[1.0.0 9b5a] Ally Wormhole are considered shared but doesn't work

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zarine

Field Marshal
134 Badges
Feb 28, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
When using the wormhole technology and an ally is also using that technology, it is possible that your fleet will try to use the ally wormhole network.
When doing so, the fleet doesn't move at all and stay in place until you guide it through your own network.

Step to reproduce :

1) use wormhole and have an ally using wormhole as well
2) build wormhole stations so that you can enter a system with an ally wormhole station
3) move a fleet to the ally system
4) from this system, try to go to a system without one of your wormhole station

At this point, your fleet won't move and think it can use the ally wormhole station

Expected result :
A) Possibility to use the ally wormhole station and do the jump
B) Not possible to use the ally wormhole station but won't try to use it. Thus will make a jump back to own wormhole station system to then to the jump as requested.

On this video at 2:46:22, you can see me ordering my fleet to move to a system nearby.
The fleet order is then flickering and the fleet doesn't move at all.
In their current system, there is an ally wormhole station but not one of mine.

Upvote 0
Hi Zarine,
Thank you for your post! We are aware of this issue and it's present in our database. Hopefully it will be fixed soon!

It's not a big surprise but I just confirmed that this affects the AI as well, I found a fleet belonging to my ally stuck at one of my stations.

I'd say that makes it a far more critical bug than if it only affected the player. That AI is now paying for a 2K strength fleet that will never move.

Also, when in exile, you can't rectify the trajectory, making you lose your fleet.
Was just about to say...
My entire fleet just got stuck in what seconds ago was a hostile system, since the war ended it has to leave and has decided to do so using the closest wormhole station which just so happens to belong to my ally. One of my stations are in range but I can not change their order.

This is a critical bug.

Was just about to say...
My entire fleet just got stuck in what seconds ago was a hostile system, since the war ended it has to leave and has decided to do so using the closest wormhole station which just so happens to belong to my ally. One of my stations are in range but I can not change their order.

This is a critical bug.

The workaround I've used for that is to build a wormhole station of my own in the same system as the ally's.

The workaround I've used for that is to build a wormhole station of my own in the same system as the ally's.
Ah, didn't think of that... I tried building one that would be closer but the fleet was locked on their route.

Oh well, I went back a couple autosaves to recover my fleet, had to make sure I finished the war elsewhere...