• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
may I ask what happend to the "under construction scenarios" from .43 version for hoi 2 vanilla. there were bunch such as in the balance 1917, forty days in the west, the brusilov offensive etc. every time I try to run them I get errors. anyone finish them?

may I ask what happend to the "under construction scenarios" from .43 version for hoi 2 vanilla. there were bunch such as in the balance 1917, forty days in the west, the brusilov offensive etc. every time I try to run them I get errors. anyone finish them?

The battle scenarios I don't think have been touched in years, sorry.

So what is the future of 1914? AoD conversion? And the new map, is that for Iron Cross or porting it to Darkest Hour? They use the same map, no?

Sorry, I haven't logged in for a while. Circumstances have changed and life took a different turn, anyway let me try to respond to you guys.

This is dead wrong and would make a historical ending for ww1 impossible for instance.
I've had the historical ending happen more than once, with the German Western front gradually collapsing. And thanks I do know that the Western and Eastern front had their differences, yet somehow both were in a state of total stalemate for 90% of the war, a result you will not be able to achieve on the eastern front unless you do something drastic to it, like giving it the same kind of defense bonuses as in the west. If you've got any other ideas you are free to share, I was just rather frustrated by the Eastern Front looking like WW2 blitzkrieg in a WW1 game, that was the reason for my change. Anyway, it's all my POV and you guys are free to discard it.

I had to change your commands in trenchwarfare.txt. The correct command should be:
As the game is telling you, that's not a correct command, the correct command is in fact "defensiveness". Why would you change it when it was working?

You made some minor countries puppets of USA in 1914. But only Cuba was under influence in 1914. I corrected this. The other countries became later puppets of USA. Could you code events for this?
The US routinely sent troops to protect its interests in Honduras, Nicaragua, etc before 1914, that was my reasoning for making them puppets at the start of the game. Also has the advantage of making them enter the war automatically when the US enters it. Some countries, like Haiti and Dominican republics fell under direct US occupation during the game timeframe, and I have events for that. If you want it changed I can try to help I guess, just tell me how you want it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_Wars

I think it would be very awesome for next version to port this mod to a new map.
I can't help you with that for personal reasons, and even if I could, I think it's time to switch over to the Darkest Hour for that.

Last edited:
The US routinely sent troops to protect its interests in Honduras, Nicaragua, etc before 1914, that was my reasoning for making them puppets at the start of the game. Also has the advantage of making them enter the war automatically when the US enters it. Some countries, like Haiti and Dominican republics fell under direct US occupation during the game timeframe, and I have events for that. If you want it changed I can try to help I guess, just tell me how you want it.

You're help is welcome of course. Are there events for pre-1914 too?

Don't know if these are implemeted already:

Cuba: should be puppet after defeat of Spain in Spanish-American War.
Dominican Republic: in game USA declares war on Dominican Republic in 1916. But maybe for some reasons a direct annexion per event would be better.
Haiti: annexed [puppeted] 1915 by USA
Mexico: occupation of Vercruze 1914 is already in, isn't it?
Nicaragua: occupied [puppeted] 1912
Honduras: Don't know how we could represented this,

The introductory event was taken from TGW mod for HOI1, I inserted it mostly because it made me feel nostalgic. But yeah of course I can shorten it.

In command there become some events to be slept. Are they nescessary still. Otherwise they could be deleted.

Also, please tell me what precisely doesn't work in the defeat.txt and I'll work on it.

I will. (It happens when Central Powers are going to lose war).

As the game is telling you, that's not a correct command, the correct command is in fact "defensiveness". Why would you change it when it was working?

Yes, you're right. Paradox changed commands here. Nevertheless these commands had errors still. But it is fixed now.

I hope you'll have a good time. Seems to be HoI2 community is going to fall apart. We all grown up, have to take jobs, family etc. :(

Cheers.

Cuba: should be puppet after defeat of Spain in Spanish-American War.
Dominican Republic: in game USA declares war on Dominican Republic in 1916. But maybe for some reasons a direct annexion per event would be better.
Haiti: annexed [puppeted] 1915 by USA
Mexico: occupation of Vercruze 1914 is already in, isn't it?
Nicaragua: occupied [puppeted] 1912
Honduras: Don't know how we could represented this,
Except for Honduras and Nicaragua, events already exist for the others I think.

In command there become some events to be slept. Are they nescessary still. Otherwise they could be deleted.
Unless you're planning on introducing August 1914 or November 1914 scenarios, otherwise these events aren't necessary. I kept them there just in case, plus it's not like they're taking up valuable space or anything. :p

I hope you'll have a good time. Seems to be HoI2 community is going to fall apart. We all grown up, have to take jobs, family etc.
That's what new recruits are for. And hey, DH is based on the HOI2 engine and it's getting plenty of attention.

Hows this mod going anyway? I haven't been following this as much as i should be. Whats the status of this fine mod at present, any research etc (what i do lol) that i can help out with?

Hello
I´m playing the 1914 mod fr HoI2 since a long time. I cannot program anything, but I would offer my help in finding pics and doing research for the events. As I am a historian I have a lot of books concerning WW1, from which I could scan pics of units an ministers and such things. Is there any need for?

Well, I believe your books wouldn't offer pics that aren't included already. Currently we're not going to implement new stuff but fixing bugs, improving gameplay and AI. Hey I don't want to discourage you from contributing ;). Anyway, I can give you no exact responsibilities. If you play with the Mod do you noticed something is missing and you could add? Do you know something about war technology or about China?

You can send me a pm in German if you want. You are welcome to be a part of Mod1914. But right now we have other priorities. In a few weeks we want to clean up the database. If you want to add missing stuff there, I would encourage you to do so.