• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What exactly is the "vanilla map"? Are you referring to some colour choice (you wrote extensively on that and I never saw what you were really referring to...)
That refers to the fact that the extensive use of urban provinces makes the map take un an ugly yellowish-green colour.

Having little IC at start-up is the whole idea in avoiding 600 division armies in 1914 (which killed versions 0.40 and 0.41 - unplayable in the 1897 scenario).

So be it :) Just recolor the urban provinces, everything is so mustard yellow :p

1229580981_belgium-leader.jpg

http://blogfile.paran.com/BLOG_168160/200812/1229580981_belgium - leaders pack 1.0.zip

Belgian leaders pack

120 army leaders
20 air leaders

check it please guys

hey guys, if you need a hand doing some ai'es i'll be willing to give you a hand with them.

i've quite fallen for this wonderful little mod and i think it is a blast to play

What I did was junk my whole 1914 installation, minus the AI and config changes. I've done some work here,there everywhere and never really uploaded all the changes.

Is any actually compiling all this? Because we can't have a pack here, one there and no official release.

Edit

Something new I've found out was the modible dificulty.csv file. That would have done away with the new provinces 100%. Plus other advantages as well.

Last edited:
I am reviving this thread in order to bring up the subject of the Siamese territorial cesessions to France and Britain between 1904 and 1909, as show in this map.

I am beginning to wonder if we shouldn't give Cambodia, Northern Malacca and Vientiane to Siam, to have them seceded to Britain and France at the historical dates. Perhaps this is a little bit too harsh, though?

I think units started organization should be lowered drastically. I don't want to see a 1911 infantry at 95% org, just don't.

I think units started organization should be lowered drastically. I don't want to see a 1911 infantry at 95% org, just don't.

Maybe not drastically, but lowered - yes

We will have to playtest such things, though. We might also go for smaller org increases via techs.

Why, though? Higher org, combined with fairly low attack values, gives the long and lossy battles most people associate with the Great War.

You are right, unit stats should be worked over in a more general overhaul to reflect WW1 conditions. Do you have experience in that direction?

I do have some experience in that, but sadly due to commitments to the CORE2 beta, some military reworking for VIP and work, I don't have time to contribute to 1914 as well.

Where is the actual beta for ARM? I dowloaded Tegetthoff_2. Is that the new files, needed to be installed over 0.43?

what i would like to see for events in version .50 is more events having to do with Germany's colonies. Particularly German East Africa. In German east Africa after the SMS Konigsberg was sunk its crew joined the land forces. and its 9 of its 10 10.5 cm guns were used as artillery and the last one was mounted on this steamerboat The Graf Von Gotzen in Lake Tanganyika. There were two other steamers called The Kingani and The Hedwig Von Wissman. Another Ship called the Moewe was sunk and its 2 8.8 cm guns and 4 3.7 cm revolver guns were mounted on the Hedwig and Kingani. here's a link to more information if you guys want.

http://www.geocities.com/cdferree/tanganjikasee/tangan.html

There's some other things like the wireless radio station in Rabaul which the Germans destroyed after the Battle of Bita Paka. The Herero Genocide of 1904. The Sokeh’s Rebellion in the east Caroline Islands in 1912. The fall of the German colonies etc. Also a leader suggestion is paul von lettow vorbeck who commanded the shutzetruppe in East africa. If you guys don't have him already. These are all just suggestions but these are events i would like to see in version .50 if you guys don't have these already. If you guys want more info then replay to this post.

Last edited:
Would anyone be willing to post download links to the latest alpha files for download? (all the alpha download links in this thread are either dead or not available until September 18th)

My reason's for asking are selfish (meaning I want to try .50 alpha out)

But I will report any bugs and post playthrough results after I finish with each playthrough that lasts long enough to be worth reporting

Last edited:
Would anyone be willing to post download links to the latest alpha files for download? (all the alpha download links in this thread are either dead or not available until September 18th)

My reason's for asking are selfish (meaning I want to try .50 alpha out)

But I will report any bugs and post playthrough results after I finish with each playthrough that lasts long enough to be worth reporting

The last alpha version is 0.50.2.2 downloadable by rapidshare: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9377233&postcount=69. Be careful, this version is unplayable. I always get error messages and CTDs.

Last edited:
Here you find the last alpha version 0.50.2: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9377233&postcount=69

The features are:
################################################## ##########
# 1914 version 0.50.2
# Igro_bel, Jan. 31, 2009

Added cegorach's Polish techteams pack
Added some techteams to Russia
Added Russo-linguo config files
Added some pics for events
Added 'Muraviev died' event into minister-changes
Text was moved from russian event files into events_text
Added Russian events 1901-1903
Added some Japan techteams and pics for all of them
Added Korean techteams and pics for all of them
Added University of San Carlos of Guatemala
Added Nobel's Prizes events 1901-1920

# 1914 version 0.50.1
# Tegetthoff, Jan. 22, 2009

Combined Tegetthoffґs September A-H mod with igro-belґs and omskyґs Russia events
Added omskyґs Russian event text

changed 1897 Moscow infra to 60 (tramway event)
changed 1897 russia industrial modifier to 0.97 (to account for later event increase)

Added Einstreeґs Belgian pack

But in this version every scenario is unstartable. I disabled (not fixed) the corrupt entries, so that you can test.

Last edited:
All of the above look like fairly straightforward syntax errors. Find the correct lines, look over the syntax and it should be easily fixed.

Cheers,

T.