• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TRP

♦ Totally Random Productions ♦
1 Badges
Mar 6, 2009
  • Darkest Hour
bannerpv.jpg

DOWNLOAD 1.04 HERE!
Filefront mirror

agkwatermarkpng.png

Note to all downloaders:
The kit is free of cost, but we'd appreciate it if you would spread the word to your colleagues, by posting a link to this thread and using the 'Supported by AGK' graphic on your AAR frontpage. Simply copy this code without the °
[°CENTER][°URL="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10439784#post10439784"][°IMG]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4798/agkwatermarkpng.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Why?

The past years, the demand for captivating imaginery in AARs has grown exponentially, putting extra strain on the graphically untutored AuthAARs. This kit is a combination of tools we at TRP developed to save time and make our writing process faster, while staying in touch with the tastes of our audience. Now, we decided to bundle everything and release it for all Authors to use. Free of charge!

What?

The AuthAAR GFX Kit, or AGK in short, is a ZIP archive composed by Totally Random Productions, which contains a selection of very handy-to-use and time-saving tools and files, intended to help all authors (even those without a nose for graphics) create original, captivating and eye-pleasing imaginery for their AARs. The current pre-release version includes:

- CrackedToothGrin's HOI2 Province World Map : 2009 edition!: Long lost in the depths of AARland, but recovered (We have our ways :p) and digitally remastered by Totally Random Productions into a vector file, fit for upscaling to any resolution! Zoom in on battles, create territorial changes maps, everything goes!

- The Totally Random Productions Event Making Kit: Create custom event screenshots without any coding woes, and F12 the event effects in afterwards. Great for long-running games prone to crashing when constantly modded.

- Vincent's Two-Step Grunge Kit: An easy-to-use kit for grunging up your graphics. Comes in two frequent sizes and a banner-format!

- The GFX Handbook A folder full of handy graphics tutorials made by HOI2 AARlanders. Usefull for AARs, but for modding aswell!

- List of All Things Which are Handy: A list composed by fellow AuthAARs containing links to great websites for photos, source material and war plans

-User Manuals: Everything in the kit comes with a User Manual, explaining the step-by-step process on how to use them

-Everything you want!: This thread is specifically for submitting self-made material for inclusion in the Kit, and requesting things for the Kit. You use it, you make it!​

Best of all, the AuthAAR GFX Kit is completely Free of Charge! A working version of Adobe Photoshop, however, is required. We might make a GIMP-compatible version later on, but we'll need support from GIMP users for that.

Right now we are in pre-release phase, but this is where this thread comes in: We need you! to help develop the AuthAAR GFX Kit into a fully-capable community tool: Submit your own items, or request tools for graphical problems you have encountered many times in your AAR. And most importantly: Spread the word! let struggling new Authors know there are tools out there to help them, and link to this thread.

We eagerly await your reactions

Cheers,
-Laurence and Vincent, Totally Random Productions

Last edited:
I use GIMP, and can provide feedback - but personally am not really involved enough with using GFX to make statements as to why something might not be appearing x way, just that it isn't

EDIT: Oh and yummy btw.

I salute the effort and suggest you also add in that little program that made the shields, flags and counters for you. I...don't remember its name anymore...

Once again the dedication of members to making these forums, especially the AAR ones, better just amazes me... thank you sirs!

SCW

Edit;

Hey there Dear Buddies,

I can't seem to find a Download button, or there isn't any?

I'd gladly try this kit out!
This is pre release :)

I use GIMP, and can provide feedback - but personally am not really involved enough with using GFX to make statements as to why something might not be appearing x way, just that it isn't

EDIT: Oh and yummy btw.

I salute the effort and suggest you also add in that little program that made the shields, flags and counters for you. I...don't remember its name anymore...

Hey there Dear Buddies,

I can't seem to find a Download button, or there isn't any?

I'd gladly try this kit out!

Well, if anyone could recover this program, we'd be glad to put it in. We're also still looking for the original author of the HOI2 Province World Map, it was made quite some time ago.

No download yet, as we're still in pre-release :p. We should be able to get something up by next weekend, depends on what R/L obligations we have this week.

-Vincent, Totally Random Productions

This is the original map thread:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337129

The user who made it CrackdToothGrin

Another nice addition to the blank map would be a custom color swatch featuring all the possible country colors as well as the color of the sea provinces. That would make coloring the blank map a lot easier and would make it look more ingame. Not sure if the GIMP has color swatches but at least it's possible with photoshop. Quite easy too. Lot of tutorials for it.

Note that we are still looking for a decent FTP (we'll use Megaupload for now but that's limited). Is anyone willing to host the GFX Kit?

This looks realy interesting. I like to use a lot of photoshoped stuff for my AARs so this will come in handy as I am not as proficient as I would like.
:)

This looks realy interesting. I like to use a lot of photoshoped stuff for my AARs so this will come in handy as I am not as proficient as I would like.
:)

Good news then, I intend to make a first upload when I get back this evening :D. It doesn't yet contain all of the stuff listed but the most important things will be in

-Vincent

1.03 has been released! This is still a pretty beta-version, but it should work. simply unzip the archive and take what you need.

http://rapidshare.com/files/313454480/AGK_1.03.zip.html

To everyone downloading: We'd appreciate it if you helped spreading the word when using this kit, by placing the made using AGK graphic on your AAR frontpage and linking to this thread

agkwatermarkpng.png

Enjoy!

Can you post it elsewhere, or MSN me it? There's never any free slots on Rapidshare anymore :(

Oh, and have you any advice on how to fiddle a perspective on something?

Megaupload please!

Rapidshare said:
You want to download the following file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/313454480/AGK_1.03.zip | 34039 KB

This file can only be downloaded by becoming a Premium member

There are no more download slots available for free users right now. If you don't want to become a premium member, you might want to try again later.

I would already be using this for an AAR I'm planning on doing, were it not for the fact that I you need to be a premium member to download it. Being a premium member costs money. :(

Could you guys release a link to download it where it is free ? ;)