_groups/00_building_groups.txt) <(git show HEAD^:common/building_groups/00_building_groups.txt)

common/building_groups/00_building_groups.txt has these added in 1.0.4 for bg_trade:
Code:
parent_group = bg_urban_facilities
lens = trade
infrastructure_usage_per_level = 1
should_auto_expand = {
        always = no
}

• 3Like
Reactions:
Does anyone know if there is a mod that fixes the lategame pop fragmentation from migration?

Because with those 2 bugs fixed plus the Anbeeld AI mod I could actually start playing again.

This does highlight another obvious issue with trade, how to control where it goes. There appears to be no control in where the influx of trade goes and why. Starting in 1836 90% of USA trade goes through New York and 10% through Massachusetts with no reason why it doesn't split over to other available ports or infrastructure. Meanwhile 100% of Britains trade goes through Home Counties to London and France's trade is dispersed across at least 4 states.

Again there appears to be no way to control where trade goes or what is a trade hub and how much it will sustain which helps lead into this problem especially late game where if the game picks a bad infrastructure area for trade there's no way to deal with it. I can understand the desire to make trade take up infrastructure due to shops, warehouses, etc but the Infrastructure usage probably needs to be low due to how it could snowball out of control mid and late game.

Does anyone know if there is a mod that fixes the lategame pop fragmentation from migration?

Because with those 2 bugs fixed plus the Anbeeld AI mod I could actually start playing again.

Not really something as eloquent as a fix, but this mod papers over the issue by dramatically boosting assimilation rates.

Which isn't really the best fix since I LIKE seeing how diverse my country is

But well, when my game can barely run without it, I didn't see much option but to install it, and after a year or so it has already started to reduce the lag considerably

It's really heavy-handed though, like 10-20% of my total population assimilated within only a year's time